What is EMO? <Version 2>

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

a bit...Nah, I already heard of it :twisted: I know way too much for my age :wink:
AMD FX 8120 @4.7Ghz |Antec Kuhler 920 |ASUS Sabertooth 990fx| 16Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance|GTX 460 1gb |OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (OS) + HyperX 240Gb (Games)|2tb+320gb+250gb(x3)+160gb hdds| CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w| Aerocool Strike X ST| Dell 23" LED LCD |Windows 8 Pro x64
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

You probably know so much from reading all my posts...young padawan :D

Anyway, it's 10PM and I am off shift. Goodnight all :!:
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

lets just say I learnt alot of new words at a very young age :twisted:

Cheers jamin
AMD FX 8120 @4.7Ghz |Antec Kuhler 920 |ASUS Sabertooth 990fx| 16Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance|GTX 460 1gb |OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (OS) + HyperX 240Gb (Games)|2tb+320gb+250gb(x3)+160gb hdds| CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w| Aerocool Strike X ST| Dell 23" LED LCD |Windows 8 Pro x64
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

D1rtyFr4nk wrote:I had this other clip...... ON NOESSS!!!!! It was awesome... it was called BOB! BOB FTW!!!1111
ROFL!!!
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

I got this from the Urban Dictionary and I found it quite funny.
An entire subculture of people (usually angsty teens) with a fake personality. The concept of Emo is actually a vicious cycle that never ends, to the utter failing of humanity, and it goes something like this:

1. Girls say they like "sensitive guys" (lie)
2. Guy finds out, so he listens to faggy emo music and dresses like a dork so chicks will see that he is sensitive and not afraid to express himself (lie). He dyes his hair black, wraps himself in a stupid looking scarf, develops an eating disorder, and rants about how "nobody understands".
3. Now an emo guy, he meets Emo chick and they start dating, talking about how their well-off suburban lifestyles are terrible and depressing (lie)
4. Emo guy is just too much of a p*ssy. His penis is too small, he's too depressed to bathe, and has more mood swings than emo chick, and he doesn't even have a menstrual cycle. Emo chick dumps him, saying "It's not you, it's me." (lie) as she drives off with Wayne, the school jock and captain of the football team.
5. Emo guy goes home and cries, proceeds to write a weak song and strum a single string on his acoustic guitar. Another emo chick sees how he is so in touch with his feelings, and the cycle continues.

This is the sad truth of the emo lifestyle/music, and now that I look at how pathetic it really is, maybe the emos DO have something to cry about!
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

Y0da wrote:I got this from the Urban Dictionary and I found it quite funny.
An entire subculture of people (usually angsty teens) with a fake personality. The concept of Emo is actually a vicious cycle that never ends, to the utter failing of humanity, and it goes something like this:

2. Guy finds out, so he listens to faggy emo music and dresses like a dork so chicks will see that he is sensitive and not afraid to express himself (lie). He dyes his hair black, wraps himself in a stupid looking scarf, develops an eating disorder, and rants about how "nobody understands".
3. Now an emo guy, he meets Emo chick and they start dating, talking about how their well-off suburban lifestyles are terrible and depressing (lie)
4. Emo guy is just too much of a p*ssy. His penis is too small, he's too depressed to bathe, and has more mood swings than emo chick, and he doesn't even have a menstrual cycle. Emo chick dumps him, saying "It's not you, it's me." (lie) as she drives off with Wayne, the school jock and captain of the football team.
5. Emo guy goes home and cries, proceeds to write a weak song and strum a single string on his acoustic guitar. Another emo chick sees how he is so in touch with his feelings, and the cycle continues.

This is the sad truth of the emo lifestyle/music, and now that I look at how pathetic it really is, maybe the emos DO have something to cry about!
LOL, good find Yoda!!!
Evade

Post by Evade »

Y0da wrote:I got this from the Urban Dictionary and I found it quite funny.

LOLz dat so awesum!!! :lol:
EMO is ghey!! (that vid "i must b emo" is ledgend, shows u how screwd up em okes r)
walk the dark path, sleep with angels

-assassin of the pride-
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Lol nice find Y0da!
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Lol @ Y0da, basically eveything in urbandictionary is funny, most are crude but hiliarious nonetheless. You should just try type in any vegetables and see what junk people write. lollies.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Crazy_Legs

Post by Crazy_Legs »

Hmm Emo. I have listened to original emo from way back. Emo was supposed to be 'Emotionally-charged Hardcore'. The bands that were primarly this genre, were - promise ring, mineral, rites of spring, texas is the reason, minor threat, fugazi, jawbreaker, swing kids, still life, antioch arrow..etc And more recently - Thursday, Taking back sunday, Glassjaw..etc But the modern day scene...lmao, what decay of musical genre. I dont want to comment any further on that disrespectful fad. Abusing the sub-genre 'emo'
There is no light in the path of my God forsaken soul...
Crazy_Legs

Post by Crazy_Legs »

And fall out boy is powerpop punk/rock. At least to conform to the modern definition of what emo is, you could say bands like - emery, halifax, hawthorne heights, dashboard confessional, the used..etc
There is no light in the path of my God forsaken soul...
SHL3B1B
Permanently Banned

Post by SHL3B1B »

If you happy and you emo slit your wrists
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

SHL3B1B wrote:If you happy and you emo slit your wrists

Now thats emo!
Sagariouz

Post by Sagariouz »

Bwahaha, along the street, not across the road.
J2theT
Permanently Banned

Post by J2theT »

Check This Out!

Totally the best description of EMO!

EMO KID

...Mood? Apathetic!...
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

LOOOOOL!!!

Lazarus - Shattered Halls

ek se hosh. dala kulids. ghle, ho! oom, atts! hoe lyk die kambotcha? gwallafest 2007
deadhands

Post by deadhands »

actually emo is a fake sub-culture reason being it is created from other cultures....... for instance emo take things from goth to metal to grudge to everything...... is there more i need to say?
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

deadhands you are in direct violation of avvie rules, change your avvie so that it is your own
Temporary Absence
kraven

Post by kraven »

FINALLY, I know what emo is!!
The Anime Society that\'ll influence the SA scene: http://www.genshiken.uct.ac.za
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Ark
Processor: E4400
Graphics card: 8800GTX
Memory: 4GB DDR2

Post by Ark »

Anybody up for a good cry? C'mon! We can all do it together! :D

lmao
16-bit Corpse
Spoiler: (show)
I like scrota.