Yup... RobThePyro's bike crash thread... [Update]

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
RobThePyro

Yup... RobThePyro's bike crash thread... [Update]

Post by RobThePyro »

Hi guys...
just to the mods i didn't know where to put this so i stuck it under general

so just over a month ago (12 April 2008) I crashed my bike... broken wrist, broken rib and... 3 fractured vertebrae in my back(T7-T9) which was the reason that i couldn't move my legs when i got to hospital... SO i got to have mad spinal surgery where they fused 7 vertebrae (T5-T11) together with a bunch of titanium(NOT fun...) Thankfully (Like to take this opportunity to thank God for fixing me!) they were able to decompress my spinal cord and i now have full movement in my legs!

I just got released from hospital yesterday! (4weeks and 6days later...) iv been learning to walk for 2 weeks but im still in a brace... ill try get some pics up later.

Funny thing about the accident is i was riding my TZR125, bout 50kmh, with a passenger on the back when the accident occurred, im sure this is similar to another fourm member by the name of Dae_Ja_Voo who also crashed his TZR125 with a passenger and spent a month in hospital followed by learning to walk again! hows about that for deja vu ( :lol: :wink: pun intended...)

The accident was pretty freak... going round a corner, no other cars, and went off the road for some reason(still not sure if; passenger on back leant over or something OR someone threw like a stick or something into my front wheel (some stuff was STOLEN(ipod and cellphone) from passengers bag when we were unconscious on the road...)OR mechanical fail of some kind...) of coarse i went flying into the only solid object in the area (street sign) while bike and passenger slid up the road, AFAIK the bike is fine just the fairings a bit broken and the passenger just had a broken collar bone and some nerve damage(she was out of hospital in a few days) SO i still dont know what happened exactly because i had a concussion and dont remember ANYTHING from the crash...

anyway looks like ill be fine in time to come... but in the mean time i have a small request for you guys, your welcome to post the standard "get well" posts :lol: but if you could include some info/news about ANYTHING(Pc's, hardware, games, pcformat fourms, modding, news etc. etc. :D :P ) that i have missed in the past month (i have been internet-lessness rofl...) that would be awsome!!! thanks guys you know you all rock!

I cant wait to get this cast off my arm and star modding/overclocking again!

and in other news, just before the crash i got a new HTC Touch, AWSOME phone highly recommend it!!! Also i have hatched a secret plan with my dad to start another business that the overclocking and modding guys are going to LOVE! more details to follow :wink:

anyways now that you all know where iv been (im sure you have ALL missed me! :? :lol: :D rofl...) for the last month, im off to take my pain killers! have a nice day!

Rob.
Last edited by RobThePyro on 13 Aug 2008, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
PCF Dumbass of the Month Award!
"My lungs are in SLI :P"
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

8O

Glad you got out alive!
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

Yo rob, glad to hear you are all right. Crashes like that can turn nasty.

Uhm, I'm not on the forums often anymore, so I won't be able to tell you whats new, BUT when you do start that bussiness... I need a job!! :lol: :lol:

Good luck with the recovery man! :D
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

doo_much wrote:8O

Glad you got out alive!
flippet. ek wou eerste wees. :cry:
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

^^Rofl..
thanks guys!

oh i forgot to mention, i want the PCF DUMBASS OF THE MONTH AWARD ok? can i put that in my sig? :lol: :wink: :twisted:
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

youve got permission to put that in your sig!! :P
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

All the best for a speedy recovery Rob!

My friend was in a serious Bike accident and nearly lost his leg so I can imagine just how serious your situation was.

As doo_much said, glad you got out alive :D
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

That Sucks dude. One of the reasons i don't like bikes.

I'm curious about the business!

What you wanna know? Um 40k has been done in 05, ddr3 has been over 1100. And a local clocker has been cheating.
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

I34z1k wrote:And a local clocker has been cheating.
Serious! 8O linky please! Even I missed that...
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Bud drop me a pm. Don't want to deface the decent clockers here in s.a.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

wow...pretty hectic!! 8O
Glad that you're alright...I was wondering where you were....hadnt seen you on MSN or BF! :P

Glad that your alright! :P :D
Hope you have a speedy recovery! :D
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Glad you're okay bru!

IIRC you are a skinny little guy - so you are damn lucky to have survived a mid-air collision with a street sign. But I'm sure you'll be up and river dancing again in no time.

I hope you keep away from bikes in the future. No good will ever from riding those things.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

So that's what pyro gets upto. Hope nothing went up in flames. Also it is not impossible that someone staged the accident by putting something in the road or throwing a stick, so to speak, in order to steal some stuff from you. But then again that is just some paranoid me speaking.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

glad u alive.

SPEEDY recovery? pun intended? ....
Toshiba A-100 Satellite Pro - C2D - 2 GHZ - ATI Radeon Mobility X1600 256 MB - 1 gig Ram - Harmon Kardon Sound :)
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

I bet he was trying to do a stoppie, but fail'd.

j/k
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Lithe_Joint

Post by Lithe_Joint »

Sorry 'bout your misfortune RTB. Shyte happens, even if you drive a car.
Good luck with the new venture :)
the pen is mighter than the sword, but the word is always final
DAE_JA_VOO

Re: Yup... RobThePyro's bike crash thread...

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

RobThePyro wrote:im sure this is similar to another fourm member by the name of Dae_Ja_Voo who also crashed his TZR125 with a passenger and spent a month in hospital followed by learning to walk again! hows about that for deja vu ( :lol: :wink: pun intended...)
ROFL!!

Yeah man, i had an accident too. Not quite as seriously as this though. I indirectly played chicken with an 18 wheeler and lost, terribly. Ended up in hospital with my right leg's bones completely crushed. Thankfully God hooked my up with some of his heeling and about 15K worth of titanium and after a few months of hard work, i was able to walk perfectly again.

RobThePyro wrote:just before the crash i got a new HTC Touch, AWSOME phone highly recommend it!!!
Oh yes! I have one of those! What an amazing piece of kit :D

RobThePyro wrote:Also i have hatched a secret plan with my dad to start another business that the overclocking and modding guys are going to LOVE! more details to follow :wink:
Ooh sounds interesting!

Anyway dude, i'm glad you're okay. I hope you get better soon and learn to walk quickly again. Not being able to walk absolutely sucks (wheelchair FTW though :P )

I'll keep you in my prayers :)
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

Best wishes and get well soon. I was in a bad car wreck about 7 months ago and also had to learn how to walk again, the best thing you can do is concentrate on what you can do and not what you can't. After the accident I could hardly move at all, all I could do was wiggle my toes and move my right arm. I thought I was trapped in a nightmare. You'll come right eventually, it takes time. Go to rehab and do your physio, it works wonders. The more physio you do, the sooner you'll be back to normal.
im off to take my pain killers! have a nice day!
Please be careful with those things and try take as few as you can even if your in a little bit of discomfort. After a while they actually start to increase your pain because they cause your brain to stop producing endorphins.
(some stuff was STOLEN(ipod and cellphone)
They also stole a cellphone and a friend's handbag. Probably the tow truck drivers.
but if you could include some info/news about ANYTHING(Pc's, hardware, games, pcformat fourms, modding, news etc. etc. Very Happy Razz ) that i have missed in the past month (i have been internet-lessness rofl...) that would be awsome!!! thanks guys you know you all rock!
The HD4800 is being released soon and the Geforce 10 should be here in about 2 months. Exciting times ahead.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

Thanks guys! im oing good, can walk up stairs on my own now, and pretty much off the pain killers... its been like two months, about time!

here are some pics of the helmets, i had the shoei, you can see where i hit the pole with it... the other helmet went into the curb!

Serriously that shoei saved my life, had i had a lesser helmet or no helmet, id be either brain damaged or dead!... yea SHOEI FTW!

Rob.
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

8O I'm buying my bro a decent helmet...eish...
to ápeiro anima
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

Dude, Shoei my man! Best helmet you can get... ^^That was a R5k piece of kit i trashed up there, but damn rather lose R5k than die... yea...
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

Damn straight dude! How's the passenger btw..
to ápeiro anima
DeanMF

Post by DeanMF »

Man, just looking at your helmet you should thank God every day that you are walking again. That was a huge hit.

Glad your recovering so well.
Forum Points: 25 618 :)
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

@ UrBaN shes doing ok hey man, Um, she cant move her left arm though cause of nerve damage... but they say she will get her shoulder and elbow back, but they not sure about her forearm and hand yet... (yea, when your partly responsible for doing something like this to someone it really does make going to sleep at night difficult... :( :oops: )

@ DeanMF yea man, seriously i do, iv never really been religious before but now i take the time to thank God every day, whether he had a hand in it or not... but yea looks like if i put alot of work in over the next few months, i should be able to get back to 100% :D *YAY*

DAMN i cant wait to ride again!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
douglash

Post by douglash »

DaeJaVoo wrote:(wheelchair FTW though )
^^QFT^^
Rob wrote:DAMN i cant wait to ride again!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D :D :wink: :wink:
That's the spirit man - W00T!!

Oh hey - and sorry bout the accident, but shyte does happen.. it did to me, it did to you, glad you came out of it ok though...

oh, and btw - get your bottom better soon, you gotta help us get FRAG ready for the 600-man LAN at the end of the year... :wink: