New anime.. and manga

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

I cant wait to get the rest of bakaretsu...I think it's great stuff.

Todays showdown is between Hibiki and his vanguard from Vandread vs Kenji (sp'l'elling) and his Eva...

any bets on this one?
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

Nice screenies there Rayne...
Bleach is at 77 hex, and on manga at 223...

@Rayne: Always watching what these babes where I think, who the hell in their right mind would wear stuff like that in public? Well in the real world I guess very little...

Apparently they say, the best panty shot anime is one called Agent Aika, but I have had no luck finding one by that name... Saw it the first time in a AMV... Still keeping eyes open though...
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Ja.

Btw here's a nice character summary of Meg I just browsed accross. Quite correct and good for a laugh -
Meg's job is to get in trouble and screw things up. Unfortunately, or fortunately if you're that type of person, she does so with as many panty shots and bouncing breast scenes as possible.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

:lol:
Had anyone watched the first ep of Disgaea? I almost crappd myself for the scene when the demon saw the earth woman. bounce bounce bounce :lol:
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

That reminds me -

Hey Nuke did you check that alien girl in Invasion of the.... looks like Nyu!

:twisted:
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Ya I also saw that :twisted: Now stop with that dirty thoughts :twisted:

what do you stil need to watch?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Still have to get through :

-Berserk (now busy with)
-100 Stories (now busy with)
-GITS : SAC
- Fafner in the Azure
-Scryed
-Karas
-Kannaduki No Miko
-Those Who Hunt Elves
-Mezzo DSA
-Invasion of the boobie snatchers (part 2)
-Moonlight Lady
-(that other hentai one which I now forgot...)
-(that other hentai one which I now forgot...)

I might have left out more hentai, I dunno...
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Newbie question: Is anime encouraged to be freely distributed?
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

And what is so appealing about Manga? I love the style and I loved playing Final Fantasy 7 on PS1, but don't really know where to start.

I tried watching METROPOLIS but it didn't really appeal to me. STEAMBOY made me fall asleep.

Are the plots good? Are there any REALLY good ones? I loved SPIRITED AWAY and HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, but I haven't come across any more gems lately. Can anyone recommend something? MANGA & ANIME have got huge followings in Japan, China, Tokyo etc., so I'm guessing there's gotta be something great about it that I'm missing.
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Well, to start off, what genre do you like? :)
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

Mezzo DSA wasnt that good, some good action in it but very disappointing towards the end.

Karras! ME WANT! *RAWR*

hentai...lol...i dont have any...
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

Ok so good to see me not only hentai watcher here... Not that often though, just the here and there at least...

Rayne you also got a mean list there to get through.. Here's mine atm:
Busy with Naruto and Bleach, then waiting
Berserk
Air
Battle Programmer Shirase
Bubblegum Crisis
Fanfer In The Azure
Gunslinger Girl
Macross Plus
Mahoraba - Heartful Days
Onegai Teacher and Twins
School Rumble OVA 1 and 2
Speed Grapher
Trinity Blood
Vandread Stage 1 and 2
Vision Of Escaflowne
GITS GIG 1
Beck
Blue Submarine 6
Stratos4
Burn Up! W

So yeah, I got quite a bit to go... Busy getting rest of Escaflowne and then gonna try for Fate...
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Mikdog wrote:Newbie question: Is anime encouraged to be freely distributed?
Hell no.

Though, there is no major official distributor holding distribution rights in SA. Ster Kinekor has been pondering with the anime idea for years and have not yet lifted a finger to boost it. Vey few anime is licensed here, only stuff you see in decent video stores are, which is normally childish rubbish anyway. As long as you do not rent-out imported titles obtained from our two sole importers www.animedirect.co.za and www.animeworx.co.za you can do whatever you want with it or your fansubbed downloads you pulled from the web. That's why we are all watching our purchases on region free DVD players and our fansubs on pc.

That said, fansubbed anime is freely distributed between fans and made instantly available via net, yes. Eastern developers like to keep to themselves. Fansubs are the only way to have anime introduced to the rest of the world. The east turn a blind eye because they are not losing a cent. Worldwide distribution like it's done with Hollywood movies by example, is very seldom planned and, should it ever happen, it normally does so after quite some time. In the meantime, the eastern developers obtain free publicity. To show appreciation for this leniency subbing groups will remove newly licensed anime from download links they have previously been obtainable from once a series does become licensed in such country. This is the way it's been done for many years, though, it's now starting to change for better and for worse. The west caught the hint and nowadays there's quite a lot of anime rights being purchased, English dubbed, licensed and majorly distributed accross states. This is a good thing, the bad is the fact that the dubbings are mostly laughable and our favorite scenes get cut.
Mikdog wrote:I tried watching METROPOLIS but it didn't really appeal to me. STEAMBOY made me fall asleep.
I love anime but I also thought those were rubbish.
Mikdog wrote:Are the plots good?
Yes. That's why we watch it.
Mikdog wrote:Are there any REALLY good ones?...Can anyone recommend something?...
Yes. That's why we watch it.

Ask around for titles you see in the top 10, 20 from decent group listings you can find at :
- http://www.animenfo.com/statistic/top.php?type=anime
- http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl

I can help you with a few of those. If you want me to send you stuff then PM me and I'll be happy to do so. Those I don't have you can ask from someone else in the Anime Request thread, we are all sincere here.

Again, you must tell us what you like. (comedy, horror, romance, drama, action, superpower, fantasy, magic, sci-fi, mecha etc)
Mikdog wrote:I'm guessing there's gotta be something great about it that I'm missing.
It does not appeal to everyone. But if you don't try, then you would never know.

@ OTC : Ja same here, Hentai is not my first choice but normally it's good for the laugh.

@ Kher-za : I watched a glimps of Karas, seems good, will let you know what I think by the weekend.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

Mikdog, I think Rayne pretty much rounded up all your questions in that reply... Although one thing I have come to notice, is that even if I say I like mecha and comedy, there might come a romance one that I might like, or even an action one... This is why I try to always check out one ep of a series to see if it will or might appeal to me...
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

True what he says there.

Though, I won't personally reccomend watching only the first episode of a 24 part series and then making a conlcusion about it. You'll be missing out on a hell of a lot. I mean, if you do that, you may very well end up missing stuff like Elfen Lied, Chrno Crusade, Full Metal Alchemist, etc., which are all, exceptionally good.

Even I fell prey to this. I watched only the first 5 episodes of Chrno Crusade and thought ah what the hell I'll give this a pass. But after hearing some thoughts from Nuke I decided to give it a go and I'll tell you, I'm very glad I did. The whole story changed midway through, earlier comedic action I disliked was now replaced with much darker, much more serious one's and I got pulled in and could not let go.

Same with Elfen Lied. You have to finish the series to understand it. If you watch only episode one you'll see nothing more than a naked girl killing everything in her path in the most horific way you can imagine. But I'll tell you, come episode 7,8,9,10, you'll be feeling sympathy and I strong sense of understanding, not for all the innocent victims you've seen along the way, but for that killer herself.

That's what I like about good anime, it makes you think. It sometimes shows you that a person's good is not always that good and a person's bad is not always that bad. Is the right thing to do always the correct one? Does a good deed not have consequence? At the end of the day, was that consequence really woth it? These are just a few things anime touch upon. I have to salute the developers for their sense of understanding human emotion, really, I do.

That said no, not everything is guaranteed to be good and you'll often come accross your average **** around fun to watch anime serving no purpose other than to keep you entertained. But, if your gonna watch then watch. You'll see some good and you'll see some bad.

Remember though, OTC by example has a lot of anime on his hands and still a lot to get through. He can afford to pick and choose for now, so in that sense I understand him and support him, I would do it too if I had that many choices. But for beginners, I don't encourage doing that.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Kher-za wrote:Mezzo DSA wasnt that good, some good action in it but very disappointing towards the end.
To understand Mezzo DSA properly you have to have watched Mezzo Forte.
The problem with DSA was it was 13 standalone episodes, no storyline tying them together.
But good action and enjoyable IMO.
Synkronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Synkronos »

NuMetro also has a couple of anime titles licensed in SA, most notably Spirited Away. Although apparently it is a dubbed-only disk, I think my friend said. Well, there was something wrong with it, so that he says he will never buy NuMetro releases again.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
Kovu

greetings

Post by Kovu »

i love manga & anime but being in this country means that i'm deprived thus we resort to buttery anyone with something interresting:sly:
ichigo

new comer

Post by ichigo »

:twisted: Yes we are deprived especially in this country with anime
by the way i might have the anime you want :onfire:
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

jamin_za wrote: To understand Mezzo DSA properly you have to have watched Mezzo Forte.
The problem with DSA was it was 13 standalone episodes, no storyline tying them together.
But good action and enjoyable IMO.
ok so it wasnt all that bad, the first few episodes were okay but there wasnt much of a solid plot throughout the series that i could discover except for the barber dude.

Thanx for the update, i'm going to look for forte!
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Ok so good to see me not only hentai watcher here
Yup you're surely not, I've watch far to much the last 4 weeks myself :lol:

Ya as Rayne said dont judge on the first ep of a series, if people say its worth while watch the whole thing. If he says a series is good, you can take his word for it. He's the master of explaining anime story meanings :wink:

Btw Rayne, got the package last night, tnx man.

PS kher, Mezzo Forte is H :wink:
Kovu

Post by Kovu »

As a newbey i must say that i'm loving every sec of this but what some say i most disturbing such as who was it that said DBZ is betta than Naruto_it's all lies i tell i just saw the first season of Naruto ah! what dept unlike DBZ not to down it or what not since i am a big fan but alas but dbz was a bit dry with it's intrigue as we all knew that the Z warrior would just train go ti battle and start off as if they're winning while Goku did some extra training and when they start to lose Goku appears to kick the new punk's bottom but he seems to be doing it but is not powerfull enough then the fool of a punk trys to hurt his loved ones (how girly,yuk!) he screams and goes more further into the Sayan evo-chain gets new powers and astala vista baddy good while it lasted but what the f*** was GT to testament I did'nt even finish the sag even though i have it, so whom ever said that you'd betta take that... :twisted:
by the way anyone with InuYasha eps form #30 plus :stern:
ichigo

Post by ichigo »

Whoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! in the blues mind went to go say that DBZ is better than naruto i think that person should be taken off this
website if you really wnt to know what's the best anime around is my favourite and my from my view bleach which then comes naruto :thumbsup: :onfire: mr kovu what other cartoons do you have :?:
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

Nuke wrote:
PS kher, Mezzo Forte is H :wink:
pardon? :oops:

welcome to the forums kovu!

that said...pardon?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Cool.

I watched a glimpse of Body Transfer and ... bhahahahaha it's funny shyte!

"I can't do this to Yoshy-nee's body..." "I musn't do this to Yoshy-nee's body..."

Hehee, ja, if I'm gonna watch hentai then I prefer it comedic.

Anyways, where can we get a list of all titles licensed in SA by Ster-Kinekor and Nu-Metro? I think there should be like 20 at most...