How would you know if a girl is into you ???

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Re: How would you know if a girl is into you ???

Post by KatrynKat »

jee is busy teasing her hair like a Benoni doll for our trip to the mall..... but she says you guys must come visit, if you can teach any guy with good hardware... skillz about the mentality of woman (note, not girls)

... however she failed with Katie :twisted:
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

I can do the understanding, supportive, caring, advice thing pretty well I think. However, the minute the friendship has the potential of turning into something more, depending on who initializes it, I turn into anything from a severely awkward buffoon (even worse than you might imagine) to a closed off android and various mixes in between. I sometimes look back at the way I acted and can't help but laugh at myself for being such an idiot. Seriously, you have no idea!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
GDI_Lord
Forum Administrator

Post by GDI_Lord »

Great! So are we still on for coffee on the 2nd then? I think that you need a second opinion on that Kat. ;-)

BTW - where are you girls? :-)
Important Thread: Yours in Christ's service,
jee

Post by jee »

GDI_Lord wrote:Great! So are we still on for coffee on the 2nd then? I think that you need a second opinion on that Kat. ;-)

BTW - where are you girls? :-)

coffee it is... we are in KZN - i will be in the Maritzburg area and she somewhere along the South Coast :)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
GDI_Lord
Forum Administrator

Post by GDI_Lord »

Cool. I'll meet you... Ah.

Are you holidaying in PMB and the South Coast or do you live there? I'm up in Joburg.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

she lives in that area..... and father lives on the South Coast of KZN...
i'm holidaying in KZN at the moment..... :D

and this thread has now gone off topic!! no more....
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Tell me - what is more important for a guy. A meaningful, long-lasting relationship - or someone to have fun with (short term)?
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Depends on the guy - I fall into the first category, but I know of plenty who fall into the second.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

And would you go into a long-term relationship, even if you suspected that she was not the one you would marry one day?

I have heard many guys say - "I like her but I wouldn't marry her". Yet they have dated for years.
GDI_Lord
Forum Administrator

Post by GDI_Lord »

It depends on the guy. I, for one, want a meaningful overni long-term relationship.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

it's not just the guys but it is also important for girls too..... i fall into the first category... :)
jee

Post by jee »

i must admit, at my age, the meaningful friends-with-benefits are more attractive....
once bitten twice shy takes on a new meaning. :(
But you do know that every hello ends in good bye?
I believe one must make the most of the time together... you never know when that good bye can stick out its ugly head... be it in the form of another person, a bus or illness, or just falling out of liking (which happens)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
GDI_Lord
Forum Administrator

Post by GDI_Lord »

Tribble wrote:And would you go into a long-term relationship, even if you suspected that she was not the one you would marry one day?

I have heard many guys say - "I like her but I wouldn't marry her". Yet they have dated for years.
I was stupid and did that. It ended up with both of us getting quite badly hurt.
Last edited by GDI_Lord on 29 Dec 2010, 08:47, edited 1 time in total.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

GDI_Lord wrote:It depends on the guy. I, for one, want a meaningful overni long-term relationship.
Bwahahahahaha. Some truth coming out there? ;-) I guess that if you cannot have the one you want - the other would not be terrible.

@KK - yes I know. Many girls do want to settle down with an awesome guy.

I guess I was lucky - life just kinda happened to me. I wasn't looking (for any sort of relationship). I had never planned to get married or have kids - I was too busy having fun living. Love has the habit of kinda sneaking up on you when you least expect it.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

GDI_Lord wrote:I was stupid and did that. It ended up with both of us getting quite badly hurt.
Problem with the benefits things is one person always seems to get more emotionally involved than they should. (Second hand knowledge - not personal experience speaking).
jee

Post by jee »

Actually, it can work... but then the two have to be like peas in a pod :)
It depends on what people want from a relationship... For the Kitten I would not want something like that... she is too innocent and will be hurt... for me? hmmm where is that online dating site again *wicked grin*
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I can see how that would appeal to you jee :D But I am sure you know people who suite that requirement already ;-) Dunno - I find relationships too exhausting. People are way too complicated.

Oh I may be in Durbs again soon - Feb I think. If they give me a car I will pop in for a glass of wine.
GDI_Lord
Forum Administrator

Post by GDI_Lord »

No, not a Freudian slip, just a way to get people to cheer up. :-)
Tribble wrote:Problem with the benefits things is one person always seems to get more emotionally involved than they should.
It wasn't a benefits thing at all, it was a friendship that turned into a much bigger thing. There was, however, a nagging doubt in the back of my mind that I ignored. I tried my best to convince myself that it was wrong. It wasn't.
jee

Post by jee »

The problem with a true friendship that grows into a romp in the hay..... the friendship is ruined. Totally. No going back
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

It is hard when things are not meant to be. One then seems to drag the relationship on for longer than they should - hoping to avoid hurting the other person.

Your instinct was right - next relationship you should listen to it. But just know that some relationships have a shelf life - they expire. You need to gain what you can from them and then prepare yourself for the next one. They all have something to teach us. Don't close yourself off from hurt - you will miss out on so much good.
jee

Post by jee »

Tribble wrote: Don't close yourself off from hurt - you will miss out on so much good.
Yes Mother

*grins*

looking forward to that wine... :twisted:
jee

Post by jee »

Dizzy, I'm so Dizzy
my head is spinning
like a whirlpool
that never ends
and its you boy
making it spin
you're making me dizzy

Bedroom eyes....
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Tribble wrote:Tell me - what is more important for a guy. A meaningful, long-lasting relationship - or someone to have fun with (short term)?
Hybrid. Someone with home I can enjoy a long-term friendship based around what we enjoy doing [ie fun] on the understanding that marriage and children are
out of the question.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
jee

Post by jee »

oh yeah Calo... no more marraige and children for me... :)

* grand children... now thats another story ... *
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

@Birdie - agreed - now that is the ideal sort of relationship.