Old PCF Mags

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
markman

Old PCF Mags

Post by markman »

Hey all,

I searched but didn't find anything so here goes...

the thing is I've got a quite a few copies of PCFormat magazine that I'd like to see go to a good home.

I'm in Cape Town but that's not an issue at all.

It would kill me to dump them.

Cheers,

m
halo

Post by halo »

Hmm, im in the same boat as you... Ive got every PCF since Aug 2000... That's a lot of magazines... and now that I think about it, that's a lot of money spent :|

Anyway, I was thinking of taking down to a church near my house... Maybe the can sell them and make a few rands off them... Hell, i'll probably be the one buying them after i realise that collecting these magazines has become a bit of a hobby... :|
Ike

Post by Ike »

halo wrote:Hmm, im in the same boat as you... Ive got every PCF since Aug 2000... That's a lot of magazines... and now that I think about it, that's a lot of money spent :|

Anyway, I was thinking of taking down to a church near my house... Maybe the can sell them and make a few rands off them... Hell, i'll probably be the one buying them after i realise that collecting these magazines has become a bit of a hobby... :|
PCF is very thankful. :lol:

You can always donate them to your library. If the magazines are in good condition they should take them off your hands :D
halo

Post by halo »

well, mine are in Mint condition, so ill drop by my local library soon but i would prefer giving it to the church and see if they can make money off them...
Ike

Post by Ike »

It's all up to you, you can also split them 50/50 etc... ;)

(better idea, donate all of the mags to the church. buy them again, donate them to the library, ????? , profit! )
Prime

Post by Prime »

Ya but they'll probably get destroyed and damaged in the end if they end up at the library. People are very careless with books and magazines that don't belong to them :evil:

Besides, The libraries are incredibly stupid sometimes. I don't know about the rest of SA but the ones in Joburg are full of nonsense. My mom found the rosebank one throwing out books a few years ago so she asked them why they didn't just sell them. (they had torn off all the covers and dumped the books outside :evil: )

their excuse was that they can't take donations or do their own fundrasing and that they get money for new books and that the books they threw out were old. :roll: I've never heard such a load of rubbish in all my life. (sorry, i know this is going off topic, but there was a point to this, i just wish i knew what it was now :oops: )
Ike

Post by Ike »

that's madness... it's not like we have an oversupply of books to libraries in our country... :?
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I have loads of SciFi magazines as well as computer ones. I have dumped loads already as the PC mags are old tech so not much interest to most people. SciFi still has interest. I have Dreamwatch etc.
halo

Post by halo »

Tribble wrote:I have loads of SciFi magazines as well as computer ones. I have dumped loads already as the PC mags are old tech so not much interest to most people. SciFi still has interest. I have Dreamwatch etc.
im not too sure about Pc magazines getting out of date... I rather enjoy paging through a magazine from three years back and laugh at some of the outrages things people have stand about the advance we would see.

i remember a few years back, PCF had an article about breaking the 1 Ghz mark... was so funny reading about all the possible hardware limitations and what nots...
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I guess they could be. You can have mine if you like :lol:
halo

Post by halo »

Thanx for the offer Tribs, but i think im happy with my 92 copies of PCF... I went through them last night and my lord there are alot of them... Lets not forget the cover disks that ive been keeping.... i think i need a girl friend :\
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Lol - we also have old Video and DVD mags. Tons if I remember correctly.
psYChowIt

Post by psYChowIt »

I recently had to get rid of all my speed and sound magazines (brought a tear to my eye! Was about 40 mags)
ANYWAY! Point is, we took them to a rehab clinic where allot of the boys and/or men like cars allot and they wouldn't care about the issues being outdated etc.
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

Same situation, my first issue was the one with NERF Arena in and the one after that with NFS: Porsche Unleashed. I really wish PCF would put a scanned copy of the old mags, starting from the first month, on the disc, a few at atime, thereby allowing me to part with mine while still having them available.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
skunkymunky
Permanently Banned

Post by skunkymunky »

halo wrote:Thanx for the offer Tribs, but i think im happy with my 92 copies of PCF... I went through them last night and my lord there are alot of them... Lets not forget the cover disks that ive been keeping.... i think i need a girl friend :\
YES u need a girl, and i''l take the mags of ur hands
mine got destroyed by an in-house flood 2 yrs ago
Fool people into thinking youve got a horse by taking off a unicorns horn
markman

Re: Old PCF Mags

Post by markman »

I've finally tidied up and have a box of PCFormat/dat udder one mags.

If anyone is interested PM me.

I'm in Cape Town.

Cheers,

M
markman

Re: Old PCF Mags

Post by markman »

*BUMP*