Your thoughts on this country

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

Ok, every one knows that clowns are stupid. So that doesn't count. ;)
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
amdretard

Post by amdretard »

first of all this thread has been very interesting read.
I have somethings to comment stroke add

MY dads company is an international company which due to the AA invention in employment chioces have chosen to bring in guys from overseas to fill in the key positions and now my dad who sould be next in line is being kept at the same place and been moved around sideways not up

The guys coming in are 5 -10 years younger than my dad who has been in the company for 10 years. Also most of their Secretaries have been laid off and been replaced with colour ones which is fine but nor right I think the quota is wrong but if a place needs to be filled due to a person leaving then replace them with a person of color

My dad for the last 2 years has been dealing with a business risk secotr of his business. OVersea places like cameroon and nigeria where my dads company has offices also have similiar systems and the company has been very willing to obey until last year where every two weeks my dad was called to come and investgate eithier a fraud case or a incompentent person doing the job
In one case the bank reconcilations had not been done for the last 8 months. The books went to the auditors and they asked for the bank recons and the FD found out (who by the way should of signed after checking them ) about this and 4 people were fired and guess what not replaced with locals but with expats woh could do the job right
In the africa secto r of the business there was 11 fraud cases and 3 **** ups with the running of the business people got fired and replaced with expats
I may have just condicted my self but what i am saying is these locals which are used to fill up the quota are seen as risks to the owners and if they **** up people higher up get nailed by the owners saying how can theyt put incompentent locals in and are forced to put expats in which costs the company 3 times as much

i ma not saying whether the system is right or wrong just shredding some light on a international companys views
My friends think i need a life. What do you think?
Ark
Processor: E4400
Graphics card: 8800GTX
Memory: 4GB DDR2

Post by Ark »

Android wrote: of cause not it's not you on the street
Homeless children are another issue we just have to live with. I agree 100% with 1Gor on that one. Its not our problem. Android, it's not your problem either. It's their own problem. 80% of homeless children are on the street, because they choose to be. They choose to abandon all their responsibilities and to live on the street. Believe me, there are people out there trying to take them off the streets, but it's hopeless. You can take them to a home and everything will be fine - only for the first few days. The moment they realize that they will have to go back to school and follow some sort of rutine (spelling, I know), they flee - back to the streets begging and mugging tourists.

19% of homeless children (and this is a sad one one) are on the streets, because of their parents. The parents send them to the streets to beg. You can send them home, but the parents will only send them back to the streets to beg again.

1% of homeless children are on the street are orphans and those who ran away from home because of scummy parents who beat their children. These are the only street-kids who are willing to be helped.
16-bit Corpse
Spoiler: (show)
I like scrota.
WolfMistress
Permanently Banned

Post by WolfMistress »

u people talk too much...
./\__/\.This iS WolF, wOlf Help
{ o 0 }BunNy to DomInaTe
..\.*./..WorLd
{'') (''}*~~mistress of the Pride~~*
Ark
Processor: E4400
Graphics card: 8800GTX
Memory: 4GB DDR2

Post by Ark »

@ wolf - nice av :)
16-bit Corpse
Spoiler: (show)
I like scrota.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

wolfie we have to do something when were bored @ work :wink:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

simple solution to SA's (and the worlds) problems: legalize the usage and distribution of certain herbal products :wink: :twisted:
~~*Head of the Druidic Council of the Pride of Darkness*~~
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
Android

Post by Android »

Arkonin wrote:
Android wrote: of cause not it's not you on the street
Homeless children are another issue we just have to live with. I agree 100% with 1Gor on that one. Its not our problem. Android, it's not your problem either. It's their own problem. 80% of homeless children are on the street, because they choose to be. They choose to abandon all their responsibilities and to live on the street. Believe me, there are people out there trying to take them off the streets, but it's hopeless. You can take them to a home and everything will be fine - only for the first few days. The moment they realize that they will have to go back to school and follow some sort of rutine (spelling, I know), they flee - back to the streets begging and mugging tourists.

