Why do they look so alike?

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Why do they look so alike?

Post by StarBound »

I dont know if this has been asked or explained but has anyone noticed that the characters in some anime/manga look alike?

Shinji from Evangelion, the main guy from Nadesico, Koda from Elfen Lied and a lesser extent Rock form Black lagoon. Shinji and Rock look nothing alike but take Koda as a step between and you see the almost age difference factor. Not just that but they seem to act just as clueless to an extent.

Lets take the female side why are all red heads the same? Asuka from Evangelion and Asuna from Negi dont just look the same they have the same forcefull attitudes. Rei and then Eve from Black Cat has different hair but their attitude and facial expresions are nearly identical.

Is this all there is to anime/manga when it comes to what people expect to see? The same person in different rolls?
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Ah yes, first thing I noted when I started watching anime too.

However, we aint watching anime for the characters lol. We watch it for the stories.

/ Why are there four Die Hard movies? Why does Bruce Willes act in other movies too?

What's the diffirence?
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Yeh, I also noticed this.
Since anime is mainly the Japanese/Eastern style of drawing...if its not draw in the specific ways, I guess it wont be classified as anime? :?

Also not all characters look the same, but yes...loads look VERY similar :D
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.