Do you belive in aliens?

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

sun_walka wrote:Yeah, that's bad enough, but you have absolutely no idea how it feels knowing there's a possibility that you could STILL be in that dream, or even worse, that dream could well be REAL LIFE!! 8O
this quite tricky to solve, cos I know its not a dream, but to you I am just another faceless voice... could be I am part of the aliens virtual world programming.

i'm afraid you stuck there bro
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
sun_walka
Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41 PC-Mate
Graphics card: VisionTek Radeon R9 290
Memory: Crucial Balistix Sport 32GB DDR3

Post by sun_walka »

Well, I hope certainly hope not. :(

And wit_skapie, you don't necessarily have to become a jester, you can just "humour" your foes to death. :lol:
mow Cancelled

Post by mow Cancelled »

Here's an interresting alien story :

a couple were driving out in the country in England - they stopped by a lake for ummmm .... you know the things that couples do.

they were busy .. for about 2 hours but upon their return they found that 7 hours have past. didnt think anything of it. a few moths later they started having nightmares and strange dreams.

they went to see a shrink about it , and under hipnosis they revealed the location of a grouping of stars... after refferincing the data they provided with the "Mighty" nasa. it was concluded that the grouping does not exist..... til 15years later in 1998 when the stars were dicovered by nasas huble telescope

----Thanx to Kher-za for this piece of Art-----
Moses

Post by Moses »

Hmm. We had an interesting discussion with out Physics teacher the other day where we discussed all the variables involved in the moon landing. We came to the conclusion that there are too many oddities for the landing to be true. Well, at least the first one. Dunno about any after that.

What will be extremely interesting is when (if ever!!!) they send a manned shuttle to Mars. Wonder when we'll be technologically advanced enough for that...
Your physics teacher does not belong in the education system.

Have any of you ever wondered why they aired SIGHTINGS on the SciFi (Science FICTION) channel?
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

sun_walka wrote:Hey Mothman, funny you should join us in this thread, considering the avie and the title :lol: ;)

Ja I know, maybe I'm also still living in a dream 8O
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

Moses wrote:
Have any of you ever wondered why they aired SIGHTINGS on the SciFi (Science FICTION) channel?

so true! 8O
capanno

Post by capanno »

Heres what I think.

Please read this and know that it is my oppinion. Dont flame me like when I shared my oppinion in "this-other-thread".

UFOs are experimental vehicles. The US government started a competition in the 60s for 2 aircraft companies. They had to build a plane. Easy task. The one company (sorry Im not good with names) built the SR7A Blackbird, a very fast recon plane. The other built a 'flying-saucer' type plane. In the end, the saucer was MUCH better than the Blackbird. It was menouverable as hell and I think it had basic anti-gravity stuff, but Im not sure. The US gave the prize to the Blackbird, and produced it to be used in the airforce. Its still used today. They closed the other company and took all their research. These planes are being tested in secrecy.

Anti gravity is a reality. The germans had it in WW2.
Tested it, of course. The yanks took it after the war, and they were not able to reproduce, let alone better it.

A few years ago someone filmed a so-called UFO and took the video to a inspector guy. The guy concluded that it was man-made.

OH, remember there are hordes of hoax videos and photographs of UFOs.

As far as aliens go, Im not sure. Alot are hoaxes. There is a chance that they are demons. The story about the light, Ive heard of people who were attacked by demons and they discribed it alot like Mothman's story.

Its an interesting subject.

:P

Edit// spelling :)
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

After browsing this forum for two years, yes!
fallen_angel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by fallen_angel »

i have to believe in aliens.... I'm one.... "bleep" :wink:

Watashi no ikari wa anata no tamashī wa heiwa o fukushū to eien no o mitsukeru.
TROPICAL AQUARIUMS <---My hobby
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Do you belive in aliens?
Yep, in South Africa we have lots of trees that aren't indigeous.

@fallen_angel, you back? How you been? Haven't seen you here for a while.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
capanno

Post by capanno »

About the SATALITE pic of the ALGEA on mars. LOL LOL!!! Whatever. How can they photograph Algea from that far. It might as well be dark sand. LOL LOL!!!

Parrallel universes. Also a redicilous theory.
Is this is so possible, then my Oreo-universe theory must also be possible.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

I dont "believe" in aliens per se, but find it unfathomable that only one planet (ours) from an semi-unmeasurable quantity in the universe could have life. (Whether the life over here is intelligent, is questionable.)
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

there are sattelites in orbit around mars and have been for many years already, they can read the numbers on the license plate of your car while in orbit so i don't see why they shouldn't be able to see what's growing on rocks.

hang on, i bet you posted this just to see what the reaction would be. :)

as for parallel universes, there is no proof that they do not exist either.
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Hey Cap, The Testing of Man made planes is a semi-valid theory. And many people follow it Avidly.

