AWX Cultural Event Anime Showing (6-8 April 2007)

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

AWX Cultural Event Anime Showing (6-8 April 2007)

Post by larch »

To coincide with the AWX Cultural Event that is being held from the 6 to 8 April 2007 (Easter weekend) AnimeWorX and myself will be having an anime screening during that time.

So expect some of the newest titles to be shown and the old classics will also make a return. I will try and stay with the "cultural" event theme and show as much anime out of every genre possible from action/comedy/drama and maybe a bit of horror if possible.

I will also be showing allot of Anime Music Videos out of my collection and bring back some of those funny Anime Music Videos which seemed to be a HIT at Rage 2006. And a couple of new ones that I downloaded

More details will follow so keep a eye out on this thread for updates and details.

Anime to be shown at Anime Screening:

Subbed:

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage
Code Geass
Full Metal Panic! 2nd Raid
Mushishi
Ouran High School Host Club
Pumpkin Scissors
Witchblade

Dubbed:

Mutsu Enmei Ryuu Gaiden Shura no Toki
Hakaima Sadamitsu
Gensou Maden Saiyuki
Get Backers
HeatGuy J
Kamichu!

Movies:

Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society
Robotech - The Shadow Chronicles

Live action:

Saikano - She The Ultimate Weapon

Anime Music Video Contest:

Rules:

1.) U will be allowed to use any footage from anime or live action (as long as it doesn't contains nudity and lots of violence its going to be a public showing after all)

2.) U won’t be limited to what song you are allowed to use but same applies with lyric content nothing too explicit

3.) There wont be a time limit for AMV they can be any length but u are not allowed to use a AMV u made before the competition it has be created for the competition in question u will also be required to put in your credits with the date and your nickname and specify that it was created for the “AnimeWorx Cultural Event”

4.) U are allowed to make a MEP AMV (Multiple Editor Project) more then one person that working on an AMV.

5.) Any file format is allowed accept Real Media and Quick Time

6.) The panel will consist out of 1 judge for now being me (might change later on). People will also be allowed to vote for the favorite AMV via the amount of cheers it gets at end of the AMV.

7.) There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and a "crowd favorite" (decided by the amount of applause the AMV gets).

8.) There won’t be any prizes for the 4 places. I think the prestige and getting your AMV shown to the masses is prize enough for now the other reason being this is a “dry run” for a much bigger event later on in the year and I want to see how it turns out.

8.) U are allowed to hand in a AMV on behalf of someone else if they cant make it to the event.

General:

1.) The final entry date is the 6th of April no later then 9:00 the morning please provide me a written disk with the AMV on it and a small txt file describing the AMV Anime/Band/Song ect... (before the closing date).

2.) If u cant find me at the event hand it in at any of the AnimeWorx staff members and they will hand it over to me make sure your disk is marked properly.

3.) The AMV`s will be screened during all three days of the event (during the breaks in between) and judgeing will take place on the all three those days.

4.) The winner will be announced on the last day of the cultural event that being the 9th. The winner will also be announced in this thread and i will upload the winning AMV to my ftp server and host it for the AnimeWorx members to download.

If u would like to enter please pm me with your details so i can add u to the contest list
Last edited by larch on 25 Mar 2007, 09:23, edited 2 times in total.
cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

If I wasn't going on holiday, I was definately going to come to this. It sounds really good. Damn.
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ 2 x 2GB Corsaire XMS3 DDR3-1333
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
larch

Post by larch »

I have finalized the Anime Music Video Play lists its going to be divided into: Action//Drama/Comedy/Parody/Feel Good to give people a good idea of the types of anime and Anime Music Videos that`s out there.

I will be providing a DVD with some of the Anime Music Video`s I will be showing at the screening too people who want. At a cost of R5 (to cover the cost of the DVD`s and the sleeves I need to buy.
larch

Post by larch »

Okay people I need everyone who wants one of the Anime Screening DVD to please pm me so I can put your names on a list and give u guys preference I am only writing a 100 of these DVD`s
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Hey I'ld like one, but I got no guarantee that I'll be there.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

The final entry date is the 6th of April no later
:evil: It takes me like 3 months to "complete" a vid. When is the next screening?

uhm, where will the AWX be held? Gonna sign up at their site now now.
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
larch

Post by larch »

AnimeWorX will be hosting its annual Sub-culture event which includes Gaming Competitions, Cosplay Competitions, Anime Screenings, Promotions and a variety of Culture Community activities.

Culture Community activities include “AWX Member Duels”, PS3 Experience, Gundam Model Kit Workshop and a presentation from the National Cultural History Museum. comicwrx.com will also be hosting their annual ComicJAM finals, prize give-aways and comic workshops on the day - come along to see local artists and writers at their best!

Visit the AWX forums at www.awx.co.za for current event details, competition rules and regulations.
larch

Post by larch »

it will be between the 6-8 April 2007 at Bright Water Commens "Event Arena" in JHB from 10 the morning till late evening
larch

Post by larch »

larch

Post by larch »

Culture Community activities include “AWX Member Duels”, PS3 Experience, Gundam Model Kit Workshop and a presentation from the National Cultural History Museum. comicwrx.com will also be hosting their annual ComicJAM finals, prize give-aways and comic workshops on the day - come along to see local artists and writers at their best!

The TXL: GRAW2 and Guitar Hero 2 event has been moved to weekend of the cultural event. More details can be found on the TXL web-site. http://www.txl.co.za/
larch

Post by larch »

People that have requested the AMV DVD so far:

AWX Comic Guy
Hayate
FireFlareC
BoneCollector
Nebtaui x2
DarkShinobi
Deadpool
Ryūjin
KCK
Migs-se
Craps
Rott
Blue Sky
Reticulated
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Whoever's from this forum be sure to let us know when you get the disc.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
larch

Post by larch »

That would be "Reticulated"
deadhands

Post by deadhands »

i'm really jealous over this event
larch

Post by larch »

Well i will see u guys there tomorrow :P
larch

Post by larch »

It was loads of fun !!!!!! :D

larch

Post by larch »

And still the undefeated champion in the Gladiator event me !!!!!!! :D

ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Looks like you guys had a great time.
Next time try to let us know well in advance if possible. Perhaps I'ld be able to free my schedule.

I suppose I could give you a run for your money on the gladiator event. :twisted:
larch

Post by larch »

Yeah was awsome u didnt know what u missed and i doubt u would be able to take me on :P