where was Smith?

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
GatsbyDyt

where was Smith?

Post by GatsbyDyt »

I just watched the post match presentation of the 2nd ODI against the black caps and I was surprised to see Boucher speaking on behalf of SA. When he said that there were "many dissapointed boys" in the changing rooms I thought to myself, "Is Smith such a big girl that he cant speak to the press after a bad loss?".

I mean honestly what kind of captain is he if he cant even give a short interview
after getting his a$$ kicked.GROW UP SMITH!!
Fry: Hey, wait, I'm having one of those things…you know, a headache with pictures.

Leela: An idea?

I LOVE THIS :-)
SurvivOrX

Post by SurvivOrX »

GatsbyDyt
Did Smith tune your mother or something? That's the only reason I can think of, to reassure myself that this thread is logical.

Unreasoned hatred: pointless.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

my next question why is this in chill? Surely it should be in the Sport section?

moved to Locker Room...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
GatsbyDyt

Post by GatsbyDyt »

I just thought I might of missed sumthing like him getting injured. I wasnt following the game because i was studying.I thought maybe somebody could inform me as to why he wasnt there.

And no I dont hate Smith I just think refusing to do an interview is childish.

Edit: my net is messed so everything i click on is delayed so i end up in places i dont want to be. my bad for the wrong section. come 12pm everything will be normal again :oops:
Fry: Hey, wait, I'm having one of those things…you know, a headache with pictures.

Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Smith did sustain an injury, that is why Dale Steyn went onto the field. Smith was getting treatment, which is why he did not take the interview. Boucher was captain at that moment.

Please check your facts before blasting someone who you do not even know.
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

Do any of you actually think smith should be SA captain OR EVEN in the SA team
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

DarkRanger wrote:Do any of you actually think smith should be SA captain OR EVEN in the SA team
Yes. I think he's done a good job as captain, and he has the potential to get a lot better. In terms of his batting form, I reckon he's just lazy most of the time he goes out early. This is the first series I've really seen him STRUGGLE for form.
GatsbyDyt

Post by GatsbyDyt »

DarkRanger wrote:Do any of you actually think smith should be SA captain OR EVEN in the SA team
Yes I do think he shouold be in the team, sure he's had bad form of late but everybody goes through that.

@Mystical_Titan: Thats kinda why I started this thread, I said I was studying so I didnt follow the whole game and I was wondering why he wasnt doing the interview.

doo_much

Post by doo_much »

GatsbyDyt wrote:
@Mystical_Titan: Thats kinda why I started this thread, I said I was studying so I didnt follow the whole game and I was wondering why he wasnt doing the interview.

Very mature answer! :wink: Kudos!

I too was wondering what had happened to him so thanks for the thread.

Personally I don't like him much. He might be a brilliant captain (most of the team seem to think so), but his batting is too shaky too often.

And then there's the Minki thing.... :cry:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

I don't think he deserves to be captain as he can't control and influence the players to change the game at any given point. A captain needs to be able to do that.

Also, about Smith's batting. He can seldom give a solid performance two games in a row...

I just think he's overplayed and they need someone that is not that darn lazy.
GatsbyDyt

Post by GatsbyDyt »

True, Smith isnt xactly the worlds best captain (but a long way) but hes not the worlds worst either. Quite frankly I think Boucher would be better suited as the captain, I have a feeling he has a better grip on the game than Smith plus Boucher is usually the one throwing out advice to the bowlers anyway.

If you guys had to choose a captain who would it be?

DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

Id pick boucher any day.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

GatsbyDyt wrote:If you guys had to choose a captain who would it be?
Graeme Smith.
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

schase wrote:
GatsbyDyt wrote:If you guys had to choose a captain who would it be?
Graeme Smith.
Vote Void, coz it's biased! :-P j/k