What is the point of this site?

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
QBM

What is the point of this site?

Post by QBM »

I have read the forums and the "front page" but still don't really get it.
The format is odd and hardly "merchandisable" (front page). I did see a link to a mag which I'm bottomuming is the point with a hot chick on the cover but was dissappointed when I clicked and didn't get the "big picture";)

of course I'm just here to assimilate you all anyway...........but I am curious.
QBM

Post by QBM »

....at the word filter. :roll: (Lancelot)
Survivor

Post by Survivor »

WTF!
QBM

Post by QBM »

Survivor wrote:WTF!
keep in mind I'm just an ignorant american.
Android

Post by Android »

You know QBM drinking your bath water is not good for ones mind, so please stop it :)
\\\\\\\" irc.darkhaven.org.za \\\\\\\"
QBM

Post by QBM »

Android wrote:You know QBM drinking your bath water is not good for ones mind, so please stop it :)
You shall be assimlilated and partake of the sacred bath water. Repent now...................

seriously....wtf is the point/origin of this site?
Survivor

Post by Survivor »

dude, u'll do us a major favor in just leaving. So collect ur crap and go bombard another forum with those ridiculous questions... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Get moving!
QBM

Post by QBM »

Survivor wrote:dude, u'll do us a major favor in just leaving. So collect ur crap and go bombard another forum with those ridiculous questions... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Get moving!
Wow...just fvcking wow...................

As for leaving I would if everyone on here was a childish aol speak typing tard with a lack of spelling and grammar skills like yourself. Luckily for this forum they kept you locked in a closet while the grown folk rolled out the welcome wagon......

and it was a serious question.
Android

Post by Android »

Survivor wrote:dude, u'll do us a major favor in just leaving. So collect ur crap and go bombard another forum with those ridiculous questions... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Get moving!
Survivor thats not a nice thing to say, why don't you switch off your pc untill you are big enough to understand why am calling you a dumbas$ :)
\\\\\\\" irc.darkhaven.org.za \\\\\\\"
Bio-Hazard

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Firstly, I am dissapointed with the more "local" members of this forum. An American dude joins the forum and wants to know what it's about. And you go and flame him for being understandably ignorant. I thought this forum wasn't like that. Maybe I'm missing something. I don't know.

Secondly, QBM, I am not defending you. I think your manners suck. Go and read some of the forum rules to see how to behave around here, especially flaming a site that obviously doesn't suck too much since you already have almost 90 posts.
And to answer your question, read some threads or just look at the thread topics to get an idea of what it's about. As for the mag you tried to click on. It's a well known PC mag where we live. most of the articles you see on this site are in the mag.
QBM

Post by QBM »

Bio-Hazard wrote:Firstly, I am dissapointed with the more "local" members of this forum. An American dude joins the forum and wants to know what it's about. And you go and flame him for being understandably ignorant. I thought this forum wasn't like that. Maybe I'm missing something. I don't know.

Secondly, QBM, I am not defending you. I think your manners suck. Go and read some of the forum rules to see how to behave around here, especially flaming a site that obviously doesn't suck too much since you already have almost 90 posts.
And to answer your question, read some threads or just look at the thread topics to get an idea of what it's about. As for the mag you tried to click on. It's a well known PC mag where we live. most of the articles you see on this site are in the mag.
Flaming the site? A little defensive aren't we? It was simply my perspective on the site. I know what the site is about but it took far too long for it to click. Get it?

90 post. LOL. Did you bother reading the topics they are posted under? Also it doesn't take me long to make 90 post and at no time do I have to venture to any other part of the site. For the record I have many more post on sites that do indeed suck.
Bio-Hazard

Post by Bio-Hazard »

QBM wrote:
Flaming the site? A little defensive aren't we? It was simply my perspective on the site. I know what the site is about but it took far too long for it to click. Get it?

90 post. LOL. Did you bother reading the topics they are posted under? Also it doesn't take me long to make 90 post and at no time do I have to venture to any other part of the site. For the record I have many more post on sites that do indeed suck.
Ok, I see. This thread may have been your 1st post. Anyway, your perspective on the site doesn't matter. Some of us like it the way it is.

I've seen a couple of your posts popping up. Hope you keep it up and stick around for a bit. I'm starting to take a liking to your attitude.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Bio-Hazard wrote:Firstly, I am dissapointed with the more "local" members of this forum. An American dude joins the forum and wants to know what it's about. And you go and flame him for being understandably ignorant. I thought this forum wasn't like that. Maybe I'm missing something. I don't know.

Agree why speak of something you will never understand QBM.
We at PCF forums we aren't just a bunch or girls/boys chatting we are a big PCF family here but most of all we are south african and were doing it the south african way of things of this forum.
Survivor

Post by Survivor »

I totally agree with Wizard there regarding the SA way!