I say semi, because many people who follow this theory believe that the US got most of the technology from Extraterestrial sources. While others fully believe that it is TOTALLY man made.
The problem with the latter is this: Why the sudden leap in available technology, and then slowing down again?
What I mean is before the 1950s Technological Advancement was moving slowly forward. there were no Giant Technological leaps, but it was progressing at it's own pace. Then, come the 50s, this giant leap in covert research (at least acording to the Conspiricy Theorists), such as these amazing flying saucers. Then Technology slows back down again, and nothing dramatic happens out of pace with the rest of tech advancement. And still today, Technology is moving at it's own, somewhat sedate, pace.
That's why some believe that there was in fact an alien space ship captured (or retrieved from a crash, possibly the Roswell Crash) and then this technology was taken from that ship. These "man-made-from-alien-technology" planes were then tested around Area 51 and Roswell.

Another problem with these craft though, is the fact that for the type of movement that they can presumably perform (such as the instantanious change of direction, or hovering, and then instantly flying away at thousands of miles per hour), is the fact that these cannot be manned craft, since the human body is incapable of handling the G-forces implied by this incredible change in momentum. (This is all high school physics, so I hope you're all still following) The human body would be crushed.

As for Anti-Gravity? Expand a little on what u mean exactly by the term.
Different people have different understandings of it. Some will have a more "Star-Trek" idea of antigravity, while others will understand more in the line of "A simple yet effective way to overcome gravity" such as hovering by blowing air downwards from a vent.

Regarding the Demon thing: I'm just gonna shut up about that. Cause y'all know what I think about it. :wink:
capanno

Post by capanno »

Reading number plates and viewing algea is a bit diffrent. Come on...

Parallel universs, no proof they dont exist, no proof they exist.

Same with my oreo theory. So I demand that my theory gets concidered and be written about in National Geographic. What makes the parallel universe theory more 'possible' than mine? :P
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

I read somewhere that these craft would need exceptional inertia dampeners just for the pilots to survive the acceleration as kronos mentioned above, but can't the occupants be placed into water tanks? wouldn't water absorb a large quantity of the inertia?
Capanno_Del_Kimakigami wrote:Reading number plates and viewing algea is a bit diffrent. Come on...
true, but when large amounts of algae grow on the ground or rocks in close proximity to one another then they can be a lot easier to spot that an entire vehicle.

as for your view on universes, you're going to have trouble convincing the scientists that oreo's are important enough on a universal scale to form their own dimension.
Last edited by Kher-za on 07 Apr 2005, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

OK, Some Scientific insight into the algae thing:

They don't actually see the little algae growing on a rock (it wouldn't be able to grow in the sub zero temps anyway).

they simply photograph it with infra-red and Ultra-Violet camera filters, to filter out the specific thing that they are looking for.

In this case algae, can be detected due to the specific signature that Organic Life has. When they photograph a rock, in full sunlight, through UV filters, the rock itself and the algae on the rock leave VERY different signatures. because most organic life absorbs UV while inanimate objects, such as rocks, reflect it.

The Parallel Universe Theory is just that. A Theory. No one can prove or disprove it. It's a bit like religion in that sence.
capanno

Post by capanno »

Kronos:

Very interesting. All of the info I posted is based on what I heard from other people, so I cant say that its abselooootly true. (the anti-gravity).
Wouldnt you consider that high tech devices/vehicles/etc may be tested in secrecy?
Of course noone would want to let the other side get their research. What makes sense to me is, when technology really was booming, most was kept secret. The high tech stuff. Realeasing lower-end technology to the public and the world. It seemed like technology was booming and then it slowed down, while in the meantime it was getting better and better, but in secrecy. Here in SA they are building vehicles like a car that can transform into a plane. (civilian-looking cars) Or a boat that transforms into a boat. They developed a device that uses an algorithm that can crack any encrypted message. HERE IN SA!!! If we do this, what are the Americans and the Russians doing, not to mention Zimbabwe :P !!! On that note, couldnt they have built better G-suites by now? Im not saying they have, but isnt there a possibility?
capanno

Post by capanno »

I will believe in the algea when I take a look at it when they bring it back from mars, and Im waiting at the launch/land pad/zone whatever. :P

(Im no expert on UV filtering so please dont take my posts about the algea too seriously im just saying it "tong-innie-kies")
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

capanno, where do you believe the nomads came from, where do you think their masters went?

surely you can believe that there is algae on mars if you saw how much life there is on Malta!

:wink:
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Capanno_Del_Kimakigami wrote:Heres what I think.

As far as aliens go, Im not sure. Alot are hoaxes. There is a chance that they are demons. The story about the light, Ive heard of people who were attacked by demons and they discribed it alot like Mothman's story.

Edit// spelling :)
wow... demons. Don't think I believe in those. I'll rather keep to the alien theory. 8O
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

*wacks mothman with one of his own probes*

'don't leave the damn thing lying around next time you come over!'

:twisted:
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Kher-za wrote:*wacks mothman with one of his own probes*

'don't leave the damn thing lying around next time you come over!'

Next time I’ll invade Wunderland..

Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

@Mothman - I saw a german "not-so-halaal" video called Wunderland. I see you have "probes" and what not, now you wanna go invade wunderland... eish !!

Wyk satan

S
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Sojourn wrote:@Mothman - I saw a german "not-so-halaal" video called Wunderland. I see you have "probes" and what not, now you wanna go invade wunderland... eish !!

Wyk satan

S

tssss VAT HOM FLAFFIE :lol: