Maka-Maka (Yuri)

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Maka-Maka (Yuri)

Post by larch »

Maka-Maka is a very shounen, adult, and reasonably mature take on the development of a relationship between two friends, Jun and Nene. The subtitle of the manga is "Love Sex Communication" - this is a major theme right from the first chapter.

The story begins as Jun and Nene both find themselves frustrated and dissatisfied by sex and the lack of connection that exists between themselves and their lovers. In the course of schoolwork, they find themselves playing around and the playing takes a sexual turn. As the subtitle promises, they actually *communicate* and as a result, find themselves more and more interested in each other.

As stated, this is a shounen manga, so expect alot of sexual situations, nudity, fanservice, etc. But for all that, it's never presented in a cheesy manner - in fact, I found myself getting a little nostalgic at some of Jun's and Nene's antics. LOL There's a sense of reality about Maka-Maka that's quite surprising.

Of course, nothing is perfect, so there are conflicts..Jun seems to be more needy than Nene, while Nene tends to be a little more inconsiderate than Jun. This only serves to heighten the versimilitude, not to lessen it. It does mean that there are times when you don't *like* the characters, but that's not, IMHO, a weakness here.

By the end of the first volume, if you have a soul, you are hooked. I read the monthly issues with interest and am looking forward to the second collection.

Warning it does contain sex and nudity but like i said it's never presented in a cheesy manner if u want the link to the download site pm since i can post it here due to the "adult" material it contains

ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Yuri is viable. Still prefer hetero though.
On the yuri note, in some instances, it is pretty interesting.
I remember actually sitting through Maria sama ga miteru and relishing how the girls would interact with one another on a mental level even though it was pure drama.

Well, I don't remember anything of it.

yaoi is an absolute no go zone!
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: Maka-Maka (Yuri)

Post by hamin_aus »

larch wrote:I found myself getting a little nostalgic at some of Jun's and Nene's antics.
Nostalgic :?:
What, you were reminiscing on your own lesbian encounters :?: :lol:

I'm not relly into manga, but you seem to know what your talking about here. And lesbians are teh hawt.

PM the d/l link please :D
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

jee

Post by jee »

*sigh* no yaoi.... :cry:
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Sorry jee, cant help you with that, Im a good person I dont look at dirty pics. :lol:

My fave pic, every repost is a repost repost.
larch

Post by larch »

jee i got a couple of Yaoi anime shows if u are interested ill post a small review on one of my favorite ones :P