Super14 - 2007

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
rusty3280

Super14 - 2007

Post by rusty3280 »

Hi there,

What do u think of SA's chances this year in the Super14 after last years Currie cup?

I think we have at least 4 teams that looks good. The Stormers is my favourite for obvious reasons. I meen with the likes of Schalk Burger, Luke Watson, Robbie Diack, Jean de Villiers, Gio Aplon, Breyten Paulse and Naas Olivier in the team!!

To me it's a good thing that Werner Greeff retired, thats my opinion. I watched him play on Newlands last year, and he wasnt in form at all.

My log for the end of the tournament what SA team standings is concerned is:

1) Stormers
2) Sharks
3) Cheetahs
4) Bulls
5) Lions
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Look, if you want to talk rugby, at least talk sense. :P

There is no way that the stormers will end top of the log (of SA Teams) no matter who plays them.

The Sharks, Bulls and Cheethas will decide the top spot, followed by the Stormers, and then the Lions. Same as every year.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

What are you smoking Kronos, send some down for me!
rusty3280

Post by rusty3280 »

Good one lancelot!!!

Kronos is deffinately on something, I dunno if its weed or sleep depravation (Bulls and Sharks giving him sleepless nights)
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Kronos wrote:The Sharks, Bulls and Cheethas will decide the top spot, followed by the Stormers, and then the Lions. Same as every year.
Agreed, although the Sharks are more likely to have a bad season than the other two top teams. But they did surprise me last year, so who knows? :wink:
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Will Tony Brown be playing for The Sharks this year?
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Knightman

Post by Knightman »

Sharks rule.... :D
rusty3280

Post by rusty3280 »

Tony Brown wont be playing this year no. With Francios Steyn and Butch James there, I dont think he would've gotten much game play anyway.

Stormers tops!!!
SLIP
Processor: Intel Sandy bridge i7-2600K
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE GEN3
Graphics card: GeForce GTX560TOP OC
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Post by SLIP »

Sharks & Stormers suck :lol:
goku

Post by goku »

I think standings are going to be more

1>Cheetahs
2>Who cares
3>Who cares
4>Who cares
5>Who cares

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SLIP
Processor: Intel Sandy bridge i7-2600K
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE GEN3
Graphics card: GeForce GTX560TOP OC
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Post by SLIP »

Ill rather keep my eyes on the Kurrie cup
PhReaK_K

Re: Super14 - 2007

Post by PhReaK_K »

rusty3280 wrote:Hi there,

1) Stormers
2) Sharks
3) Cheetahs
4) Bulls
5) Lions
WHAAAAT.. now really even someone that does not watch or even know what rugby is will disagree. no1: Seeing as the Bulls and the cheetas share the Currie Cup they are favoured as the top teams. Then the stormers and the sharks and last the Lions ( bad Super 14 and all round history the past few years.) . That is purely based on fact and not speculation or personal interests.

1: Bulls / Cheetas
2:Stormers
3:Sharks
4:Lions.

But looking at past record the bulls will once again be the top south african team. Hopefully we will have more than one team in the Semi-finals. I mean hell the last time we featured was in the 90's when Transvaal won it.

Yes even Kongregate thinks I am 1337 !!!
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

PhReaK_K wrote: WHAAAAT.. now really even someone that does not watch or even know what rugby is will disagree. no1: Seeing as the Bulls and the cheetas share the Currie Cup they are favoured as the top teams. Then the stormers and the sharks and last the Lions ( bad Super 14 and all round history the past few years.) . That is purely based on fact and not speculation or personal interests.

But looking at past record the bulls will once again be the top south african team. Hopefully we will have more than one team in the Semi-finals. I mean hell the last time we featured was in the 90's when Transvaal won it.
I agree, Its just those bulls hating supporters again... They know nothing of Rugby. And they know nothing because everytime their teams play and start losing they leave the room/stadium/pub(well maybe some) and go sulk in a dark corner. So then they don't see how rugby is supposed to be played and hence know nothing... 8)
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

PhReaK_K wrote:
rusty3280 wrote:Hi there,

1) Stormers
2) Sharks
3) Cheetahs
4) Bulls
5) Lions
WHAAAAT.. now really even someone that does not watch or even know what rugby is will disagree. no1: Seeing as the Bulls and the cheetas share the Currie Cup they are favoured as the top teams. Then the stormers and the sharks and last the Lions ( bad Super 14 and all round history the past few years.) . That is purely based on fact and not speculation or personal interests.

The sharks will finish ahead of the Stormers. And possibly ahead of Bulls and Cheethas too.
PhReaK_K wrote: But looking at past record the bulls will once again be the top south african team. Hopefully we will have more than one team in the Semi-finals. I mean hell the last time we featured was in the 90's when Transvaal won it.
What about the sharks Finals in 1996, and 2001
rusty3280

Post by rusty3280 »

You can say what you want and pull out stats of the past as much you want to, it does not change the fact that the Stormers are more rounded what skills are concerned this year. They were a young team last year, that grew as each match were played.

Im not just saying they will end on top because Im a Stormers supporter, but I base my statement on the fact that they have great talent, are less predictable and has the most exciting backline of all the South African teams.

Therefore dear lads, the Stormers will end tops.

But we still hope that more than one South African team makes the semi's and maybe even the finals.

This is South Africa's year, stuff NZ and Aussies!!
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Kronos wrote: What about the sharks Finals in 1996, and 2001

So what you're saying is that the sharks should win or be in the finals every 5 years. In that case thy had their chance last year...
:P :P :P
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

rusty3280 wrote:You can say what you want and pull out stats of the past as much you want to, it does not change the fact that the Stormers are more rounded what skills are concerned this year. They were a young team last year, that grew as each match were played.
Well rounded what skills are concerned this year?
What match did you see them play? Because AFAIK, they haven't played yet this year, so you can't claim them on top form, now can you?
What exactly are you basing this statement on?
rusty3280 wrote:Im not just saying they will end on top because Im a Stormers supporter, but I base my statement on the fact that they have great talent, are less predictable and has the most exciting backline of all the South African teams.
Firstly, what makes you say that they have the best backline? Who's playing?
Even if that were true, which it isn't, remember that the Cats and the Lions had the best backline, on paper, last year, and where did they end again?
rusty3280 wrote:Therefore dear lads, the Stormers will end tops.

But we still hope that more than one South African team makes the semi's and maybe even the finals.

This is South Africa's year, stuff NZ and Aussies!!
You can't judge a team by how they look on paper my friend.

And your last statement is just foolish.
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Samaya wrote:

So what you're saying is that the sharks should win or be in the finals every 5 years. In that case thy had their chance last year...
:P :P :P
No, That was in the SUPER 12.

Now, in the S14 with 2 more teams, they might have to wait another year.
Which makes THIS their year. 8)
PhReaK_K

Post by PhReaK_K »

Forgot about that one. But true
rusty3280 wrote: This is South Africa's year, stuff NZ and Aussies!!
we can but only hope. Fact is the Aussies and NZ have just so much better teams and much more rounded. I am a Bulls supporter but I would love it if any one of the South African Teams win this damn thing.

Yes even Kongregate thinks I am 1337 !!!
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

No, no, its 2 more teams. Which makes it NEXT year only. And I hope the sharks don't come last this year or they are going to be Speared (Get it...:wink: )
goku

Post by goku »

Samaya wrote:No, no, its 2 more teams. Which makes it NEXT year only. And I hope the sharks don't come last this year or they are going to be Speared (Get it...:wink: )
:lol:
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

Bulls will lead the sa teams on the log with the cheetas in a close second. lions will surprize with a well deserved 3 place and sharks and stormers will battle for 4th, with stormers taking it.

Thats my prediction. and btw: how can the stormers be first if they cant even win a WARMUP match on loftus??
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

I would like to wish the Sharks the best of luck in trying not to lose. Bobby Skinstadt signed with them for the Super 14.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Samaya wrote:No, no, its 2 more teams. Which makes it NEXT year only. And I hope the sharks don't come last this year or they are going to be Speared (Get it...:wink: )
No, no, no, no, no! ;)
It's 1 year for every 2 teams, so it IS this year :D

Don't worry. The Lions will be made into spears.
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Kronos wrote: Don't worry. The Lions will be made into spears.
ROFLMAO!!!

I agree totally lol