Interesting observation...

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

anyway, PC, back to your question. I can hopefully say it was no ones fault that white vs black issues were not discussed because whoever would post about that didn't know. I didn't know until I read your post. No one here has a problem if you post it becuase you know, I mean, you just enlightened me. Without being too abrubt, I think the answer or point you would like to make is that we are white so we will avoid commenting on whites being racist. But when the tables are turned and we are victimised then we can't shout it out quick enough. That is not the case here.

Bottom line is, if you see an article you aren't happy with, post it and enlighten us. Chances are we didn't know.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

He's a crotchety old prune, that lancelot, but he does get it right sometimes.

Golf clap, sir. Well done!
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

lancelot wrote:PC, what happened at FS University was disgusting, revolting, repugnant, loathsome, offensive and it turned my stomach. Just as the the Black Marketers, Journalists, Accountants, CA's and Lawyers associations do.
I agree with you on that one. If they wanna built a diverse South Africa, then there shouldn't be anything limited to a selected race group, coz obviously this doesn't help Schidt!
lancelot wrote:A black acquaintance of mine delights in telling me that Black South African people hate all white South Africans, maybe you can elucidate on this stereotype for me?
In my experience the Black people that "hate" Whites are those who have either directly or indirectly felt the wrath of White supremacy, at any point, now or in the past.
There are a couple of racist people here at work, some insist o being called Madam by the cleaning ladies. I think that's k@k, but I don't hate them. For the simple reason that I personally have not experienced the racism from them specifically.

To be honest with you, I'm not surprised that something like this could pop out of Bloem, a majority of White people there are not the same as the ones up here. I guess the same can be said about other places where apartheid was rife in the past.
lancelot wrote:The students responsible should be expelled and their names blacklisted to prevent any future entry into any tertiary education body.
I hope they do get expelled and that the Human Rights council steps in. But I hope they don't get sent to jail (e.g. Grootvlei) coz they'll be experiencing hell day-in-and-day-out from the fellow inmates there. Especially the Black ones. Needless to say...

from the UFS site:
Media Release by Vice-Chancellor
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Here's a thought for the day while I go away. Say the tables were turned and Tony Leon for example had refused entry to black journalists in a press conference. Would it have been taken as "lighty" or would there have been hell to pay? be honest here.
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

ok PC you got a point. every one els also have a point in some way. so heres mine. When a black person does some thing to a white person the media and gov sees it as crime if I can put it that way. But the when a white person does some thing to a black person it racist.

You see its okay for black people to have a meeting where no whites may attend. But go and have a meeting where only white people may attend? Then all the fingers will be pointed and every aspect around the meeting will be rascit
Don't Click me
Forum Points:10018000
ichigo

Post by ichigo »

Synthesis wrote:Here's a thought for the day while I go away. Say the tables were turned and Tony Leon for example had refused entry to black journalists in a press conference. Would it have been taken as "lighty" or would there have been hell to pay? be honest here.
true the media would definatly say its rascist if it was a white journalist conference.

You know we have such a nice country, but its what i would say the government is illiterate to handle anything. I think we as citizens must stand up and do something about it,coz we also hold the key to make it a better place.(i just hope when it comes to the election time that the public decides to vote for a RITE Leader!!!!)
What you see is what you want to see, but what you do see you can\'t

Baka Wa Shinanakya Naoranai
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

jamin_za wrote:He's a crotchety old prune, that lancelot, but he does get it right sometimes.

Golf clap, sir. Well done!
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

No offense to anyone but this so called "rainbow" nation of ours is a farse. Sure the different races tolerate each other and in public everyone is condemming the practise and whites cry about the sins their fathers commited while the blacks are "uplifted".

It's all bull. Talk to anybody in the streets about the opposite race and you're bound to pick up the hatred, resentment and anger. And the sad part is the polotitians play the different groups against each other to further their own bloody corrupt careers.

So hear this. I am NOT going to apologise for apartheid. I was too young to even know what it was. I did not torture anyone or kill anyone. I never persecuted anyone because they're different. I just try to make a simple peaceful living for myself. Apartheid could have died long ago but black folks love using it as an excuse for crime, unemployment and just to get wat they want. Well boohoo, cry me a fcking river. It's been 15 years already and I bet most of you don't even know what it is you're bitching about.

I promise you this though. If someone asks for a klap in real life I will give it to him whether he's white, black or blue. Gotta treat everyone equal you know... :roll:
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

ryanrich wrote:How is the incident in Bloem racist? Just because the perpetrators were white and the victims black?

White journalists were denied entry to the black journalists conference because of the colour of their skin. There is nothing to prove that the incident in Bloem was race related. No racial slurs, nothing. What those idiots did was sick and stupid none the less but who is to say they wouldn't have done it were the workers white or indian...

Same with the Skielik informal settlement shooting. The perp is white and the victims black, and suddenly it's a racist killing, but 4 blacks break into a white mans house and rape and torture his daughter and wife before killing him, and it's not racist, it's just crime. Sure.
*applauds* Couldn't have said it better myself.

Another thing. Jacob Zuma banned the white reporters. These are 4 sick people that did something sickly to (yes black) workers. Which would you see racist? One where a "leader" bans whites? Or one where four normal (but sick, trying to get to non leader) students hammer down on the workers? Let me guess, the one with the 4 students. Why? Hell, nothing is wrong with Zuma... or locking the whites out.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

i agree Yoda.

THe thing is that we are all xenophobic. When we are kids we pick on the guy who is different. When we grow up we might not do it openly but inside we could care less for any one different.

The simple rule is:

"I look after me and mine and you aren't part of that unless I contra it does" - Cpt. Reynolds - Serenity.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

I agree with Yoda. I was 6 in 1994. And yet I still get called a whitey by black people. but call them the k word and you better duck for cover coz they'll bring out the machine guns.
PypLaCe

Post by PypLaCe »

ryanrich wrote:How is the incident in Bloem racist? Just because the perpetrators were white and the victims black?

White journalists were denied entry to the black journalists conference because of the colour of their skin. There is nothing to prove that the incident in Bloem was race related. No racial slurs, nothing. What those idiots did was sick and stupid none the less but who is to say they wouldn't have done it were the workers white or indian...

Same with the Skielik informal settlement shooting. The perp is white and the victims black, and suddenly it's a racist killing, but 4 blacks break into a white mans house and rape and torture his daughter and wife before killing him, and it's not racist, it's just crime. Sure.
I agree with ryanrich and Yoda's comment completely. When the guy who shot those people in the Skielik settlement went to court, hundreds of black people were outside screaming and shouting but when black guys go to court for raping or murdering a white person, you wont see one black person supporting the white person.

What these guys did was disgusting they are a disgrace to white people as a whole (even if the black workers were white) and I hope they get expelled.
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

Y0da wrote:No offense to anyone but this so called "rainbow" nation of ours is a farse. Sure the different races tolerate each other and in public everyone is condemming the practise and whites cry about the sins their fathers commited while the blacks are "uplifted".

It's all bull. Talk to anybody in the streets about the opposite race and you're bound to pick up the hatred, resentment and anger. And the sad part is the polotitians play the different groups against each other to further their own bloody corrupt careers.

So hear this. I am NOT going to apologise for apartheid. I was too young to even know what it was. I did not torture anyone or kill anyone. I never persecuted anyone because they're different. I just try to make a simple peaceful living for myself. Apartheid could have died long ago but black folks love using it as an excuse for crime, unemployment and just to get wat they want. Well boohoo, cry me a fcking river. It's been 15 years already and I bet most of you don't even know what it is you're bitching about.

I promise you this though. If someone asks for a klap in real life I will give it to him whether he's white, black or blue. Gotta treat everyone equal you know... :roll:
well said! i was way 2 young to remember that period myself...yet to this day, infact in Jan, i lost my job because my employer was forced to employ someone for "BLACK empowerment"...and had to fire me cause he couldnt afford to keep me on, and pay for anothers salary.

its ridiculous....i hate it whenever they mention apartheid even cause i was 2 young back then to remember, and you know what, so was most of the ppl who cry apartheid whenever they want a free ride!
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

Y0da wrote:So hear this. I am NOT going to apologise for apartheid. I was too young to even know what it was. I did not torture anyone or kill anyone. I never persecuted anyone because they're different. I just try to make a simple peaceful living for myself. Apartheid could have died long ago but black folks love using it as an excuse for crime, unemployment and just to get wat they want. Well boohoo, cry me a fcking river. It's been 15 years already and I bet most of you don't even know what it is you're bitching about.
when i was a kid, (in Bloem nogal) I had a lotta friends from most races, a large percentage was white. And I'd visit them at their homes and everything was cool.

The moral of the story is, during those days, we never saw black or white. We were just kids. But if an adult was to jump in and start separating us based on colour, then we'd grow up with that separation thing in our heads... Knowing that black people and white should not mix.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

The point is being missed here, we were asked to comment mainly on the student fiasco in Bloem.
Like I said somewhere, the race issue, the calling of names will always be with us, it is only us who can make a difference. I don't mind being called a whitey, honkey, mlungu or anything else, it depends on my mood. I have lots of white hair and find that I am treated mostly with a lot of respect, therefore I react accordingly.
Now I did contribute toward the struggle, I toured Angola courtesy of the then Nat government, also had a chance to see the northern part of what is now Namibia, all of it very useful to me. Then it slowly dawned on me that the situation could not continue, I was sick of defending a social and morally bankrupt policy, it was obvious that it could not go on. Nobody was more relieved than I when De Klerk freed Mandela.
So the students are filth and that is that! I am quite pleased that PC has brought this subject up, it deserves discussion.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Lol. Will someone please elaborate on the cultural difference thing? For interest's sake.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

lancelot wrote:Nobody was more relieved than I when De Klerk freed Mandela.
hmm... i bet Madiba was as relieved as anything! :lol: ...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

:lol:
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Wait wait wait wait....

UFS is still segregated? and they only integrating now? wtf dude? seriously!

I attended Rhodes from 1997 and it was mixed..how is UFS 11 years later still not?

btw, papercut, this is the first I am hearing of this too... those fools need to be castrated so that they don't breed...

Concerning racism in SA, I think South Africans should be made to make mandatory trips to Zambia to see what a true "Rainbow Nation" is...
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

GreyWolf wrote:UFS is still segregated?
it is pretty shocking...

but then, is it because bloem is so slow, or because bloem is so 'slow'?
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

GreyWolf wrote:Wait wait wait wait....

Techinkon Free State aka CUT, is also apartheided into black and white residences. none of them are mixed. the closest it gets to mixed is having coloured people in "Black" residences.

I was shocked when I got to PTA and heard of students staying in residences with white ppl.

People used to look at me funny till I explained the situation in Bloem.

I'm a strong believer that racism still exists in that place. There's stuff that I do at malls and stuff here, that I get looked at funny if I do them at home.

The Black people look at you and shake their heads like you're crazy, the Whites look at you like "you don't know how things are run around here"
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

PaperCut wrote:
GreyWolf wrote:Wait wait wait wait....

Techinkon Free State aka CUT, is also apartheided into black and white residences. none of them are mixed. the closest it gets to mixed is having coloured people in "Black" residences.

I was shocked when I got to PTA and heard of students staying in residences with white ppl.

People used to look at me funny till I explained the situation in Bloem.

I'm a strong believer that racism still exists in that place. There's stuff that I do at malls and stuff here, that I get looked at funny if I do them at home.

The Black people look at you and shake their heads like you're crazy, the Whites look at you like "you don't know how things are run around here"

are you serious, ppl still act that way in certain towns??? thats incredible, and so pathetic that ppl still takes things like that, i mean its NOBODIES country, we all have equal rites to do what we want....in situations like that ill be one of the first guys to go up to that person and ask them whats their problem is, makes me mad.
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

rustypup wrote:
GreyWolf wrote:UFS is still segregated?
it is pretty shocking...

but then, is it because bloem is so slow, or because bloem is so 'slow'?
that's putting it mildly.

if any of yous remember, when I was still a n00b on here, I created a thread called "Is it because I'm black?" that was back when I was still looking for property.

I was convinced that I'm not getting any luck with buying coz I'm black.

long story short... I bought a flat directly from a white lady. With absolutely no hassles or any funny looks.

In Bloem however, you'll never find a place to even rent if you talk with a black accent. Either you get yourself a white friend to praat met hulle or you're racially screwed.

I wonder what they'll do if they were to see a black guy with a white girl...
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

PaperCut wrote:I wonder what they'll do if they were to see a black guy with a white girl...
why... is loose cannon likely to visit bloem sometime, with his 'winnings'? :lol:

it really is sad when, with all the crud we have to deal with as a nation, the biggest stumbling block remains this form of self-destructive, exclusionary, behaviour...

well... that and tel/eskom, of course...
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

rustypup wrote:
lancelot wrote:Nobody was more relieved than I when De Klerk freed Mandela.
hmm... i bet Madiba was as relieved as anything! :lol: ...
Got me :!: :lol: :lol: :oops: