The sport of Bodybuilding

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Azgard wrote:Could anyone recommend any really good supplement that I could try? I haven't used many before so not really sure what works and what doesn't.

Looking to get a bit bigger after exams ;)
Ok here are the ones that work great.

BSN NO- Expode
http://www.bodybuilder.co.za/index.cfm? ... id=BSN_NOX

Controlled labs - Green Bugle
http://www.bodybuilder.co.za/index.cfm? ... ctid=CL_GB

Controlled Labs - White Blood http://www.bodybuilder.co.za/index.cfm? ... ctid=CL_WB

Animal Pack
http://www.bodybuilder.co.za/index.cfm? ... ctid=UN_AS

All of these are excellent supplements .

If you have the cash try the BSN - NO Explode. If not try one of the Controlled labs.

Best place to buy. I normally buy from Dichem .

Train hard and eat right and in a few months you will see results.

Good luck
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

I generally buy from Springbok Pharmacy, have found them cheaper than anywhere else and they deliver to my area for free.

Only problem with those supplements is that they are capsules, and I can't swallow pills/caps :(
HuNtingGoof

Post by HuNtingGoof »

Yikes -- u guys r like so serious into it...

Me just started like a month ago n me using muscle science's Anabolic and also the USN Multiplex stuff..

Only picked up 1.5 KG thou.. :(
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Azgard wrote:Thanks :) Those all look pretty good.

I generally buy from Springbok Pharmacy, have found them cheaper than anywhere else and they deliver to my area for free.

Only problem with those supplements is that they are capsules, and I can't swallow pills/caps :(
You get use to it. I was the same as you. Just dont think about it , just swallow with lank water.

If you got such a problem swallowing capsules , stay away from animal pack. http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?id=35

Its 11 pills. 4 are pretty big. I swallow a total of 15 pills before I train. 11 animal pack 2 Glutamine , 2 milk thistle . Yum yum
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Yea I noticed that, was actually interested in the mega anabolic stack from USN, it's about the same thing. But that also has so many pills to swallow.

I thought about crushing them up, did that we Phedra Cut a while ago but it tastes aweful :(
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Hhahaha. I tried crushing my Animal Pak once . I threw it in a blender and tried to make it into a drink. It did not work. It felt like a episode of Fear Factor when I tasted it..

I will never touch USN again. Their products are rubbish.. I know one or two of their products are ok.
But I rather search the net and look for the best rated international stuff. At least I know I will get results and my moneys worth.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Thanks for the warning. Seems crushing these kinda pills don't work too well.

Why do you say USN are rubbish though? I've never heard anything bad about them before.
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Azgard wrote:Thanks for the warning. Seems crushing these kinda pills don't work too well.

Why do you say USN are rubbish though? I've never heard anything bad about them before.
I have taken their creatine it did nothing. I have taken their Glutamine it did nothing. Tried their Phedra Cut . Did not not notice anything after a month.

Their protein shakes are ok. Search around on the forums alot of people dislike their products.

As soon as I went to BSN and Creative labs , I could feel it working right away. Maybe some suppliments work better on other people than others, I dont know but I know for sure USN was the biggest waste of money ever.

Cant compare it to international standards.

Other suppliments that beat them by far. EAS and Suppliment SA .
Better quality and results.

Search some forum sites. Alot of people hate USN.

http://www.forum.eas-sa.co.za/showthread.php?t=4838
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

I disagree, I've been using USN's HMB Creatine Complex for ages and it has been awesome.
MrAnarchy

Post by MrAnarchy »

Fcon_Vpro wrote: If you want to get bigger then EAT!!! Just keep eating and eating all day... junk food whatever!
Junk mood mainly consists of fat and uncomplex carbs which cannot be used and are turned into fat. How does that benfit u?
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

ryanrich wrote:I disagree, I've been using USN's HMB Creatine Complex for ages and it has been awesome.
Creatine is the only supplement that is scientifically proven to produce results. You should try X4. I have to say dude, since I started using that I have been able to recover a lot faster and my muscles can be pushed harder. I also tried Gaktech but it didn't do anything for me.