I wasnt trying to create a confusion here earlier on, but common ppl......it was obvious that QBM was trying to cause **** here by asking such a crappy sarcastic question! "Whats the point to this site?" Dude....it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure its a forum where a bunch of ppl with the same interest get together to chat.

Anyways, to all those who thought I was rather rude earlier...my apologies
QBM

Post by QBM »

Survivor wrote:I totally agree with Wizard there regarding the SA way!

I wasnt trying to create a confusion here earlier on, but common ppl......it was obvious that QBM was trying to cause **** here by asking such a crappy sarcastic question! "Whats the point to this site?" Dude....it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure its a forum where a bunch of ppl with the same interest get together to chat.

Did I mention only the forum?

Anyway......so this is just one of the eleventy billion tech forums?

Was there a little sarcasm in there? Sure...........
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

But, how many South African tech forums are there? That's the point of this site, it's for South Africans.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

No need for the apology. :wink:

Lets ask QBM a pointless question.

@QBM What are your really doing here? :twisted:

We respect any outsider/outlander and welcome them to PCF but so far you've made it impossible to do so.Never fear you can always start again and make nice a good start would be the rules and dropping the spelling B act no ones cares on this forum if you can spell or not however they might point out our mistakes but they don't try and make fun of it.
QBM

Post by QBM »

wizardofid wrote:

No need for the apology. :wink:

Lets ask QBM a pointless question.

@QBM What are your really doing here? :twisted:

We respect any outsider/outlander and welcome them to PCF but so far you've made it impossible to do so.Never fear you can always start again and make nice a good start would be the rules and dropping the spelling B act no ones cares on this forum if you can spell or not however they might point out our mistakes but they don't try and make fun of it.
What am I doing here? Asking a question.

Spelling B act? If I get "flamed" I expect it to be done properly.

I've made 90+ post here and with the exception of the ones in this thread and the thread that brought me here I haven't had anyone express that I was unwelcome.............
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

I've got an answer to that: he/she's trying to cause **** - and thinks that he/she/it knows better/more than everyone else. I mean who comes to a site as a relative newbie and starts complaining? I doubt you could do any better... Hell, just compare the UK PCF site with this one, and tell me which one's better?

Oh, and lets see your site? Any good? THought not...
QBM

Post by QBM »

Creator wrote:I've got an answer to that: he/she's trying to cause **** - and thinks that he/she/it knows better/more than everyone else. I mean who comes to a site as a relative newbie and starts complaining? I doubt you could do any better...
Complaining? I asked a question. If I asked anywhere else I wouldn't get this ****** I would get something along the lines of:

"This is a site/ forums for the readers of "*******" a magazine in circulation in "*******" We don't do a lot of promotion on our forum or main page because the people who come to the site are usually come here after reading the mag. Yeah the online content is a little sparce but we are constantly adding to it. As for the format there is a limited budget and not a lot you can do with phpnuke and phpBB. Any other questions?.

of course that would be mixed in with a couple "stfu noob".

oh and keep doubting..........................
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

Oh, well, I guess you aren't wearing your glasses - otherwise you might have seen the headings and titles and pics all over the place: "ENTERTAINMENT 3.0 - PC FORMAT - NET PLUS: Forums"

Sheesh.

Anyway, here goes:

This is a brilliant site dedicated, but not limited to, the readers of PC Format, netPlus and T3. Anybody is free to come here and post sensible comments and opinions. As for content; if you are interested in any of the programs or games detailed on this site, just buy our magazine which - just by the way - comes with a free DVD full of stuff.

Anyway, now you're criticising phpNuke?? Come on! Have you ever even worked with phpBB or phpNuke yourself??
QBM

Post by QBM »

Creator wrote:Oh, well, I guess you aren't wearing your glasses - otherwise you might have seen the headings and titles and pics all over the place: "ENTERTAINMENT 3.0 - PC FORMAT - NET PLUS: Forums"

Sheesh.

Anyway, here goes:

This is a brilliant site dedicated, but not limited to, the readers of PC Format, netPlus and T3. Anybody is free to come here and post sensible comments and opinions.

Anyway, now you're criticising phpNuke?? Come on! Have you ever even worked with phpBB or phpNuke yourself??
Remember....I've never heard of any of those.

and yes one of my forums is phpBB and I'm quite familiar with phpNuke.
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

Care to share the URL so we can evaluate?
QBM

Post by QBM »

Creator wrote:Care to share the URL so we can evaluate?
it isn't kid friendly;)

and with the hostility I wouldn't if it was.
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

It isn't kid friendly... As if.

And in case you haven't noticed, you might actually alleviate some of the hostility by proving yourself.