Is the Wachowski Brothers doing "Ninja Scroll" ?!

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Is the Wachowski Brothers doing "Ninja Scroll" ?!

Post by larch »

It was in the mid 90’s when Anime was just coming into it’s own across the world, that MTV’s Liquid Television ran video clips from a then very obscure Anime titled called “Ninja Scroll.” MTV used these clips as the intro and outro to their animation shows, which were ridiculously popular back in the day. It lead to bootlegged copies of Ninja Scroll being sold in the millions, then to an official release which sold millions of copies world wide making it one of the most popular movies next to Akira and Ghost In The Shell.

Well, rumor has it that the Wachowski brothers are working on a live action version of the classic Anime. They’re referring to the movie as “Ninja Assassins,” but that is a typical “codename” given to movie’s when they still in the early phases of production. Oddly enough, the names of the characters in the cast list seem to coincide with the names of the characters from the movie coincidence I think not. It seems like a distinct possibility, as the The Wachowski’s have actually mentioned Ninja Scroll as one of the three primary Anime movies that inspired The Matrix, the other two being Ghost in the Shell and Akira.

Korean pop star “Rain” is already signed up to star in this upcoming movie, and James McTiegue (V For Vendetta) will be directing the movie. I heard that Mortal Kombat producer Larry Kasanoff had the rights to Ninja Scroll back in 2002, but they they dropped the rights due to unknown circumstances. So the Wachowski brothers would be working on the Ninja Scroll in conjunction with Warner Brothers, this could prove to be mildly interesting.

Here is the casting call for the upcoming movie called “Ninja Assasin” aka Ninja Scroll thought it would be interesting to see what they are looking for.

http://www.freebasemedia.com/ninja/castingcall.htm

http://larcho.wordpress.com/2008/04/25/is-the-wachowski-brothers-ninja-assassin-really-ninja-scroll/
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

This could prove to be as disappointing as Matrix Revolutions - but I'll keep an open mind.

Also, the correct grammar for your thread title is: Are the Wachowski Brothers doing "Ninja Scroll"

With apologies to rustypup for infringing on his role as resident grammar nazi.
cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

The grammar is correct. Keep it gangsta larch.

Wachowski Brothers ftw.
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ 2 x 2GB Corsaire XMS3 DDR3-1333
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Demoraliser

Post by Demoraliser »

jamin_za wrote: With apologies to rustypup for infringing on his role as resident grammar nazi.
LOL...
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

cYcLIc wrote:The grammar is correct. Keep it gangsta larch.

Wachowski Brothers ftw.
LoL :?:
Fut Fut Fut Freestailo!
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Where can I get Ninja Scroll :?:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

what are ninja scroll?
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Samaya wrote:what are ninja scroll?
One kick bottom Anime series.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Where can I get Ninja Scroll :?:
I think you should try checking your local Musica or Look& Listen, I saw quite a few units/copies there the other day.
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
neosephiroth
Permanently Banned

Post by neosephiroth »

those bros suck as directors they a disgrace stealing form ghost in the shell and now they gona lower the value of ninja scroll aswell...DAM!! IF I HAD A MASAMUNE...