Lazarus - Shattered Halls

ek se hosh. dala kulids. ghle, ho! oom, atts! hoe lyk die kambotcha? gwallafest 2007
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Thanks man, I was looking at the new X4 Creatine, need to buy more supplements this weekend so will probably give that a try since you rate it highly!
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

ryanrich wrote:I disagree, I've been using USN's HMB Creatine Complex for ages and it has been awesome.
Try BSN NO-Xplode and get back to me.
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

ryanrich wrote:Thanks man, I was looking at the new X4 Creatine, need to buy more supplements this weekend so will probably give that a try since you rate it highly!
Yeah, its pretty cool... but dont take my word for that... my dad also recommends it, and at the age of 54 I rate he looks pretty smokin'!

ek se hosh. dala kulids. ghle, ho! oom, atts! hoe lyk die kambotcha? gwallafest 2007
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Gatsby wrote:
ryanrich wrote:Thanks man, I was looking at the new X4 Creatine, need to buy more supplements this weekend so will probably give that a try since you rate it highly!
Yeah, its pretty cool... but dont take my word for that... my dad also recommends it, and at the age of 54 I rate he looks pretty smokin'!

Damit man. Thats the first time I have seen a 54 year old with a six pack... Impressive for his age!!!!
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

Yeah dude, its actually blind for me, my dad is in better shape now than I am in the prime of my life.

ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Acidkidsa wrote:
Try BSN NO-Xplode and get back to me.
I'll give it a try, lemme do some research on it...

Been using HMB Complex for 4 or 5 years now with only good results though.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Acidkidsa wrote:Best place to buy. I normally buy from Dichem .
Dichem or Dischem? Average price of the BSN No-Xplode, R400?
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

ryanrich wrote:
Acidkidsa wrote:Best place to buy. I normally buy from Dichem .
Dichem or Dischem? Average price of the BSN No-Xplode, R400?
HAHA!!! I also get all my stuff from Dischem.

ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Yeah me too, was just checking if he meant Dischem of if there's another place called Dichem I'm not aware of... :lol:
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

hohohoho. Damit sorry . No no . I buy my stuff from Dis-Chem .

Yeah its 400 bucks. But its worth it.. As soon as I am finished all the other stuff I am old I will go buy some Bsn No-Xplode and Creative labs Green Bulge and a tin of Animal Pak.... I better start saving...
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

From Springbok Pharmacy it that BSN NO-Xplode 1.8lb goes for R420. Not sure how much it is at Dischem.

I just really like the place, have yet to find cheaper anywhere else.
SS4Vegeta

Post by SS4Vegeta »

Weaklings! :evil:
"I Live by my Strength Alone"
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

SS4Vegeta wrote:Weaklings! :evil:
WTF is that in aid of? :?
trapnal

Post by trapnal »

Acidkidsa wrote:
Azgard wrote:Thanks for the warning. Seems crushing these kinda pills don't work too well.

I have taken their creatine it did nothing. I have taken their Glutamine it did nothing. Tried their Phedra Cut . Did not not notice anything after a month.

Their protein shakes are ok. Search around on the forums alot of people dislike their products.

As soon as I went to BSN and Creative labs , I could feel it working right away. Maybe some suppliments work better on other people than others, I dont know but I know for sure USN was the biggest waste of money ever.

Cant compare it to international standards.

Other suppliments that beat them by far. EAS and Suppliment SA .
Better quality and results.

Search some forum sites. Alot of people hate USN.

http://www.forum.eas-sa.co.za/showthread.php?t=4838
USN is mostly *****.... wouldnt touch ANY of their protein or carb stuff...only stuff worth taking is the creatine/glutamine... i guess 99.9% creatine or whatever ratio it is is the same no matter who makes it... The protein supp/meal repl on the other hand use messed up sugars or something instead of the real thing, which is y its *****... not sure if thats changed now, but that was DEFINATELY the case 4/5 years back..

The X4 on the other hand is GREAT, im currently on it, and workin like a charm... Gaktech, no diff that ive noticed,,,they say immediate 10% boost in strength, but IMHO, its BS!!!

If you can afford it, go for EAS, Biogen, and the like, if you cant afford it, rather buy some eggs instead of USN for protein...

USN is mostly about marketing...