Love?

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Dr_Jung

Re: Love?

Post by Dr_Jung »

To have loved and lost is better than not to have loved at all, cannot remember who said that but it is so true.

Can you imagine being married for six and a half years and the partner of the day comes to you and says " I have found someone else", so devastating that it seems death is the only outlet. However this is not so, new love awaits around the corner or more aptly over the crest of the mountain in front of you.

A relationship grows stale unless you work on it, women are in particular highly prone to this, they have to have constant reminders of how much they are cherished, if this is not done by the male they become very vulnerable to outside influences. Sex is a minor detail to a woman, love and affection is what matters, this has to be maintained at high levels throughout the relationship, if neglected it will, after a period of time, lead to a situation where another, new partner seems desirable. In this state a women may easily be taken in by a sympathetic male who suddenly showers the attention on her that she so craves in her present stale relationship. This is the area of extreme danger, the seven year syndrome.
This will happen to all couples who do not follow this simple but important rule, void it at your peril.

A woman scorned, either by an affair or neglect will never ever be the same again, she may well forgive but will never forget. A man is far more capable of shrugging this off, even if it takes six months or so, he will overcome. A woman sees any sort of infidelity as a direct insult to her femininity, let me assure you that lack of affection toward her is considered as infidelity. So now you know what a woman wants and now you know how to treat her, as a man who suffers because of this, get over it and learn.

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Dr_Jung, :shock: wow - very insightful. I agree 100%. Men see sex as a way of showing the women they still find them attractive. To women - it is the little things that count - asking how their day was, helping carry in the groceries, changing that light bulb that she has been nagging you about, holding her and not trying to make it lead to something else.

Sex is wonderful, fantastic and definitely necessary. But it is not a sign of love. You can have sex with anyone - but caring shows that you are emotionally invested in her. All the marriages I know of that didn't work out - the woman says that they drifted apart. She felt unappreciated, they never talked - and by that I mean more than just what you are thinking, he was always working, she was left to see to the kids and the house, they stopped showing consideration for each other, stopped touching, hugging and kissing. The only time they would connect was during sex - the rest of the time she was in an emotional desert.

Sadly - it would not have taken much effort to save their marriages / relationships. But they both have to see that there is a problem and work together, and here communication is important. If she doesn't tell the guy what she needs and how she is feeling, and if he doesn't do the same - nothing will improve.

My opinion anyway.
Dr_Jung

Post by Dr_Jung »

Yes, it is indeed sad that the mentioned problems may easily be overcome if caught in time, remember I am not saying that it is only the male partner that should concede to this, women are not innovators in a relationship, but they will respond accordingly.

Let the spice flow!

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Yep - I think the difference is a man will go out and find a woman and have an affair. - must be as a result of the hunter instinct. With women, it seems as though a man comes to her and woos her. She gives in as she craves the attention. I could be wrong though.
Dr_Jung

Post by Dr_Jung »

You are correct, a man is often led around by his penis, everything he craves is penis related, a flashy car, a flashy woman (read slut) the biggest and best computer and if it cannot be the best then mod it until it is. Have you ever noticed in a football game, how the players, who line up in front of the penalty area when a rocket like penalty shoot is about to happen? They all hold their hands over their penis, to hell with their faces!

A man who understands a bit about a woman's psyche can almost manipulate her! :)

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

correct tribs

woman who have affairs often lack that intimate feeling of attention and love from her partner so in most cases the affair is with a close male friend who shows her that kind of attention and over time it becomes more.

men on the other hand, not all of them tho, cant help but react to flirting or to automatically flirt with woman and that eventually leads to more.
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

ROTFL - true.

And sadly to say - women are easily manipulated. Push the right buttons and you have hear eating ..... well you know the rest :lol:
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Dr_Jung, where do you disappear to? :( Good to see you posting. :)
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Dr_Jung

Post by Dr_Jung »

Oh, I am always around, or mostly anyway. I like to post in the Ward if I have something worthwhile to add, a bit of humour and so on. Also my brother with the long stick thing, he hogs the computer!
But thanks for the encouragement!

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Although the last few comments are often very accurate they don't hold true to my disaster.
If anything it is the opposite.
One of the main reasons she has left is that she has become increasingly sexually curious, the 'I wonder what it would be like.. with...x..' notion. So, not really something I can help her with, there is no way I can ever be 'someone else' even if the actual bedroom antics are identical.
She also felt she was losing her identity for some reason, somehow we became too close and too familiar, another thing that is almost impossible to rectify. The very fact that we had been together so long means we would certainly be familiar with each other - if we weren't something would be a bit wrong.
I could write a paragraph here telling how I always asked her about her day, and told her she looks beautiful etc but that would not only be dull but not even remotely helpful.
I guess she has just changed and her new outlook doesn't feature me in it :cry:

Tribs - not so sure the women is the one always to be wooed. My ex-love was/is definitely a hunter. Certainly not cast from the 'usual' woman mould, which was probably why I love(d) her.
But you are right that I need to learn how to fall out-of-love with her, for which I don't have a method yet..

Thanks for your help everyone. The road is currently very dark for me.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I see your problem. Those were not things you could change or help her with. Just one thing - sometimes they leave, find out things were better "at home" and then want to return after a while. You will have to decide if you would want her back IF it ever came to that. I am really not trying to get your hopes up - but I have seen it happen. Some guys take them back and live happily and others decide that they cannot forgive and walk away.

If you need to chat - we are here. We can't actually give you very good or even plausible advice - but we can listen and try and lighten your mood.

<hugs>
jee

Post by jee »

Such wisdom... :)

does this come close to express it?

it can be such fun...

or not

"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

What awesome photos jee - and the teddy one is so sad.
jee

Post by jee »

"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

Dr_Jung wrote:A man who understands a bit about a woman's psyche can almost manipulate her! :)
That is true.

@Screeper: I know its a tough time for you and this isn't really helpful, but if you do any writing (poetry, stories etc) or any art or any thing creative, now is the time to do it.
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Jee - that teddy hits the nail on the head for me :(

Monty - yes I paint, draw and write - there's a book in here somewhere...
jee

Post by jee »

screeper, just remember the thing about teddies.... they get picked up, dusted off, and loved. no matter what condition they are in.

hmmm there is a quote in this one ;)
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Very profound indeed.
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you...
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I agree - and it is the hardest thing to stop doing. Harder than quitting smoking - but it is possible.
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

Love that we cannot have is the one that lasts the longest, hurts the deepest and feels the strongest.
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
BluePsyche

Post by BluePsyche »

Monty wrote:
Love that we cannot have is the one that lasts the longest, hurts the deepest and feels the strongest.
Dammit what a useless love :x
The greatest battle is the one within...
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

But it can sustain you through dark times.
Zana

Post by Zana »

Tribble wrote:But it can sustain you through dark times.
True :-)
Love can be a fuel source :-) but sometimes love needs to be fueled to by something else like compassion, nurturing and freindlyness from others, also even nature can revive "love".. even doing the things you enjoy doing.
Love and hugs
Danielle
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
Art Gallery: www.zananeichan.deviantart.com
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

But love - not looked after - will die.