Inter-racial Relationships - your views?

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

rustypup wrote:i thought so...

although, this one was much more fun to read... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Great memory you have there Rusty! Like you said, it is a culture thing, not many happy relationships between Protestant and Catholic Northern Irish either!
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

I knew DJV had another thread like that.
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Aha.... so i did make a thread like this.

My bad then ;)
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Law in old thread wrote:as long as the chick is hot who cares :p
Law in new thread wrote:simply put if she's Hot. good form and high fives
very consistent :lol:

@lancelot :P they're irish.... don't expect rocket science
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

I just read the other thread again. Man that was an awesome discussion :D
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

DoOb wrote:At my new Firm we have this black receptionist. NOW TALK ABOUT A white lady in African skin. I will look up to people like her becoz she speaks English so well
My translation of that statement is... she sounds like one of us!

I totally hate small minded people (of any race) who choose to put people the same box they're in. Because they almost sound like them.
In high school, there was a friend of mine (black) who spoke perfect Afrikaans, all the white teachers loved him becuase he could also fake the Afrikaans accent. k@k!!
zerubabel wrote: :|
Just cause they might have trouble pronouncing in a language that isn't their 1st language, they are scum?
You, sir, are a rascist!
My point exactly!

Now, time for my 10cents!!

Being the only other black dude up in this, I would like to make mention the fact that most of my black friends would absolutely love to get into a relationship with a white/coloured/indian/asian/whatever-ian girl.
Because...
In my case. I wouldn't mind going out with a girl from another race. Long as we're comfortable with each other, and not give a damn if other people don't "approve" of a mixed relationship. Because at the end of the day, they are not the ones in this. It's all up to the two of us.

I often see how white people @ Menlyn, Brooklyn and most other big malls, jeer ata mixed couple. Especially if it's a black guy with a chick from another race. They look at them like there's something abnormal about the situation. Like they've betrayed their fellow whites.

But then sometimes I do the same coz I find that some of my black brothers, just go for the skin colour and not pay much attention to the girls appearance. There're some seriously unattractive white girls out there. As much as there are some hedious black sistaz. Its all about preference at the end of the day.

For me, it doesn't really matte what race you are. I've met some cool white/indian/coloured people (guys) in my life. And I've asked one of my white friends what the reaction would be like if he were to date a black chick (coz he was interested in my black co-worker) and he said to him, it doesn't matter what race a girl is. The problem however would be his white friends. That they would look at him differently, that they would approove.

Personally, I haven't dated outside the black race. I would looove to hook up with a girl from a different race. Just that the opportunity hasn't presented itself yet. 8)

However while I was in CT, I met some sexxxy coloured mixed girls, but I wasn't gonna be there long so it would've been a waste of time. If I were to move to CT however, I would be telling a different story altogether! :wink:

My 2 cents is free!

Paper!
8)
/. Image /. Image /. Image /. Image /.
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

I can’t say that I have a problem with inter-racial relationships, and working in Africa (outside of SA) for the past 5 years has opened my eyes a lot. The biggest challenge would be culture and religion, which is the reason I would not generally pursue an inter-racial relationship. Yes I’ve met a couple of interesting girls, but in the end moving around didn’t really facilitate a relationship. One thing I realized more and more is the fact that most of these people I meet outside South Africa (a lot of them on fellowships or NGO’s from the States or UK) label all Afrikaans speaking South Africans as racists. Needless to say it saddened me, but I can’t really comment and I’m not in the position to comment. Only thing I could do was to try proving them wrong.

Well about 4 months ago I met a Mozambican woman, white, but still from Mozambique. She went to school in the states and studied abroad, but still has the same Mozambican flair. Needless to say that I’m picking up on my Portuguese again.

Yup there are some differences, biggest would be the fact that I believe in GOD and she’s agnostic. I don’t judge her, and she doesn’t judge me, but we do enjoy a nice constructive debate every now and then.

Then there’s the time thing….man oh man. Now most of us know African time….well I tell you Mozambique falls off the map together with Angola when it comes to things happening “ON” time. I’ve been taught to make sure you always a few minutes early…no matter what the occasion. Quickly I was shown that you sometimes need to be “appropriately” late, and I don’t mean the few minutes late us South African’s are so used to, I mean an hour or so. In the end we learn to accommodate each other to the point where both of us improve ourselves, and ultimately strengthen the relationship.

Funny thing is that she knows more about South African history then I do which adds even more spice to our discussions. Now this girl doesn’t stand back, and she’s quick to say what’s on her mind. I love the fact that I know exactly where I stand with this her….a perfect example of what you see is what you get. She taught me a lot things, most of all being more open minded.

In the end I know she’s maybe not black, but we do have similar differences.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

Being the only other black dude up in this,
Other ?
Who is the other...
LOL - look @ my avvie man, I AM TEH SIGNIFICANT OTHER
Temporary Absence
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

Anthropoid wrote:
Being the only other black dude up in this,
Other ?
Who is the other...
LOL - look @ my avvie man, I AM TEH SIGNIFICANT OTHER
lol

Well, I only know of skunkymunky as the other!!

:lol:

I've come to the conclusion that, the only reason I haven't dated outside my race is because of a simple thing called opportunity. Basically the opportunity hasn't presented itself in a way that I can actually approach a girl of any other race (esp. white)and start a conversation with to a point where I end up asking her out.
Not that I don't get out much, but I just can't imagine being rejected smply because I izn't white (in the case of approaching a white chick). I see a lot of girls (white, coloured etc.) at malls and stuff, just have't come up with a strategic way to converse and move on to bigger things.
However, if you know any open-minded white/Indian girls. feel free to PM me (j/k)
:wink:

I do have some coloured female friends, the only thing is that they either have fugly friends or they hang around black girls.
Last edited by PaperCut on 28 May 2007, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
Nomadic2Duo

Post by Nomadic2Duo »

Not that I don't get out much, but I just can't imagine being rejected smply because I izn't white (in the case of approaching a black chick). I see a lot of girls (white, coloured etc.) at malls and stuff, just have't come up with a strategic way to converse and move on to bigger things.
I think a lot of us feel the same way you do. Rejection is probably our biggest fear.
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

Nomadic2Duo wrote:
Not that I don't get out much, but I just can't imagine being rejected smply because I izn't white (in the case of approaching a white chick). I see a lot of girls (white, coloured etc.) at malls and stuff, just have't come up with a strategic way to converse and move on to bigger things.
I think a lot of us feel the same way you do. Rejection is probably our biggest fear.
It's not just rejection bru, it's rejection because of the colour of your skin.

The other thing about white chicks, you can never really tell how old they really are. You might think she's 21 only to find out she's just 17 or something like that. Plus I think young "dateable" white girls are intimidated/scared of black guys. I think it's because of the way they've always seen black people as a whole. My opinion...
I don't know, I could be wrong. :roll:

Oh, just remembered. The closest I've come to dating outside my race, was this half-Greek, half-black girl. But she was more black though, cos she was raised the black way if you will...
She was more black than Greek anyway. I didn't even know she was half-Greek till she told me herself. After she had told me her surname...

so yah!
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Wow DoOb, i'm finding some new views about you. Sheesh.

You're a racist because of how black people are making stupid decisions and driving SA into nothingness. So you hate ALL black people because of what a few of them are doing.

So what if a white guy was to kill your mom. Would you even CONSIDER hating white people because one white guy killed your mum? No. You wouldn't.

I don't agree with your motives at ALL and it shows some serious weakness in your character dude. Really really.
No I DONT HATE ALL BLACKS, 2nd if a white guy were to kill my mom i would get out the car if i could and kick the sh*t out of him. You people dont know me, but i dont take crap from people.

And Yea i know you didnt expect this from me, but i dont hate black white couloured indeian etc etc. Just like everyone else you get the tosser somewhere sometime etc that will just piss me off. coz of their bad decisions. SO NO I DONT HATE ALL RACES only the selected ones.

SoulBlade: You know if i do and i know i do have different rqace family members i am cool with it. But In my opinion and my heart its not right. If I had a firend that was going out with a couloured etc, i am not going to now not be his friend becoz of that. I will accept his decision.
Mikdog wrote:
GrimStoner wrote:I think culture is a bigger influence than race or religion when choosing a mate. For jews it's another story however.
How so? Not being facetious, I really wanna know.

Stop being racist on D00b! Live and let live! It's a rainbow nation, people, and that includes tolerating racists. Can't believe I'm sticking up for D00b here. He's a chop.
Hey your decision man, I really dont care. You would say Doomextreme is a Chop but we all make mistakes, or just want people to hear what we have to say. (good or bad) I live in a poliical family my dad being a DA Councillor. So yea.

People these days stivk to themselves because they are scared, You think i am scare what you guys sayabout me. I will just let it pass over my shoulder.

I will tell you a lil story, we have the scum of the earth living across the road from us. Indian people, all we wanted them to is play with their dog love their dog etc, that dog has gone throught such bad weather it stays outside in a lil courtyard that like not even 10metres.

You wanna know why i am racists yet another case is them. Most filth of mouths the kids swear at me the mother almost rode me over whn i was cycling home one day from the beach. She actually accelarated up behind me, I have be harrased by them for about 4 years SO DONT tell me just coz i am racists that i must be quiet about it. I have been to the police for a statement and i am actually going to get a restaining order against those personna engrater people, Will have nothing to do with them ever again.

So if you have had this type of torment then tell me, then you will realise why i am a racist to odd race people.

Hope people accept this and move on from what i have said, You have no idea what its like living next to people like these.

Oh ya and if anyne else wants to Chirp me freak go ahead, I really dont cxare if you guys give me a bad name i will still post here, and i i have to buy something from you i will cos thats ur opinion :x :evil:
MongwopMan

Post by MongwopMan »

I dont have any problems with inter racial relations, infact my best mate that i live with, he is now a dad, and he is together with a coloured girl.
His folks were'nt too happy about it but that because they are duk Transvaal Afrikaans mense, but they got over it!

After all it is up the person involved and people should'nt jusge other's based solely on the colur of their skin!
you find me offensive........I find YOU offensive for finding me offensive!!

Sometimes I go about in pity for myself, and all the while a great wind is bearing me across the sky! - Famous Ojibwa Saying

Evolved!
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

DoOb wrote:No I DONT HATE ALL BLACKS,...
Ja hey, they're not a bad rugby team. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

Hman wrote:
DoOb wrote:No I DONT HATE ALL BLACKS,...
Ja hey, they're not a bad rugby team. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :bigups: :lol:
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

I have stated my opinion in the other thread, but here we go again:

I personally would not get myself involved into a interracial relationship, due to massive differences in culture and ways of life. The chances are also very high that there is a difference in religion...

I will however not condemn my friends for being in one, even if I am not ecstatic about it...

Its my personal opinion and I stick to it...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
maestro_za

Post by maestro_za »

I've given the inter-racial relationship thang a go in the past. It was alright!

I'm currently dating a half-coloured/half-german girl and its also cool (for sake of clarity I'm a bruin ou).

With the amount of prejudice that still exists in SA, its still an issue dating across the colour-line. I still say go for it. Its a wonderful way of learning first-hand how it is on the "other side". It broadens your life experience if you will.

But each to his own :!: If you want 2 play it safe and stay within your own ethnicity, good for you. Who is to judge a person's personal preference?

L8r
Owner @ Quick Flow IT
Xbox 360 Services

PC: In need of an upgrade :)
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

I wouldn't mind being in a relationship with a white chick. It would be very interesting to see how black & white really get along.

Plus I think white people do things a lot differently to blacks when it comes to dating. I'd like to experience that...

Do you perhaps know of someone?? :wink: :P :wink: 8)
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

I'm not going to chirp Do0b.
It sounds like you have issues with the neighbours. And others residents in the area as well. And it seems like they have just as much of a problem with you as you with them.
Hence the mom wanting to run you over.

Question.
Is this an isolated case? Or does all Indians, where ever you go, wants a piece of you?

Also your logic don't make sense. Hate all Indians because of wacko Indian neighbours? Then the ANC doing what they do seems perfectly justified...
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

PaperCut wrote:Do you perhaps know of someone?? :wink: :P :wink: 8)
anyone... :lookround:
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

You sound desperate dude.
maestro_za

Post by maestro_za »

SoulBlade wrote:You sound desperate dude.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8)
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

I'm not, bru! It's for a good cause...

Since there isn't anyone dating outside the "colour-line", I might as well take one for the team. All in the name of research.

8)
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Well then go and search, re: a girl!
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

PaperCut wrote:
I'm not, bru! It's for a good cause...

Since there isn't anyone dating outside the "colour-line", I might as well take one for the team. All in the name of research.

8)
Good excuse. I want to date an indian, black and jap girl.