The sport of Bodybuilding

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Fcon_Vpro

Post by Fcon_Vpro »

Short guys have it easy when it comes to training legs!!!

Squats and leg press.... moving 300+kg for 10-20cm more is quite a lot.

Theres a short guy(1.65-1.7m) at my gym who just powers through leg training.
I must say im envious cos I struggle to do the same amount of full movement repetitions at the same weight.

Well I do keep up but he makes it look easy.
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Fcon_Vpro wrote:Short guys have it easy when it comes to training legs!!!

Squats and leg press.... moving 300+kg for 10-20cm more is quite a lot.

Theres a short guy(1.65-1.7m) at my gym who just powers through leg training.
I must say im envious cos I struggle to do the same amount of full movement repetitions at the same weight.

Well I do keep up but he makes it look easy.
Yeah I crap myself with Squats. Deadlifts take alot out of me as well cause I am kinda tall.
thealluseless

Post by thealluseless »

I do know if you have below 8%bf (+ - ) you may look great , but it makes you weaker. I
how sure are u about this? because i am looking to drop my body fat to around 6 or 7%, its for squash not body building but still applies. since i need alot of power in my legs, unfortunately i also need to be able to do endurance. both anaerobic and aerobic. Do u have references? because i have not really heard this before? And i am at a stage where i need to be quicker, which means power.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

I am short.. I haven't measured how tall I am again..since the start of the "how tall am I thread" I have to make sure.. but I am a little short...
Temporary Absence
Fcon_Vpro

Post by Fcon_Vpro »

thealluseless wrote:
I do know if you have below 8%bf (+ - ) you may look great , but it makes you weaker. I
how sure are u about this? because i am looking to drop my body fat to around 6 or 7%, its for squash not body building but still applies. since i need alot of power in my legs, unfortunately i also need to be able to do endurance. both anaerobic and aerobic. Do u have references? because i have not really heard this before? And i am at a stage where i need to be quicker, which means power.
Yes and no. All depends on how much and what you eat.
Bodybuilders have a very low intake diet before competition when they reach those very low body fat percentages.
Because they arent eating as much they lose strength because they dont have enough fuel to power their workouts.

I dont think you need such a low bodyfat percentage for squash. 10-12 is perfect i think.
But if you reach that low bodyfat then you will need to fuel yourself before playing to keep to your normal endurance, etc
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

I don't have reference . Some of the guys who gym with me experienced been weaker when they hit 8% BF and below. As what Fcon_Vpro said. It depend on what you eat and how much , and I guess how much you intend to train.

I think it might vary from what sports you do and the level of intensity .
Acidkidsa

Post by Acidkidsa »

Found this the other day .

Very usefull!

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
wezf

Post by wezf »

I have 3 extra cans of Animal pump available. Was bought for someone who bailed. R400ea This works well, i use it every day.
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Have any of you guys seen/tried the spartan 300 workout program.
It's the program the cast of 300 used to build in 4 months.
Search google for "spartan workout" for more info as it seems legit and I got these pics here: http://www.fitnesscure.com/2007/03/16/3 ... oks-after/

Before:

After (well you've seen the movie so....)
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

CGI lolkek

Lazarus - Shattered Halls

ek se hosh. dala kulids. ghle, ho! oom, atts! hoe lyk die kambotcha? gwallafest 2007
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Gatsby wrote:CGI lolkek
Have you seen the movie? I don't think they implemented CGI on the dude for every scene he was in. You can he is truly that well built. Sure makeup and oil and stuff enhance it a bit but still, damn, for that kind of transformation in 4 months. I have a link at home I'll get if you think it's a load of crap with someone who's done it, recorded all his progress and posted videos of his progress. He did a site dedicated to the program for free and I subscribed but never been interested.

Besides that, there's enough info on this program on reputable sites likes menshealth to at least look into it. Was just wondering if anybody had already tried it here.
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

lolroids

Lazarus - Shattered Halls

ek se hosh. dala kulids. ghle, ho! oom, atts! hoe lyk die kambotcha? gwallafest 2007