Elfen Lied

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

/ Zell relax man, I was **** with you, I'm sure you well know it.

I have said this already, I don't care about your or anyone else's interpretation of the ending. All I care about is the fact that you appreciated Elfen Lied for what it is, an exceptional anime.

There's no need to argue here. I am speaking my mind, not forcing my view.

Let's not spoil this thread. /

Anyways, yes, for now I'll go with what I said about the girl in the apartment. I'll give you that.

But tell me though, why is it so unlikely for her to be alive after losing her second horn? After her 1st horn was forcibly broken off she was healed within minutes, if that much, and like I said already, she was pretty badly hurt.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Dude, I was kidding about you guys needing to take my ghost seriously!!! I know you were kidding!!! :lol:

I didn't mean that because she lost her second horn, she wouldn't be able to live.
I just meant, that how likely is it that they would shoot her other horn off, out of all the places they could?
It hurt her like hell the first time, and I am sure she would want to protect that part.

Anyways, if she died, she would have shed her diclonus inside her... her soul was still huiman, and if she came back, it would be in human form.... without her horns, cause the horns were the effect of her having the diclonus inside.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

Ok so as Rayne said, let's not try and spoil this thread... So, to leave it at each of us having our own opinion, here is mine:

I for one had also thought Lucy died at the end... The bowl that was placed for her I think was a gesture of the family that she would always be in their hearts/thoughts... As for 'the appearance', to me it was also more of a symbol that she would be with Kouta, @Kher-za since he was the one that briefly saw 'it'...

I fully agree with Rayne that she could have survived and so, this is only my opinion...
I am also glad that we could have such an indepth discussion, although at times it seemed like we got a bit agitated at each other not agreeing... Maybe we will come across another one like this and we can have another nice indepth discussion...
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

I dont think the shadow was only in his mind, the dog saw it too. The dog was also happy to see it, thus its a person he knew. Kouta was on his way to open the door for who ever was there, so he didnt only saw it for a second.

Bouldnt it be that Nana saw Lucy after the fight, knowing that she's alive she laid the place for her, knowing that she will come back? Remember she wasnt at home yet when the people started shooting at Lucy.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Good points by all of you. A few things made me think so that must be a good thing.

Now just to add from my side - If Lucy was coming back, why did she not knock?

I think she just wanted to let him know she's ok.

Also, Nana didn't sense her presence. Which is why I conclude, should she be alive, losing both her horns neutralized her telekenetic ability (2x horns = 4x vectors, 1x horn = 2x vectors, 0x horns = 0x vectors), hence she should now be left very much human.

You are correct Zell. Lucy's horns are to blame for her hardships in life, she said that herself. I recall that scene at her puppies grave where she tried to pull them out only to be interrupted by Kouta who dropped his musicbox.

So, I don't think she had any vectors left after losing both horns.

Anyway, what we should all remember is, once one sits down to watch this show again with a pen and notebook in hand in quest to disect the plot, only disappointment will be found. I myself wanted to do this now but nah I'm not going to. Thing is, when you look at something so closely, you are bound to find flaws, and Elfen Lied guys, is not flawless. Personally, I don't want to do that to this series.

IMO, this anime is unique just by being what it is. It achivied what I believe it set out to do. We shouldn't care whether or not a few things make sense or not. Most people whom watched this felt touched by it. In my book, that's enough.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

I agree Rayne... My quest to watch it again would have only led to find that I was either more correct or you guys were... That I don't want...

The fact that we could discuss it like this is already enough... We might just end up each time asking another question or saying something, that makes others think...

And to that, I think we must close the book on Elfen... It was definitely a gr8 series and I will watch it again, just not soon since I will only end up looking more to answer these questions than just watching to enjoy it...
hexXie

Post by hexXie »

I watched it for the first time this weekend... wow...
Everyday, I browse the forums just to make sure that there still are people more pathetic than me.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Yeh, I totally agree with you Rayne...
I guess I will wait a while before watching it again in that case.

It was fun discussing with you okes though. :)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Seems like a good thing I accidentaly deleted my av and sig with my imageshack pics...

What the hell am I gonna use now? Too many Elfen's these days...

Yo hexXie : Weren't you part of the anti-anime gang? I'm sure I remember you saying you'll never watch anime. Bhahahaha...
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Haha ja almal is skielik Elfen Lied betoeterd :lol: Its seems I started something good when ive send it to Rayne.

How about Eva or Hellsing?

Welcome to the world of anime Hexxie. Now dont forget to watch the rest. Elfen is a good start.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Lets talk about Eva. Hellsing doesn't require any thought.

As a close, in loving memory of -

ImageImage

See, what did I tell yous, Lucy lives, forever! -

Hehee...
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Now I have it. How about an "Invasion of the Boobie snacters" avvie :lol: :twisted:

Lets talk eva in the eva thread. Bout I cant remember the detail anymore, bit long since Ive seen it.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Rayne wrote: Yo hexXie : Weren't you part of the anti-anime gang? I'm sure I remember you saying you'll never watch anime. Bhahahaha...
ROFL he sure was... I got into some serious fights with him last year concerning his stubbornness... he even graffitied an anti anime slogan on a desk at varsity!
Now he loves it...I've converted him.

Hey Eva... thats some serious **** right there... I will only watch in in June though when it can't mess with my studies.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Zell nice going mate!

Elfen Lied is quite an ice-breaker. I think he's ready for some hardcore hentai now!

@ Nuke : I don't know what to make next, still thinking... Ask something about Eva or else we can talk shute about another show.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

*sniff sniff* Noone has even noticed Rider in my siggie... *sniff sniff*

Oh wait, I don't even know if that is Rider...
hexXie

Post by hexXie »

Rayne wrote:Yo hexXie : Weren't you part of the anti-anime gang? I'm sure I remember you saying you'll never watch anime. Bhahahaha...
hehe... i was... but those days are distant :lol:

and i've watched goldenboy before ElfenLied (kekeke) and busy with bleach atm... i was converted by Zell!

EDIT: WOW, didnt even read Zell's previous post...
Everyday, I browse the forums just to make sure that there still are people more pathetic than me.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

May your conversion be a successful one... May you be the bearer of many a good anime and may the offspring born from Elfen Lied and Golden Boy only be prosperous...

@Nuke I seriously need to get my hands on that "Invasion"... *preps the paper towels*
hexXie

Post by hexXie »

thanks for visionary reply, Out-the-Cart, off-the-chart... keke
:wink:

may your future days of prosperous visionarianism be fullfilled to the end of the lustrous sunset.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Rayne wrote:Zell nice going mate!

Elfen Lied is quite an ice-breaker. I think he's ready for some hardcore hentai now!
ROFL!!! Hmm, I deleted all my hentai... I'll just have to wait till I see Jamin in june. :D

Rayne, have you seen DearS? OTC liked it, and I'm almost done with it... so we could discuss this... or maybe Trigun? Trigun is discussing material, but i've forgotten the whole story by now.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

Ok so I started Gungrave last night, and it made me wonder bout something... What if Elfen was similair to it? Well how story is told that is... Who of you guys have seen Gungrave? Before I start saying things bout the story...

Don't want to spoil that series for those who haven't...
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

i have seen it, but i'm not getting at what you mean. the first episode takes place many years in the future from the main storyline, then from the next episode the main storyline falls into place and builds up towards that episode.

but please continue, i love talking about gungrave.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

Hehehe... Well I first wanted to know who have seen it so that I do not spoil anything...
But, as you already mentioned it, I will conmtinue...
Ok so about Elfen, say it was like Gungrave in the following sense:
It starts us off maybe on the bridge, close to the end of "original" Elfen... Then, flashes back like in Gungrave, and starts telling us the story bout Lucy and Kouta when they were young, and bout Lucy's life after the train scene... How she ends up in that institute and how Kouta grows up... And they don't tell us anything bout how the 2 meet up again...

I hope I am making sense in my explanation... In other words, they leave out the whole meeting Mayu and Nana and everything else in between and only skip to the bridge scene... I wonder how that would have made us interpret things?

Prob stupid thing to think about but was just wondering...
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

oh you mean changing the storyline to mimic gungraves? Thats quite a good idea OTC, i like stories that move around to different times and places, it creates a sense of intrigue, especailly when you see something radical happening in the future then jump back to the present where everything seems normal.

I can imagine that Koutas life would be pretty boring after the train incident, i'd be far more interested to learn what happened to Lucy afterwards, although the OVA did fill in quite a bit on how she was captured.

What i liked about Gungrave was that it didnt start off being very unrealistic.
Reticulated

Post by Reticulated »

Elfen Lied is just awesome!

Just finished it this weekend
Jane

Post by Jane »

Love, love, looooooovvvvvvvveeeee the theme song: Lilium by Voke. Nowhere in series could I find the entire song being played without any dialogue in between. So I cut a bit here and a bit there and stitched the lot together and voila! My new ringtone! :D