19% of homeless children (and this is a sad one one) are on the streets, because of their parents. The parents send them to the streets to beg. You can send them home, but the parents will only send them back to the streets to beg again.

1% of homeless children are on the street are orphans and those who ran away from home because of scummy parents who beat their children. These are the only street-kids who are willing to be helped.
Arkonin I might not agree with you on all you have said here but I will respect your views.
I believe that 1% of homeless kids disserve my effort, maybe yours too?
thats all i have to say on this subject :)
\\\\\\\" irc.darkhaven.org.za \\\\\\\"
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Anakha56 wrote:
jamin_za wrote: Not addressing the wrongs of the past and marginalising the vast majority of people in this country is recipe for genocide.
Remember Rwanda?
It's a catch 22 situatiuon - damned if you do and damned if you dont.
jamin im just going to have a little dab at you for this post. do you think its right to punish the white children of that erra aka myself and every other person born in the year of 198* because of the crimes of our forefathers?
I dont think it's right.
But then I dont think what your forefathers did was right either, and the plain fact is that all you children of the 80's and 90's have profited from what they they did, whether you wanted to or not.
This world is not perfect....
brabham wrote:For the record I am a coloured male.
For the record, so am I :D

To the whole school of:
BLACK PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THE I.Q NEEDED TO RUN A COUNTRY
I think there are thousands of white people in this county wearing new South Africa masks, but secretly wishing that they could bring back the Apartheid era, where the darkies knew their place and the country was run by the white man.
I may not agree with your statements, but I will at least respect you for having the guts to say whats on your mind.
I wish you lot, and the rest of the Boeremag much bad luck in your endevours.
Belix

Post by Belix »

ouch. this topic has gone rather sour. Still Africa does not have to many shining examples of good governance. Why I don't really know. I do not however think for one moment that it is because their countries where 'decimated' by colonisation. Just look across our border. Old Zim was the breadbasket of africa for many years. One old idiot gets into power and would rather let the country starve then release his grip. I don't get it, really I don't.

| Intel C2D E7300 | Asus Striker Extreme | CL X-Fi ME | Asus 8800GTS | Aopen 700W |
| 2*Seagate 1TB Raid | Samsung 2232GW 22" LCD | Team Extreem 2GB DDR2 800 |
WolfMistress
Permanently Banned

Post by WolfMistress »

@Arkonin - thanx
@Anakha - oh, i have to do something when im at home while im "supposed" to study for chemistry

while we r talkin about the state of our country i might as well add that tellkom sucks...
{ o 0 }BunNy to DomInaTe
..\.*./..WorLd
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Android wrote:
Arkonin wrote:I usually avoid threads like this, but I can't ignore this one.

Please understand that I'm not a racist, but a realist.

They say that South Africa is alive with change. They say that South Africa has a bright future. I disagree with those statements. South Africa is going in the same direction the rest of Africa went. The apartheid era is coming back, only this time the whites are in the $hit.

The way I see it, they (the government) are trying to get rid of us (white people). Farm attacks are so common, that you don't even hear about it on the news anymore. I've heard something about a new law which limits farmers from their fire-arms. (my grammar sucks, I know) The only only reason the death sentence was taken away, is because most of the ANC would be dead right now. Anyway, back on topic: I read in the newspaper that two black men broke into a 71 year old woman's house to see what valubals they could steal. The one found the other on top of the old woman and asked him what he was doing. The responce was "I'm raping her because she is white" How sick can you get? This is the lowest I've ever heard of.

Right, this country is going to hell. My mother says that if the whites never came to Africa, they wouldn't even have known the wheel yet. If I was black, I would have been very thankfull for the white people.

As I was saying, this country's future is as grimm as Zimbabwe and the rest of Africa. As long as there still are white people left here, this country is okay. I'm really sorry to say this. I apologize if I'm offending anyone here, but I need to say this.
BLACK PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THE I.Q NEEDED TO RUN A COUNTRY . Look at the rest of Africa. South Africa will soon have a taste of poverty.

