Kamichu! (The Goddess is a Middle School Student)

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Kamichu! (The Goddess is a Middle School Student)

Post by larch »

In an idyllic town by the Japanese Inland Sea, people are living peacefully along with the local kami (shinto deities), mononoke and other spirits.
One day during lunch, middle schooler Hitotsubashi Yurie abruptly announces to her friend that she has become a kami. This causes the elder daughter from the local shrine to immediately announce her new "best friendship" to Yurie, and that they`ll be partners in business!

This is the story of the now not-so-ordinary everyday life of Yurie and her friends trying to figure out exactly what kind of kami she even is. But Yurie also has another problem, she still can`t get the boy she likes to notice her!
I watched the first five minutes, and I said to myself "Wow. This looks stupid. I should probably go watch something else I have in my enormous pending list." Five more minutes passed. "Huh. Maybe it`s not so bad after all." And after that first episode ended, I queued up the next three. Hook, line, and sinker.

What do u get when a high schooler wakes up one day and declares she has turned into a god. She`s not exactly sure god of what, but she`s absolutely sure that she is one. And when her classmate overhears her, it`s just one of those strange coincidences that this classmate is a shrine maiden, and of course she sees a business opertunity and total chaos follows.

I wont go any further as not to spoil it for people who still want to watch this awesome show

Kamichu reminds me a lot of Tonari no Totoro not cause of the animation style or the story line but the world around her a "virtual Alice in wonder land" from the arb gods she meets to the little creatures making random screen appearances in the anime.

I would recommend this anime to those looking for a carefree, and cute anime.

Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

Looks interesting and funny..
I have so much I want to watch still..
Temporary Absence
larch

Post by larch »

Anthropoid wrote:Looks interesting and funny..
I have so much I want to watch still..
Anthropoid u should really watch this a very underated show :D
Abmis

Post by Abmis »

What a coincidence - I just watched ep 1 yesterday :)
Wish I had more though because I'm also hooked.