Super 14

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Mechano

Super 14

Post by Mechano »

I reckon this deserves a new topic. I didn't find anything else like it except Super 12 stuff.

So, what do you guys think will happen in this years competition.

My opinion :
A South African team will win this year, just have a gut feeling, and it's going to be either the Stormers or Bulls.

And what do you guys think of the 5th Franchise, the Cheetahs. How will they fare, they are the Currie Cup Champs after all....

Can't wait for it to start.....
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Yeah, this is a good idea.

It's about time to start. The warm-up matches start next week, and then it's on.

As for the SA Teams winning: Nothing's impossible, but I doubt that either of those 2 teams will be the one to win. My head tells me that it will probably be a NZ team to win, and my heart says Sharks! :D

Anyway, I'm just moving this to the locker room where it belongs.
muffinman

Post by muffinman »

I'm a stormers fan (living in cape town and all) but I think that the cheetahs will preform the best! I honestly don't know why, just think that the lions have been keeping them back the last fee years!
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

muffinman wrote: I think that the cheetahs will preform the best! I honestly don't know why, just think that the lions have been keeping them back the last fee years!
You obviously have no clue!
muffinman wrote:I'm a stormers fan
This proves my previous statement

IMHO, Both unions were crippled because they were stuck in a side together
but if u can remember we did this because the NZ teams were doing the same and basically winning everything

I think both the Cats and Cheetas(dont know what thier super14 name is) Are unknown pakages this year, Maybe with some harmony in thier squads they might beable to do well this year

I hope all our sides do well this year
Good luck SA in the Super14
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

@dee - Cheethas name will remain just that for the S14. I wont venture so far as to say we'll win, but I predict at least a top 5 position for the states.

s
Last edited by Sojourn on 20 Jan 2006, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
g3ck0

Post by g3ck0 »

Bulls for teh win =)

Seriously though: Its going to be an interesting super 14 series! All the SA teams has the potential to do well, but like we all know: its never going to happen.

I think every team will lift their performances this year, as nobody want to be THE side thats going to be relegated in favour of the l33t ECape Spears...
Next year they can just as well just call it the Super 13 and give everybody 5 points from the start =)

Anyway,
I'll be routing for the bulls and cats/lions (to a lesser level)

GL to all the teams.
Athlon64 3700+ San Diego || DFI NF4 Sli-Dr || Chaintech 6600 GT || 80GB Seagate ATA100 || 2x512 Mushkin Redline XP4000 || Cooled by: VapoChill PE
Mechano

Post by Mechano »

Eastern Cape spears .... :stern:

Crazy these people @ SARFU must be. I mean honestly, the eastern cape isn't even playing in the Premier League of the Currie Cup. What's the use.

IMHO the Sharks are the ones that will have to drop out next year (based on current potential, dont get me wrong, they can ONLY improve) and they are the only team from SA ever to play in the Final of the Super 12. How ironic :?
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

If current form is anything to go by, The Southern Spears will be embarrassing to watch......just last week
they were beaten 40-odd nil by a second choice Cheetahs side <cringe>
Tomorrow it's the turn of The Lions.

Mechano, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the Spears will be playing [providing Cannon Fodder] in the Currie Cup this year.

I hope that SARU sees sense and changes it's mind, but I don't see it happening.

Maybe people will turn up to watch the SpearLeaders perform? :wink:
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

I am supporting the Bulls, Sharks and Cats. I am not sure about the Cheetas but I think they are tough and will probably end like 8 - 5 th.
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...
Mechano

Post by Mechano »

Well, if this weekend's results are anything to go by, then my team (The Stormers) are in for a rought ride. They actually lost, at Newlands, to the Bulls by something like 44-13. I read in the papers they played propery for 40 minuntes though.

*sigh* - If it weren't for the Springboks I'd never be able to support a winning team it seems... :cry:
muffinman

Post by muffinman »

Mechano wrote:Well, if this weekend's results are anything to go by, then my team (The Stormers) are in for a rought ride. They actually lost, at Newlands, to the Bulls by something like 44-13. I read in the papers they played propery for 40 minuntes though.

*sigh* - If it weren't for the Springboks I'd never be able to support a winning team it seems... :cry:
No worry's mate! It's the start of the season! we'll come back with a bang!!!!
Law

Post by Law »

As long as the stormers lose i dont care who wins
Mechano

Post by Mechano »

muffinman wrote:
Mechano wrote:Well, if this weekend's results are anything to go by, then my team (The Stormers) are in for a rought ride. They actually lost, at Newlands, to the Bulls by something like 44-13. I read in the papers they played propery for 40 minuntes though.

