The sport of Bodybuilding

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Done some research and gonna try Animal M-Stak and Animal Pump. I read a few reviews where they compared Animal Pump to No Explode, very similar but many prefer the Pump because it's in capsule form which I would also prefer so will give it a try. :)

Thanks for the recommendations Acid... ;)
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

No problem!! I have never tried Animal M-Stak and Animal Pump.

Let me know how they are.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Well decided I'm going to get together with my old training partner for a while in the holidays since he also wants to get some supplements.

We've decided on some USN Pure Protein, then some Phedra Cut XT caps (my friend said they worked wonders last time he got them) and then some USN Gaktech Caps, which we get 120 caps of Creatine X4 free with it.

My friend isn't keen on Creatine so I'm gonna take the X4s and he's gonna use the Gaktech, and then we're gonna share the Phedra Cut.

What you guys think of this? And yea yea USN sucks etc.. just wanna know about the products not the manufacturer.

Oh, and any ideas how I can make the pills/caps taste good?? ;)
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

Question: Do pills actually help? I started gym about 2 months ago, and wow, I like the improvement in my physique. :-) But do all these pills actually make a difference? Should I get them?
trapnal

Post by trapnal »

Azgard wrote:Well decided I'm going to get together with my old training partner for a while in the holidays since he also wants to get some supplements.

We've decided on some USN Pure Protein, then some Phedra Cut XT caps (my friend said they worked wonders last time he got them) and then some USN Gaktech Caps, which we get 120 caps of Creatine X4 free with it.

My friend isn't keen on Creatine so I'm gonna take the X4s and he's gonna use the Gaktech, and then we're gonna share the Phedra Cut.

What you guys think of this? And yea yea USN sucks etc.. just wanna know about the products not the manufacturer.

Oh, and any ideas how I can make the pills/caps taste good?? ;)
U trying to bulk or cut??
First bulk, then cut...
X4 = Good idea, Gaktech = Waste of time
Rather get the EAS protein, its FAR better!!!

Creator wrote:Question: Do pills actually help? I started gym about 2 months ago, and wow, I like the improvement in my physique. :-) But do all these pills actually make a difference? Should I get them?
I would rather wait a couple months before taking anything,,,i would say 6 months at least, but thats just my view. let your body get used to training, strengthen tendons etc... otherwise ur muscles gonna get strong to quick for tendons, and can lead to problems...

But yeah, they do help... quite a lot if you take right combination...
Last edited by trapnal on 26 Oct 2006, 19:14, edited 2 times in total.
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

First to Azgard:

If the pills tast that bad. Try down them with your protein shake or some orange juice that normally helps. The other thing that I learnt that helps is , whe taking the tabs put them in your mouth as far back as you can , that way you dont tast jack.. If I was you I would take the Phedra cut later on. First bulk up then cut. I know some people complain that phedra cut weakens you a bit.

Second to Creator : Yip they will improve you shape and strenth alot , depending what you take. Start of with some Creatine and Glutamine and see we it takes you. Ask some guys around the gym what they take and go from there..

Happy training..
trapnal

Post by trapnal »

Yeah, creatine and Glutamine is a good combination to start with. Try get a protein supplemnt in there as well, or a full on meal replacement...
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

Cool. Thanks for the info :-D
MrAnarchy

Post by MrAnarchy »

Used to buy my stuff from www.performancesupplements.co.za

Free delivery and good prices, just load the website in IE not firefox
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

If you buy anything with Nitix Oxide in it. Dont mix it with glutamine. I read they cancel each other out and you get no results.
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

trapnal wrote:I would rather wait a couple months before taking anything,,,i would say 6 months at least, but thats just my view. let your body get used to training, strengthen tendons etc... otherwise ur muscles gonna get strong to quick for tendons, and can lead to problems...

But yeah, they do help... quite a lot if you take right combination...
I agree. Guys just starting out should not take anything. You first need to develop good neuro-muscular connections throughout your muscles. You see your muscle does not work at its full potential if you have just started training. So you need to develope it slowly. Its just like getting a degree or learning a trade. One step at a time.

Lazarus - Shattered Halls

ek se hosh. dala kulids. ghle, ho! oom, atts! hoe lyk die kambotcha? gwallafest 2007
Fcon_Vpro

Post by Fcon_Vpro »

I got some Nutrex Lipo-6 from performancesupplements.co.za . Service from Stephen was good. And pricing also good. Check out the specials. They are great.

This Lipo-6 stuff is pretty strong. So far Im on my 3rd day and 1kg lighter. But I think it could just be excess water thats come off cos that is what the Lipo-6 does.

I will keep you guys up to date about whether this stuff works or not.

@RyanRich... The M-Stak is good, but Id only recommend taking it if you have reached a road-block in gains. I took it and gained 5kg of muscle in a cycle. It also made me more livelier and happier because of how its kicks your body into anabolism. If I could afford the Animal Pump I would definetly take it. Ive tried 3 Animal products and all have been damn good. I would take Universal/Animal products before anything else. No hype in any of their products!!!
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

So do you rate going for Universal Animal M-Stack would be worth well.
I still cant make up my mind what to buy. Cant get hold of Green Bulge or White Blood from Creative labs. And the BSN- NO-Expode is sold out where I normally buy.

So I am search and asking around for another option. Cant imaging taking Animal Pak and Universal Animal M-Stack . All those pills. Ouch!!!
Fcon_Vpro

Post by Fcon_Vpro »

I think the M-Stak is only worth it when you are at a roadblock.
If you are still growing fine and not finding it difficult to put on muscle, then keep doing what you are doing. By taking M-stak when you arent at a roadblock, it will just ride along with your bodies current anabolism and your gains wont be significant as in the past.
But at the same time its always a good thing to change your supplements, so maybe try the M-stak for a cycle and see what it does for you.
Just remember that it enhances anabolism completely different to Green Bulge or NO-Explode.
I really like the stuff, and plan on taking it as soon as I reach a roadblock again. But the way things are going for me at the moment, Im not sure when that will be.
As for the pills... at a stage I was taking 2 Animal Paks and 2 Animal Nitro packs per day for a total of 36 tablets!!! Animal Nitro is difficult to swallow without water/juice but animal pak is like eating smarties to me!

As far as I know, performancesupplements can get you all the supplements you normally take. And chances are he will deliver next day. I got same day service from them. Really impressed and the pricing is good. Plus they can do COD for JHB customers.

BTW I met the sister of the main guy from the Animal Ads: Kyla Mcgrath. She is a fitness model. She is gonna be in the 2007 Flex/Muscle and Fitness calender. Theres a pic of her and a link for pics of her brother. Frank Mcgrath or Wrath

"Pics of Frank Mcgrath/Wrath"
NinjaTic

Post by NinjaTic »

It's interesting to find a body building thread on a computing forum!

I've been gyming for about 6-7years now, and have used many products. A word of advice to the guys starting out: I'd reccommend only starting taking suppliments only after about 3-4months, not only for the reasons previously mentioned, but also to make sure that you're fully dedicatd to the gym routine before using suppliments. I've had many friends that start gym together with taking suppliments, and then get bored with gym, and then they've wasted money (it gets pretty expensive), not to mention the guys that don't gym but take mass building supps - get really fat!

I'm only use USN products at the moment (Creatine HDS and Pure Protien), but after reaching my goal weight (90kgs) I decided it's time to stop trying to bulk and put on muscle, but time to start cutting. I've use Muscle Science products before, but their quality IMHO is below that of the international brands.
neon_chameleon wrote:

Im 22 next week and I cant commit to what Im going to eat for breakfast. I mean cereal is so boring but its quick, and eggs take forever to make and theres the toast to make sure you dont burn....
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Fcon_Vpro wrote:I think the M-Stak is only worth it when you are at a roadblock.
If you are still growing fine and not finding it difficult to put on muscle, then keep doing what you are doing. By taking M-stak when you arent at a roadblock, it will just ride along with your bodies current anabolism and your gains wont be significant as in the past.
But at the same time its always a good thing to change your supplements, so maybe try the M-stak for a cycle and see what it does for you.
Just remember that it enhances anabolism completely different to Green Bulge or NO-Explode.

I have not hit a raodblock. The reason I am looking for other suppliments is because I am just coming off juice!

I was on juice for 8 weeks . So I need a good supplement for the next 2 or three months that I can feel working!

I was thinking of BSN No-Xplode as I said . But if there is something better I want it!!
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Well from everything I've read the Animal Pump is very similar to BSN's No-Explode, in some cases rated even better, so I'll let you know my results with it, although that might be too late since you looking at something now...
Fcon_Vpro

Post by Fcon_Vpro »

Acidkidsa wrote:
Fcon_Vpro wrote:I think the M-Stak is only worth it when you are at a roadblock.

I have not hit a raodblock. The reason I am looking for other suppliments is because I am just coming off juice!

I was on juice for 8 weeks . So I need a good supplement for the next 2 or three months that I can feel working!

I was thinking of BSN No-Xplode as I said . But if there is something better I want it!!
Well the M-stak is similar to juice except that it stimulates everything indirectly instead of directly like juice.

So maybe M-stak would be good for you, cos it creates the same effect as juice except on a lower level.

I would love to try the Animal Pump. I think maybe once I finish all my creatine, im gonna give it a shot.
Fcon_Vpro

Post by Fcon_Vpro »

Actually I thought about it and I think you should maybe try the Stak2... AFAIK its stronger than the M-stak as the M-stak is more for natural bodybuilders and athletes. Whereas stak2 is for bodybuilders and serious strength athletes.

Check the Animal site and decide for yourself.
trapnal

Post by trapnal »

Acidkidsa wrote:So do you rate going for Universal Animal M-Stack would be worth well.
I still cant make up my mind what to buy. Cant get hold of Green Bulge or White Blood from Creative labs. And the BSN- NO-Expode is sold out where I normally buy.

So I am search and asking around for another option. Cant imaging taking Animal Pak and Universal Animal M-Stack . All those pills. Ouch!!!
Y cant you get Green Bulge?
\U tried performance supplements?
I ordered on the friday afternoon, monday morning was delivered... :)
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

trapnal wrote:
Acidkidsa wrote:So do you rate going for Universal Animal M-Stack would be worth well.

I thought that dischem might have it , because I want to compare prices. But the fella there told me they dont stock it. I am bit sketchy ordering online , but as someone said you can pay COD. I would love to rather go to their location. I would like to see what else they stock...

I will have another look at their site. But their page seems to have problems, some stuff does not load in IE...

I am going to read up some more about the M-stak some more and the Green bulge.

Did you order it ??? If so how is it going?

I take that back the site loaded fine this time round!!
trapnal

Post by trapnal »

Acidkidsa wrote:
trapnal wrote:

I thought that dischem might have it , because I want to compare prices. But the fella there told me they dont stock it. I am bit sketchy ordering online , but as someone said you can pay COD. I would love to rather go to their location. I would like to see what else they stock...

I will have another look at their site. But their page seems to have problems, some stuff does not load in IE...

Yeah... dischem dont have it,,, maby try the supplement store outside ur gym, or maby springbokpharmacy... (havent checked there)

I can vouch for performancesupplements - no worries bout not getting stuff or anything, they really good on response times, as well as delivery... although COD does give that extra piece of mind...

I ordered green bulge last friday late in the afternoon, got it this week first thing monday. Im only going to be starting it on monday though, cause im going away till then... from what i read its great though...!!
Also, it got 3rd place in the supplement awards 2006 - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/supplem ... inners.htm

its also the cheapest out of the top3, i was also told that one trainer that had been on it, said he felt that it worked more than his course of Deca did...
Creatine Product Of The Year - BSN CellMass
A new breed of Esterified Creatine has arrived! An Esterified Creatine unlike any other in existence. One so powerful and effective that it adds new meaning to mass, strength, muscularity, performance, and recovery!

* Winner 2nd year in a row!
[ Product Info ]

arrow 2nd & 3rd Runner Up

2. MuscleTech Cell Tech
3. Controlled Labs Green Bulge
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Brilliant!! I will be buying the BSN NO- Expode cause its creatine and Ntrix oxide. Rather take 2 in one.... Thanks for the link ... Have to show this to my brother!!! Thanks again!!
Fcon_Vpro

Post by Fcon_Vpro »

Acidkidsa wrote:
trapnal wrote:

The site doesnt work on Firefox at all. The thing is with performancesupplements is that they are a no frills service and basically their strong points are that they are cheap, offer free delivery in JHB and offer COD in JHB. The webpage comes second to that.

Trapnal and I have both bought from them and the service was incredible. I dont think they have a store where they keep stock, but I know you can pick up from them. Stephen is very accomodating. Speak to him. Just say you were referred by Rob(me) and Darren(Trapnal).

Read up on the Stak2 aswell. Like I said its stronger than the M-stak and would probably more for what you are looking for.
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Will do mate . Thanks alot for you help. My course of Sus and Tribolen finshes this week.. Last shotwas yesterday. If will look into Stak2 . Its its better than NO-Xplode I will buy it asap..