What atrosities will China think of next?

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
jee

What atrosities will China think of next?

Post by jee »

At least 200 people have protested in the Chinese capital, Beijing, against restrictions on pet dog ownership.

They said a ban on larger breeds would lead to dogs being confiscated and culled. In August, a mass cull of dogs caused uproar in south-west China.

The 'one dog' policy was announced as part of a campaign to combat rabies.

The protest was watched by many police, who demonstrators say detained 18 people.

One protester said the rule that pet dogs could be no taller than 35 cm was nonsense.

"We hope the world will support us in stopping the meaningless hurting and killing of dogs," she said, adding, "the height of a dog doesn't make them guilty or fierce!"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6139046.stm
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Soap

Post by Soap »

If that's your only worry, have a look at their social welfare policy.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

:shocked: That is totaly ridiculous!
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
jee

Post by jee »

Soap wrote:If that's your only worry, have a look at their social welfare policy.
That is not my only worry - i have been keeping an eye on China for the last 18 months and the things they do to their people is too much for my mind... and my soul. Their government stinks. But why take it out on the animals? *sigh*
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

China seems crazy to me!!
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Soap

Post by Soap »

jee wrote:
Soap wrote:If that's your only worry, have a look at their social welfare policy.
That is not my only worry - i have been keeping an eye on China for the last 18 months and the things they do to their people is too much for my mind... and my soul. Their government stinks. But why take it out on the animals? *sigh*
In fact, China today in the wake of their own rising to power are far less autocratic than for example North Korea or Myanmar, which are worse by orders of magnitude.
Ike

Post by Ike »

China is a communist country, I don't see them as the flower power type.

They, have killed in the past 2 years like what? 9 000 people? mainly from protests... Apartheid killed 10 000 people total (TRC)

I think that DOG stew may be served in eating halls for a while?
Prime

Post by Prime »

hello and welcome to the communist world. if we don't like we shoot you, bye bye.

great may there be peace until january so my friends stay safe and are back in SA, else i will personally nuke China, or i could just wait for N korea to do so for me...

"How to reduce overpopulation" Enrich Uranium :lol: :lol: :lol:
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ike wrote:I think that DOG stew may be served in eating halls for a while?
Yipp...wonder if any1 woul end up eating their own dog? Weired as they really do eat dogs and cats! Maybe they were running low on food so the goverment decided to come up with that dog thing?

Spoiler (show)
Ike

Post by Ike »

da_ripper wrote:hello and welcome to the communist world. if we don't like we shoot you, bye bye.

great may there be peace until january so my friends stay safe and are back in SA, else i will personally nuke China, or i could just wait for N korea to do so for me...

"How to reduce overpopulation" Enrich Uranium :lol: :lol: :lol:
lol, Your friends aren't visiting for those "message" parlours?
Ike

Post by Ike »

PsyCLown wrote:
Yipp...wonder if any1 woul end up eating their own dog? Weired as they really do eat dogs and cats! Maybe they were running low on food so the goverment decided to come up with that dog thing?
I saw how they kill dogs ect... The chinese are sick, But don't worry I will oneday sort them out...

anyways, I can see it allready... The guy finding "fluffy's" dog tag in his stew...

"fluffy?"
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

I find it really interesting that many of you are so quick to judge the asian side of the world immediatly on such stereotypical things such as eating dogs and cats, etc...

Maybe it is immoral to you but you don't know the basic roots of the people and the different up bringing compared to the life over here..

And I certainly find this interesting da_ripper
*EDIT* Yes thank you Ike
The chinese are sick
Prime

Post by Prime »

don't take it personally. i have nothing against chinese people. just the goverment.

edit my friends happen to be Christian and i worry for their safety in china. China shoots Christians
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

uhh da_ripper, I can tell you this right now...

China won't just shoot a christian because of their religion...

So you can stop with most of the accusations coz its not true. No logical government would just shoot a person for no reason, and currently china isn't that stupid as tourism is a must have in every country... And let alone the fact they are hosting the Olympics, I highly doubt they would devalue there social standing in the world anytime soon...
Judas

Post by Judas »

da_ripper wrote:China shoots Christians
Would you care to provide some evidence to substantiate that claim? I find it highly unlikely that the Chinese are trying to exterminate all Christians.

It's worth pointing out that there are over 20 million Christians currently living in China.
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

Ike wrote:
PsyCLown wrote:
I saw how they kill dogs ect... The chinese are sick, But don't worry I will oneday sort them out...

anyways, I can see it allready... The guy finding "fluffy's" dog tag in his stew...

"fluffy?"
Your logic is so flawed it's amazing the moderators let you post on this forum..

in the same way vegetarians call us murderers for eating cows, etc.
But you probably want to sort vegetarians out too, no?
Ike

Post by Ike »

someidiotsa wrote:I find it really interesting that many of you are so quick to judge the asian side of the world immediatly on such stereotypical things such as eating dogs and cats, etc...

Maybe it is immoral to you but you don't know the basic roots of the people and the different up bringing compared to the life over here..

And I certainly find this interesting da_ripper
*EDIT* Yes thank you Ike
The chinese are sick
I just meant the chinese who eat dogs... I saw the 50/50 program, They skin and boil cats/dogs alive!

Not cool, they can atleased kill them umanely...

And China has been known to kill groups that threaten their power. Donno about the christians though...
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

da_ripper wrote:don't take it personally. i have nothing against chinese people. just the goverment.

edit my friends happen to be Christian and i worry for their safety in china. China shoots Christians
You don't live in China, so don't pretend to know it!

Sure the government of China might not be one of the most humanitarian governments around... but speak to people who come from China. Many will say their government does the right thing.

If Chinese people are happy with the way things work, then stop complaining for them!
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ike wrote:
PsyCLown wrote:

"fluffy?"
How do they kill the dogs?

:lol: fluffy...lmao...Imagine that...you eating and you find your dogs tag in your food...and its a dog stew!

Spoiler (show)
Ike

Post by Ike »

errr.. okay tha ripper was right:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3993857.stm
Prime

Post by Prime »

yeah and most of them fear for their life. ever heard of the underground church. i really dont feel like having this arguement.

clearly that is not the web address for Voice of martyrs
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Give me some time to read that article, I don't want this to get out of hand so please don't start flaming and being immature.

da_ripper, thats a nice site, very informative ads....

*edit* also note Ike that was about 2 years ago now...
Prime

Post by Prime »

yteah sisa clearly got the addres wrong. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Prime

Post by Prime »

there are 2 types of curtain. the iron curtain and the boerewors curtain.

the latter is normal called the east rand :lol:
Ike

Post by Ike »

zerubabel wrote:
da_ripper wrote:don't take it personally. i have nothing against chinese people. just the goverment.

You don't live in China, so don't pretend to know it!

Sure the government of China might not be one of the most humanitarian governments around... but speak to people who come from China. Many will say their government does the right thing.

If Chinese people are happy with the way things work, then stop complaining for them!
LOL, That is why 30 milion chinese have left the country? They fled to places like sudan,nigeria,marroco,South-america,brazil,hiati,DRC etc...

I wonder how many chinese have emigrated since china became a communist state?