No worry's mate! It's the start of the season! we'll come back with a bang!!!!
Truly, MADLY, deeply I hope so!!!
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Mechano wrote:IMHO the Sharks are the ones that will have to drop out next year (based on current potential, dont get me wrong, they can ONLY improve) and they are the only team from SA ever to play in the Final of the Super 12. How ironic
And you get this How?
It is quite clear from history that you can't really judge a side on the previous year's performance.
I'm usually quite open minded on things, but Dropping the Sharks for the spears? You must be High! 8O
I'm not saying this because I'm a sharks fan, but damn son, what are you smoking. The spears can hardly even beat any of the B-devision Local sides, let alone ACT or The Crusaders.

You're right. The sharks have been the only SA side in a S12 Final. And don't you forget it.*

*Note. The Transvaal (yes, the old side) Actually WON the first Super 10 in 1993. What have the Cats done since?

*sigh* - If it weren't for the Springboks I'd never be able to support a winning team it seems...
Coming from the one who just said that the Sharks are the worst team in the S14 :?
muffinman wrote:...No worry's mate! It's the start of the season! we'll come back with a bang!!!!
Only a true Stormer will think that way. :P
muffinman

Post by muffinman »

Hi! The Super 14 is almost under way!

Here's a link to rugby365 fantasy rugby. register and choose your team for each week. i have started a conference.

the conference name E3 and the code 1353_106811

http://fantasy.rugby365.com/index.php
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Well Friday is D-DAY!

check this link out for all Super14 news and views
www.super14.com

I was looking at the squad of the Cats and its looking good, quite a few impact players are back from Injury

Take a look

Cats Super 14 Squad
Conrad Jantjes, Earl Rose, Aswhin Willemse, Wylie Human, Grant Esterhuizen, Jaque Fourie, Wayne Julies, Doppies la Grange, Dewey Swartbooi, Jorrie Muller, Tiaan Snyman, Enrico Januarie, Dave von Hoesslin, Russell Winter, Cobus Grobbelaar, Wikus van Heerden, Ernest Joubert, Roland Barnard, Gerhard Vosloo, Gordon Gilfillan, Willem Stolz, Jannes Labushagne, Trevor Hall, Bertus Smith, Daniel Muller, Lucas van Biljon, James van der Walt, Lawrence Sephaka, Pietman van Niekerk.

Looking good except for one posistion... Fly half... Hope Andre Pretoruis gets fit quickly, But hes definately out for the game against the stormers over the weekend

VIVA CATS!!!!!
FuNkYmOnKy

Post by FuNkYmOnKy »

I seriosly doubt the Cheetahs will win, I mean it took them more than 20 years to win the Currie Cup.
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Mwahahahahaha!

Revenge is Sweet......!

Seriously, though Hougaardt needs direction in his kicking duties.......

A victory for us Bulls Supporters but not an impressive one, I feel.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Cats are a bunch of losers this year again by the looks of things.... Hmm wonder what channel the yuksie is on
borno

Post by borno »

Although the bulls won, I think Hougaardt still played like his bottom… I mean, he had like a whole year to practice...
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Firstly, well done to the Sharks! Hopefully they keep playing like that all season... Ruan Pienaar is truly going to be a great player! And AJ and Percy played damn well too!

Secondly, Hougaard always plays like an bottom cos he is one! :lol:
borno

Post by borno »

ryanrich wrote:Firstly, well done to the Sharks! Hopefully they keep playing like that all season... Ruan Pienaar is truly going to be a great player! And AJ and Percy played damn well too!

Secondly, Hougaard always plays like an bottom cos he is one! :lol:
I will not argue with that... But I also hope that the bulls do better. Sharks are always better in super 12/14 than curry cup, it’s a faster game I guess.
Mechano

Post by Mechano »

I actually think our teams didn't play bad at all last weekend. The Cats of course were once again disastrous, but nevertheless, I think it was ok for a first weekend of rugby. I just hope the guys can keep up and even STEP up. It's only getting harder from here.

I'm going to Newlands 2morrow to watch the game. Lekka evening game, but I'll be on the Grootte Schuur Rugby pitch from 10 tomorrow morning, warming up as they say.....

8) 8)
Law

Post by Law »

The Brumbies beat the Bulls

Yippe.

MAY THE CHEESE BE WITH YOU!
{PK} Law
borno

Post by borno »

Law wrote:The Brumbies beat the Bulls

Yippe.
lets not talk about it... :cry: