mtn/nashua mobile conspiracy

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
anon

mtn/nashua mobile conspiracy

Post by anon »

they are bloodsuckers...its so devious its almost brilliant....
so i place a limit on my contract phone (those midnight conversations really zap the wallet)...and im thinkin cool service - they also dont want me spendin too much... its like this - wen u reach ur limit they softlock u. meaning no outgoing calls... so i get an sms bundle...100 sms's for a certain price thinkin this cud b useful...sounds good so far bt the rest is headed at high speed down toward the sewer....
i get softlocked... no prob... i have 46 free sms available... bt guess what... i cant send them... these sms's that are already paid 4 - i'm not allowed to send... so i make a few calls... i think no prob i'll just have to b more careful nxt month when i'll have 146 sms's... Wrong... these sms's are not carry over... which in effect means i paid for a service that i was not allowed to use simply because the guys at MTN havent figured out how to prevent a voice calls going out while still being able to send sms's (ones already paid 4). Surely there is a way around this..bt for now it seems like both the service provider NASHUA MOBILE and MTN are pretty content to have their customers pay for services they have no intention of providing.... what recourse do i have?????????
Thrall
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrall »

My ISP gives me 20 free SMS's per day via their website, so I tend to use that instead of the phone itself - unless I'm not online at the time.
Be polite, professional and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

My Iraq pics
Synkronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Synkronos »

That's pretty skanky man :/ If they have a toll-free tech sup line, phone and *****, and anyone who can't help you, just ask to speak to their managers. Or try get someone important's email addy :P
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

I'm with Nashua Mobile but I have a Vodacom contract - but be assured, Nashua are definately shady with regards to service.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
amdretard

Post by amdretard »

you think thats bad my dad has bills of 6000+ as his calls are roamed (outside the country)Half way throught the month they cut him off so he cant contact anybody without using the hotels phone which the c0ompany refuses to pay as he has a cell
My friends think i need a life. What do you think?
me again (anon)

complaint

Post by me again (anon) »

after callin mtn...it seems like the only thing i can do is remove the limit on the contract...

I cant believe that, with the level of technology, it is not possible to have varied levels of locks available.
One that would not allow you to make any calls or sms's
one that would barr outgoing calls but let sms's through....etc.

There probably are people aware of this problem but no one seems to be interested in solving it....
ive decided to mail them everyday... complaints@mtn.co.za and fax them my complaints at 011-3018880
goku

Post by goku »

The billing process is a very complex and is basicly a big bottle neck for all the networks.Sometimes when the network is to busy like on new year and christmas they actually stop charging the clients so that more calls can be made. I also found out that any sms that was not used by you in the month does carry over to the next month

It was actually Nashua fault to offer you both services and not warn you of the complications when having both services :P
WoolyBadBaba

Post by WoolyBadBaba »

I've got a contract with CellC thru Nashua, and all I can say is dat dey r big crooks. Nashua has dis hectic billing system, and because they're billing process begins on da 15th, and cellc's begins on da 1st, it means that i can only use my minutes bet. 15th and last day of the month in order to get a bill that makes sense. If i use minutes b4 the 15th, then i only get credited for them on next month's bill. :evil:

C2D E4300 | ASUS P5B-MX WiFi | 1GB Kingston DDR2-667 | XFX GeForce 7600 GS

"Most people end up going to bed when
they're not sleepy and waking up when they are."
cOokie_mOnster

Post by cOokie_mOnster »

But all of our Cellphone Network providers ripp us off. All the tariffs are rediculous.
goku

Post by goku »

Cookie-Monster wrote:But all of our Cellphone Network providers ripp us off. All the tariffs are rediculous.
Actually our networks are the cheapest in the world :lol:
Inslaine

Post by Inslaine »

yeah we can complain all we like, but actually we ARE indeed the cheapest in the world. In england they charge you triple, even if the conversion rates were 1:1 then it would still be ludacris! Anyways, I turned the big 50 (posts) today.

/me throws confetti all over the place

""*"****"*"*"~~.~~>~~~~#~~~>>..~~~~***"*"*"**"""*"**"*"*"
cOokie_mOnster

Post by cOokie_mOnster »

And America, does any body know the tariffs there aren't they cheaper.
goku

Post by goku »

You can't compare the state to us as their networks are using totally different technologie as what the rest of the world is using. They use analog phones and we use GSM.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Thrall, your sig rocks. "No place like 127.0.0.1" :)

I hardly send sms's via my cellphone, just borrow other people accounts to send sms's via all three networks!
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
djjkotze

Post by djjkotze »

Just send the bastards a loop fax. Send it from any phone with R7 call enabled, and print out a complaint letter and make it longer than 2 pages, or leave a page blank. Then use cellotape to paste the two ends of the paper together, and voila, you have a loop fax. Now send it to MTN at night, and they will soon be out of paper and ink, and have a mountain of faxes when they get to the office in the morning. :twisted: If we don't complain about bad service we get so regularly in SA, nothing will happen. They surely won't provide better service at their own cost just for the kicks of it. GOOD LUCK!!!