Batman: Gotham Knight

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Batman: Gotham Knight

Post by larch »

“Batman: Gotham Knight” is a animated collaboration between six different artist/writers who will be using Japanese Anime for the animation. The animated movie takes place in between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. It is going to be similar to another movie project that attempted the same type/style/art and directing called “The Animatrix“. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the Animatrix movie since some of the short stories were brilliantly done while others were just plain mediocre. A few of the Japanese animation companies that will work on the segments will be Madhouse, Studio 4*C, & Production I.G. (Of Ghost In The Shell fame.)

The movie will be directed by Bruce Timm, co-creator and producer of Batman: The Animated Series and he will be collaborating between six different writers, which are: Josh Olson, David Goyer, Brian Azzarello, Greg Rucka, Jordan Goldberg, and Alan Burnett.

Batman:Gotham Knight will be animated directly to DVD with no theatrical release, and it is the third installment in the DC line of Animated franchise movies. The other 2 movie being: Superman: Doomsday and Justice League: The New Frontier, the next Animated DC project that will be following after Batman: Gotham Knight is Wonder Woman. I have watched both Superman: Doomsday and Justice League: The New Frontier and they weren’t to bad but it lacked a certain “punch” if you can call it that, which hopefully this movie will have that the other 2 movies lacked.

Christian Bale, the current actor for Batman isn't providing the voice for this Batman movie but rather Kevin Conroy will be reprising his role as Batman. Some old and new super villains will make there return in the movie including: Deadshot, Killer Croc, and Scarecrow.

The 6 different stories of the movie are as follows:

Have I Got A Story For You (Written by: Josh Olson)
The Dark Knight (Written by: Greg Rucka)
Field Test (Written by: Jordan Goldberg)
In Darkness Dwells (Written by: David S. Goyer)
Working Through Pain (Written by: Brian Azzarello)
Deadshot (Written by: Alan Burnett)

I had a absolute “Joygasm” when I first heard about this I cannot wait to see the results of this in-devour. I also cant wait to see Deadshot and Killer Croc as they are some of the older Batman villains who hasn’t gotten a lot of screen time compared to some of the other super villains that Batman faced.

And to wet your apatite even further here is the link to the official site and a 10 minute youtube teaser previewing the new movie.

Official Website:

http://www.warnervideo.com/batmangothamknight/

10 Minute teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c09Xj2eI ... re=related
deadhands

Post by deadhands »

:twisted: SOUNDS GREAT :twisted:
capanno

Post by capanno »

Just a shame its anime.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
UsMarshal

Post by UsMarshal »

capanno wrote:Just a shame its anime.
agreed.
larch

Post by larch »

deadhands wrote::twisted: SOUNDS GREAT :twisted:
Yeah cant wait DC really is dishing out the good stuff.