If this came off as racistic, then I apologise.
It's the mentality of people like you and other poster on the thread, who don't have a freakin clue as to what life is about or the hardships that other people go thru on a daily bases. Let me put a question to you (or all)
We all Bit3h and moan about how k*k our country is, but yet the ones who are bitching are the ones with internet accesses, a job, a supporting family, a house, food, a freakin future. Ungrateful bunch of sods. Thing that pisses me off the most is people complaining about their neighbors playing music to late at night because they want to study, what about the little 10year old on the street with no parents, no food, no place to stay, no internet access, no chance to study. Who'll hear the ten year old cry or complain?? no one
I like the way the previous people have responded to your post, but they have left out one important factor: You are contradicting yourself!

I started this topic, becuase this country has some serious problems, which the government is unwilling to solve, and hence it most likely will never be solved.

Do not not have the RIGHT to study in peace and quiet? Do I not have the RIGHT to enjoy resting at my house peacefully without scum disturbing the silence or having to worry about the security of my household?
So I am ungrateful just because there are people less fortunate than me?
That is shallow and STOOPIT! The government officials livge much better off than us, yet they don't give a shyte!

For your information, we believe in giving to charity, and we do! I feel sorry for the street kids, but most of the time, they are the ones who screw things up for themselves.

Now you are saying I dont have a clue about the hardships? Well, WTF does that have to do with this thread? You contradicted yourself, because the government not taking care of the street kids is another things that is wrong with this country. I causes more crime, and suffering. That is another reason why this country is falling to the gutters!

Remember when we had some international conference in durban at the ICC one or two years ago? The government decided to take all the street kids and drop them off far from durban, so that it would take 3 days for them to get back! How scum is that? Its not our faults that the street kids suffer, it is the governments fault, you see?
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

jamin_za wrote:
Anakha56 wrote:
jamin_za wrote: Not addressing the wrongs of the past and marginalising the vast majority of people in this country is recipe for genocide.
Remember Rwanda?
It's a catch 22 situatiuon - damned if you do and damned if you dont.
jamin im just going to have a little dab at you for this post. do you think its right to punish the white children of that erra aka myself and every other person born in the year of 198* because of the crimes of our forefathers?
I dont think it's right.
But then I dont think what your forefathers did was right either, and the plain fact is that all you children of the 80's and 90's have profited from what they they did, whether you wanted to or not.
This world is not perfect....
What about the Holocaust? Are the Jews today making Germany suffer? NO! Its not the fault of the current generation of germans for what happened, its their arsewipe forefathers.
Germany is a prospering country who are not being punished today for what happened.

Now why should us whites in SA be punished for what WE DIDNT DO?
That attitude is much worse than what you consider about my attitude of *whiney whine whines*.

When I was a kid, I always liked the ANC and supported black people. I thought apartheid was the most F'ed up thing ever. But AA is as bad. Why?

Well consider that foreign black people have more rights than local white people... HOW RASCIST IS THAT? Now you expect all white people to be all "iRainbow nation" etc? Giving a zimbabwean preferance in jobs over a local white man is just going overboard with AA. THAT is the gripe I have with AA.
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

From the sublime............to the ridiculous....:blush:

I think I'd like this country a bit more if fast Internet Access was dirt cheap as it is in some other countries......... ;)
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
WolfMistress
Permanently Banned

Post by WolfMistress »

supertwit wrote:From the sublime............to the ridiculous....:blush:

I think I'd like this country a bit more if fast Internet Access was dirt cheap as it is in some other countries......... ;)
i thought i was the only one :x
internet is pissing me off:
since ur all talkin soooo much:

i believe this country is wasted
i believe fools who think its all gonna be better again should wake up and smell the coffee
i believe all of us should just f***off oversea and let the rest of the crackholes who are running this country eat each other. :twisted:
{ o 0 }BunNy to DomInaTe
..\.*./..WorLd
muffinman

Post by muffinman »

i think every1 is spot-on!!! but think about it this way... if the death penalty was still "alive" (can't think of the right word) this country would rule!!!! botswana has the death penalty and their pula is stronger than the rand!? and if think that the death penalty is cruel and not right.... WE'LL OPEN YOUR EYES!! IT HAPPENS EVERY DAY! Unfortunatley (spelling mistake) not through the goverment but by the citizens!!! AN EYE FOR AN EYE
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Zell_D wrote: What about the Holocaust? Are the Jews today making Germany suffer?
No, they are making Palestine suffer, but I wont go into that.
Zell_D wrote: Now why should us whites in SA be punished for what WE DIDNT DO?
Because the imbalances created by Apartheid need to be corrected.
Do you have a better way of doing it than AA? Lets hear it?
Your rich-get-richer scheme of even-stevens treatment for the previously disadvanted blacks and previously advantaged whites is not going to happen.
Zell_D wrote: When I was a kid, I always liked the ANC and supported black people.
I must remember to thank you sometime.
Zell_D wrote: Well consider that foreign black people have more rights than local white people... Giving a zimbabwean preferance in jobs over a local white man is just going overboard with AA. THAT is the gripe I have with AA.
I have never heard of this happening.
Please show me documentation. If you can prove this, I will concede that it is a gross violation of the rights of SA citizens.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

jamin_za wrote:
Zell_D wrote: What about the Holocaust? Are the Jews today making Germany suffer?
No, they are making Palestine suffer, but I wont go into that.
Err...no!
Jamin wrote:
Zell_D wrote: Well consider that foreign black people have more rights than local white people... Giving a zimbabwean preferance in jobs over a local white man is just going overboard with AA. THAT is the gripe I have with AA.
I have never heard of this happening.
Please show me documentation. If you can prove this, I will concede that it is a gross violation of the rights of SA citizens.
[/quote]

We learnt this at school, and it is "general knowledge", as in we all talk about it and its common knowledge, I wouldnt know where to find documentation if this.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Zell_D wrote: We learnt this at school, and it is "general knowledge", as in we all talk about it and its common knowledge, I wouldnt know where to find documentation if this.
Common to you, but news to me.
I would still like to see documentation, if you come across it, send it my way.
But seriously, that is not on!
Jobs in SA are for South Africans.
If they cant find a suitable black candidate for an AA post, then give whitey a chance.
That is abuse of a system setup to help disadvantaged South Africans, not the african masses fleeing the tinpot dictators they helped put in power.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Yeah, I will really try find a link to that. You can maybve try as well. I'll go ask my friends if they know of an online article about that.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Thats so typical, actually.
You take a stand to defend a system you beleive is doing some good.
Then you find out some moran somewhere is abusing it.
One of the reasons I love africa is the creative ways people find to corrupt stuff.

Edit: I still think AA is better than any proposed alternative
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

jamin_za wrote:Thats so typical, actually.
You take a stand to defend a system you beleive is doing some good.
Then you find out some moran somewhere is abusing it.
One of the reasons I love africa is the creative ways people find to corrupt stuff.

Edit: I still think AA is better than any proposed alternative
:lol: Pwned?
ANyways, for interests sake, what were some of the other alternatives?
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

I beleive "One settler, one bullet" was a populare suggestion in the mid-ninties......

There were some radical suggestions for "redistribution" - not unlike uncle bob's land reform acts that worked out do well.

You must understand AA is not a South African concept.
It has been used in other African countries, the UK and US with varying degrees of success.
I wont say we are a shining example of the success of AA, because I will admit on a lot of levels it has done more harm than good.
But it helped facilitate a government/regime change that could have turned out to be very ugly.
Last edited by hamin_aus on 21 Nov 2005, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

jamin_za wrote:I beleive "One settler, one bullet" was a populare suggestion in the mid-ninties......

There were some radical suggestions for "redistribution" - not unlike uncle bob's land reform acts that worked out do well.

You must understand AA is not a South African concept.
It has been used in other African countries, the UK and US with varying degrees of success.
Yeah, but it works much better (and fairly) in the US than here.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

I made this an edit in my previous post, but I guess I can repost it here:

I wont say we are a shining example of the success of AA, because I will admit on a lot of levels it has done more harm than good.
But it helped facilitate a government/regime change that could have turned out to be very ugly.