understanding the friend zone and how to get out

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Re: understanding the friend zone and how to get out

Post by Tribble »

But Siemens - that is playing games and it doesn't always work out well. Girls don't fall for every guy, just like guys don't fall for every girl. You only feel that way because you were already attracted to her. Pretending to put a girl that you like in the "friend zone" in the hope that it makes you more attractive may just lose her completely.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

Girls do it all the time. If you like a girl and dont want to end up her "bestesttest friend" then do it first.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

Is there anybody else with the same problem as me on this site?
"Because I don't say it...don't mean I ain't thinking it!"
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

-Prometheus- wrote:
Rajiv wrote:Is there anybody else with the same problem as me on this site?
Same - no
Similar - probably
+1. I have a hot friend who I wouldn't mind getting with...well I changed my mind when she turned out to be crazy and a playa of men.

If you don't want to get stuck in the friend zone, don't be a nice guy. And remember Good <> Nice.
Walking a girl to her car is good. Sucking up to a girl is nice.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

JollyJamma wrote: Walking a girl to her car is good. Sucking up to a girl is nice.
+1
There is a fine line between the two. Also a fine line between self confident and a jerk. Find the right balance and you're set.
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

The difference between arrogance and confidence is both comedy and their intentions.
Arrogance
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Alec Baldwin is still the same on 30Rock :D
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

A friend wants to know if a guy is flirting with her. I think he could be but as I am not a guy, thought I would put her situation to you and you could tell me your thoughts on the matter.

From what she says, they don't know each other well and have only talked a few times. They are now forced to interact for work a few times a week. He has been rather chatty lately. On Friday, as she was leaving the parking bay she noticed him standing outside the doors with the smokers.

He saw her and then indicated that she should stop. She stopped, with the engine idling. Opened the window and he asked her if she had seen all of BSG. She said that she had and they chatted about it for a while. He then told her how he cried in the end. She said that she had too. He then asked her if she had seen X series, she had. He asked if she had seen Y movie and she was not sure if she had. He then said that he had it and would give her a copy as it was brilliant. She said that she would love that and would bring a memory stick and get a copy. They then said goodbye and she drove off.

Now it does seem strange that he would stop her to discuss a tv series as she is leaving. Also the offering to lend her a movie seems strange. But what strikes me as strange is his desire to talk to her then and he wasn't put off by her engine idling or the possibility that other cars might want to get out.

Also - if he attends a meeting and she is there - he only greets her by name and just says hello to the others. He is head of the IT department but isn't her superior so there are no problems work wise. He is very helpful and rather than giving her instructions if she has to go somewhere in the building, he takes her there and doesn't stop talking.

Ok - should be enough info. What do you guys think? She is interested btw.
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

My feelings too - but what if he is just a friendly guy and glad to have found a female that likes Scifi?
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Tribble, is that person who you are talking about you? :):):)
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Tribble wrote:My feelings too - but what if he is just a friendly guy and glad to have found a female that likes Scifi?
Scifi ? That ain't no female, it's a trap. ! :)

I have met a few women who like scifi, preferably with some sort of a love triangle attached, and Bob's your uncle.... :D
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Siemens wrote:Tribble, is that person who you are talking about you? :):):)
Bwahahahahahaha I wish. Come on - how could it be?

Naah but she does like scifi (some of my female friends actually do you know - and they are in IT related fields)

@Wiz - no it is not a trap. I can introduce you if you like.
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 02:22, edited 1 time in total.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

-Prometheus- wrote:
I hope not
Yeah - that would be wrong.
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

@Wiz - no it is not a trap. I can introduce you if you like.
Sounds like a plan, does she decapitate guys before or after the movie, just so that I know if I have to bring movie with..... :wink: :P
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Bwahahahahaha we have not found the bodies yet so I really don't know. Bring one just in case.

Now guys - what should she do? Just continue as she is - or make it obvious that she likes him? She is not willing to tell him - she is too shy.
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Bwahahahahaha we have not found the bodies yet so I really don't know. Bring one just in case.
Well setup a date then :)
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Will chat to her on Monday.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Tribble wrote:
-Prometheus- wrote:
I hope not
Yeah - that would be wrong.
You're the only Female I know who knows what BSG is. And the way you're acting now :lol:
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Oh come on - Salome (I am sure you have heard of her) loves BSG, StarTrek, etc. She doesn't like Torchwood though (she is uncomfortable with bisexuality) lol - can give you her number if you like ....... but she is too old for you (she is my age) so don't hit on her.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

No thats okay, however if you know any sci fi fans my age female. PLease get her number as prove :)
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Tribble wrote:Will chat to her on Monday.
Deal ! :)
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

I've had this discussion before with certain forumites. So without all the nuclear fallout I'll try repeat it in simple terms. If she likes him she should tell him.