champions league 07/08

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
VinceThePrince

Post by VinceThePrince »

Glory Glory Man United! Glory Glory Man United!

What a nail biter!!!!!!

Condolences to all the Chelsea supporters... Terry missing was bad one, but Van De Sar saving off Anelka was pure brilliance!!
Admiral Of The First Task Force - 1st South African Fleet [ Star Trek: Online]
*****Luciendar J Bethesda*****
***Ships: The USS: Kit Rae and The USS: Kabal***
** Science and Exploration Officer **
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Exciting game except the first 20min or so when both teams were very subdued.

I think Man U deserved to win - the Chelsea goal by Lampard was very lucky whereas Man U's was well worked.

Nerve racking penalty shoot-out - I thought Ronaldo had blown it when he had his shot saved. His run up to the ball was pathetic.
Poor Terry and Anelka :(
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
skunkymunky
Permanently Banned

Post by skunkymunky »

sweet revenge, i'm gonna savour this
Fool people into thinking youve got a horse by taking off a unicorns horn
naughty

Post by naughty »

but I hate that little actor Ronaldo
okay i will grant you that two times out of ten he will be acting - but did anybody ever stop to think that 8 times out of ten he is targetted cos he makes all those other idiot defenders look totally stupid

i mean you had two instances yesterday where he looked to fall and did - but those were clearly not given as fouls - referees are not that stupid - they do make the occasional mistake but they generally get it right and when the guys performance deserves an oscar they will let him know cos they can clearly see when it was a fould or not

then yo get a **** like Carvallho who trips a guy and then makes diving gestures to accuse him - its not on

hey Ronaldo isnt a saint - but he isnt as bad as many people paint him to be - remember that putting aside his niggly faults he is still one of the most talented young players out there - he scores free kicks that are in the same league as David Beckham and dribbles a ball far better than 99% of the players currently out there - as for his so-called showboating - if he was as boring as other conventional footballers then he would just be another winger instead of being considered the current best footballer in the world

imagine if people had said that Pele or maradonna were showboaters and tried to get them to stop doing what they do - same goes for Ronaldinho and lots of other players considered great - most of them were arrogant and selfish - but thats what it takes to become a great player ie a hunger to do well and beat the other guy and score some goals and as a n aside entertain the public - thats what i watch football for ..... to be entertained - and some pansy just passing a ball to a colleague whe the opponent approaches him isnt always entertaining - it may be disciplined and purposeful - but its as entertaining as watching grass grow or paint drying - whereas the unpredictability of some exciting young prodigy of a talent doing some seemingly stupid thing can be really exciting and amusing at the defenders expense

so yeah - i think that people need to get real and realize that the guy isnt half as bad as they paint him to be
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor