Evil...

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
-ASSASSIN-
Moderator Emeritus

Evil...

Post by -ASSASSIN- »

Why..? This is so sad it makes me want to weep... It is the results of losing control at 190kmph... :(

Why couldn't he just crash a Subaru, thaere plenty of those around (and no I am not reffering to the handling)
AMD 2800+ 1280mb DDR 400 200GB SATA 128mb Leadtek 6800 Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers
// 3D2k3= 11238
amdretard

Post by amdretard »

cos he couldnt care
My friends think i need a life. What do you think?
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

The car doesn't look too damaged.............. Apart from the roof! :lol:
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
-ASSASSIN-
Moderator Emeritus

Post by -ASSASSIN- »

DJT wrote:The car doesn't look too damaged.............. Apart from the roof! :lol:
Its just never going to be the same again...looks...handling...

Might as well take the Porsche badge off cause its an insult...
AMD 2800+ 1280mb DDR 400 200GB SATA 128mb Leadtek 6800 Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers
// 3D2k3= 11238
Iceblade
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: MSI gaming Z87 MPower
Graphics card: MSI R9290 OC edition Twin FROZR
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 2x8gb 2400

Post by Iceblade »

Yip
it still looks fine, nothing a good panelbeater can't fix :wink:
amdretard

Post by amdretard »

the picture looks fake
-ASSASSIN-
Moderator Emeritus

Post by -ASSASSIN- »

Iceblade wrote:Yip
it still looks fine, nothing a good panelbeater can't fix :wink:
Yeah, but I doubt even he could do something about this...

amdretard wrote:the picture looks fake
I dont think it is fake.. I know its very ugly and hard to accept, but denial is only going to hide the point, not make it go away... :lol:
// 3D2k3= 11238
amdretard

Post by amdretard »

that posche looks screwed
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

That Carrera is far from written off, unless of course the chassis is bent badly! It looks like a code 2 accident car and therefore can be straightened out using a chorac machine! Then you just get a new door, and knock out the rest of the body! Then it shouldn't look half bad! You guys would be amazed at what Panelbeaters are able to do today!

p.s. i know this cos our 525 was screwed up pretty badly and it came back almost perfect!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
-ASSASSIN-
Moderator Emeritus

Post by -ASSASSIN- »

Yeah, I know that they can do pretty amazing things, but I doubt the car will ever be the same. The undercarrige struts are bent in the Carrera, so even if it is straightened, it will be a lot weaker than the original, and the chassis will probably bend quite a bit during cornersing....

And no matter what anyone says, one you crash 1 part of your car (say the door), it will be impossible to match the colour of the original if you spray it. This has to do with the different parts having different exposure to the elements e.g. sun. Give it 5 years, and the difference between the colour of the door, and the rest of the car will be very apparent...
// 3D2k3= 11238
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

that carrera is a Cabriolet - so the chances of the chassis being bent are quite high - the rigidity will be a lot less and as result would've distorted alot in that accident.
In my opinion that is a write off.

but then again, thats just my opinion... :wink:
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Scarlet_Spider wrote:that carrera is a Cabriolet - so the chances of the chassis being bent are quite high - the rigidity will be a lot less and as result would've distorted alot in that accident.
In my opinion that is a write off.

but then again, thats just my opinion... :wink:
Agreed...
Demoraliser

Post by Demoraliser »

Even it gets fixed, the car will never drive the same. Thas what most people dont get. You bangup your car, and chassis gets warped even marginally, it just wont be same.

Then the dude has live with the fact that they bashed an exotic like that. Then again he probably doesnt care, procures another the next day...
Lee Mercer (Angel): This is getting ridiculous. The first assassin kills the second assassin sent to kill the first assassin, who didnt assassinate anyone until we hired the second assassin to assassinate her.
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

Yeah, she's a gonner allright. Thank goodness for insurance. Wonder what he will smash...er...buy next. :wink:
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

But i see that the car is a roll-over, so i doubt that the structural integrity of the chassis was affected much, rather the roll-bars were damaged to a greater extent! I would definitely try to get that thing repaired, hell they are strengthening chassis's today by welding strips of metal on the under carriage, so the chassis doesn't really bend all that much on the corners! Then cut then you could cut off the top, get it back to good form, strengthen using steel bars and weld it back on! I've seen this done, my neighbour owns a panelbeating shop in durbs!

It's a given however that for a high performance car like this, those repairs will never bring it back to original form but hell, for somebody like me, i'd buy it without a second glance, get it repaired and drive it around the block at no more than 160,LOL! Even if it costs me R300000 to get it done! See how desperate ppl can be! :lol:
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"