Anime trading via post

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

hehehe jamin
think everyone else must get it first then don't you?
hahahahaha

I feel so ashamed already...
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Off-The-Chart wrote:Zero, I am a very sensitive guy so maybe just ignore me, but I am sure I have never seen Nuke say anything like that bout his list... Also, if you know some1 with so much anime, good for you guys... All of us here have certainly not been into anime forever, so we are still in the kind of beginning stage...

Surely if we had 2meg lines (hehehe) and uncapped ADSL, we too would have hundreds of series... So pls, turn down the aggression, mind you I might be going bit overboard, and we can all have some cool chats about anime...

BTW welcome to the threads...
From my perspective it wasn't quite aggession. Anyway, I do apologise if it seemed that way. Gomendesai Nuke!

Yeah I wish we all had uncapped ADSL. I got lots of stuff when I went to England last year. The speed, it's unbelievably awesome.

Oh! I'm also do apologise if I seemed a bit precocious in seeking trading partners.

Thanks for welcoming me after the scolding =P
Don't take things I say too seriously. I dont wanna get banned.

BTW for us who use 192kb/s connections with 3 gb caps, the best bet for anime downloads are High quality rm's. It's about 80mb in size and almost like HQ avi's..... Damn wrong thread, do let it pass mods. Lazy to cut and paste. The site is www.realitylapse.com
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

Nah Zero, I am sure your intentions were not at all harmful, just atm it seemed a bit 'harsh'... But anyway, we past that now...

So, keep chattin in "New anime" thread okay?
Sure we can have nice chatters about some stuff... Fill us in on some of the stuff you have watched so far as well, but in http://entertainment3.co.za/modules.php ... 947#452947

Yeah rm's are not bad at all, although I am one that, if I can get an avi/mkv/ogm, I would rather go for that... But in the case of Naruto, RM is best bet on space saving... Most stuff me and jamin get now, are all either mkv/avi/ogm, although I think he still goes for the avi and rm more than others...
Think it also depends on, at that time you wanna dl the series, what you can get...
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

I personally don't like rm, unless i need to. Most of mines are avi's. Th best is of course mkv's and ogm's.
Beleive it or not, I have no idea what Naruto is about, except it's about some ninjas and stuff. I like to see an anime continously. So I guess I'll wait till it completes.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I was also thinking about circulating a HDD.

If you guys are keen I'll sponsor it.

Image from it copy to it and then pass it on within a few days.

I asume all or at least most of you oke's use S-ATA?

New guys can benefit from this greatly so share your thoughts here and we'll work something out.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Rayne wrote:I was also thinking about circulating a HDD.

If you guys are keen I'll sponsor it.

Image from it copy to it and then pass it on within a few days.

I asume all or at least most of you oke's use S-ATA?

New guys can benefit from this greatly so share your thoughts here and we'll work something out.
Ya, I'll have a spare 200GB IDE in a few months, but if you can organise one now then that's all the better, Rayne.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Cool.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

I'm not sure about whats going on here, lemme see. You guys wanna start circulating a hd around. The hd will have loads of stuff, so people can benefit from it.
Is this correct?

But how do you verify the people you've posted to.Suppose your hd is stolen or the lame excuse that it got lost or stolen.

I might just buy a 300gb this week. Not sure on SATA 2 or not cos I'll be running it through an exclosure.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

By sending it to trusted members and doing postage via SpeedServices courier only so that receipt can be confirmed.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Well, I know who to trust on these forums wrt trading anime. I'm sure Rayne does aswell.

Our whole little anime community is very trustworthy here. I've traded with lots of forum members and have yet to be dissapointed :D
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Hmmm... I see, excuse my inexperience.
So if I get a 300gb, I fill half of it with stuff, like anime and whatever and then send it to person x to leech my stuff and copy her stuff on there, then it's all good.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Yeah I've been trading for a while too. Although I've have some do downers. *sighs*
jee

Post by jee »

we are very careful here.. :) and trust worthy ...
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

Well let's see:
Me, Rayne and jamin are willing to do it with hdd's that we have... Maybe we can each have seperate stuff on it, and then we can do a once round with each hdd... That way nothing needs to be deleted or put back on...
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

I guess we all earn our trust don't we.
For the momet I'll be trading via post, long distance, or via hd, in person. Till my confidence is unwithered.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

BTW do you think it is worth it o buy a 300gb hd for under R1000. I'm gonna use it primarily for anime. As I'm sure you know, anime copied on disc sometimes gets corrupted for no particular reason. Consequently one or two eps stop working.
If I do buy an hd, I will contact this guy who supossedly has anime in the terrabytes. I wouldn't mind trading guys with ppl.
Actually it is my passion to open a site with anime downloads and anime more exposure in SA. Currently the best I'm doing is bein a mod at www.animeforum.co.za and providing links for n00bs and for anyone else. Wish me luck.
Who's situated in JHB here
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Sadly I dont have a hdd except a corrupted 20GB....

@ Zeros, Ill add you to my msn, then Ill send you my list.

How about making a list of trusted traders?
1 - Rayne , have gotten stuff from him many times
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

1000 is a good price, mine costed 1150 a few monthes back....(from corex)
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

If anyone wants to buy a HDD in KZN for anime sharing purposes, PM me - I'll get you one at dealer price... no markup for anime sharers

w00t!
jee

Post by jee »

i will contribute too.. just not d/loading... i hate doing that :)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Rayne that is an awesome Idea! I have friends who have hundreds of gigs of anime I don't have, so if you send to us, we can lan for a weekend, leech your stuff, and put what you need on it.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

Wow! I seriously think it's a good idea. Speaking entirely from a leech point of view as I probably don't have much (if anything) to contribute.
t3h blog
"Hail Eärendil, of mariners most renowned, the looked for that cometh at unawares, the longed for that cometh beyond hope! Hail Eärendil, bearer of light before the Sun and Moon! Splendour of the Children of Earth, star in the darkness, jewel in the sunset, radiant in the morning!"

Of the Voyage of Eärendil , The Silmarillion
Evade

Post by Evade »

sounds like an awesum idea (specially for us net deprived ones :))
but i assume dis for jo'berg surrounding areas? hardly any1 here from CT??
walk the dark path, sleep with angels

-assassin of the pride-
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

@Evade - Are you nuts. There are tons of okes in the capes. I'm currently trading with one there. The stellenbosch society is massive. Check their site and just ask around, you'll be surprised.

This HD thing sounds really good. But like Nuke said, you guys should build a list of verified traders.
Evade

Post by Evade »

@ZeroS: i should check it out den....
im at CPUT, and theres a few peeps here... Kher-za prbly da most known..... i should poke around i guess.....

u here? or just trading wif sum1?
walk the dark path, sleep with angels

-assassin of the pride-