Subaru Forester or Subaru Outback

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
dammod

Subaru Forester or Subaru Outback

Post by dammod »

Hi,
My Dad said we will be getting a new Subaru but he does not know what to get, the Forester turbo or the Outback.

We have a 1999 Forester (none turbo) at the moment with 120000K's on the clock that has seved us very well.

Please help us in this decision. (I like the forester Turbo because it does 0-100 in 6.9sec :twisted: )

Thanks
dammod
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Ditch the boring old Forrester and Outbacks and get an Impreza WRX STi :twisted:
dammod

Post by dammod »

I have been in the STI and lets just say it is not exactly a family car, unfortunatly :(
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

i just saw the new outback this mornin, and it looks pretty good actually.

But i'd def go for the forester, the turbo is a fantastic car. One of my friends has bought one recently and its really top notch. Excellant build quality and damn fast.
Its much bigger than the older ones, especially the boot which is superbly well designed indeed.

I'd go for the forester.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Subaru!!!!

Ok, the new outback is fantastic but it depends what you going to do with it. Both have all wheel drive perfect for any weather you may encounter, but the Forester has significantly higher ground-clearance for doing a more 4x4-ish sort of route.

My dad has recently bought the Subaru Forester 2.5XT, that's the turbo version. It's the fastest SUV on the planet. 0 to a hundred in 5.9 seconds. Chews petrol a lot though, just warning you. Only when using the turbo. The turbo is always engaged, but only kicks in after 4000 rpm.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams