New anime.. and manga

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

Does anyone buy from Anime worx in Jozi?
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...
Futs

Post by Futs »

My friend Tiza I think he's got shares or something, cos everytime he buys they give him some free crap,
I must admit he's got quite a collection of posters and figurines
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I bought stuff from them last mth. The oke there Trevor helped me pick. Took 2 days for delivery. Their supposed to have the pricelist on their website but I see it's still not, just email them requesting it & they'll send it 2 you. Note some of their stuff they'll have 2 import for you, but their collection's still 50 times larger than animedirect, & cheaper 2 (R150.00 less on the Eva boxset by example). I saw some1 complaining that their stuff aint legit but I don't see why. The items I got was all originally boxed & sealed in plastic. So I'm definately buying from them again. The service is good & they know their stuff. Told me I should wait coz the GITS: Stand Alone Complex collection's almost dubbed completed, so within a mth or so we may be able 2 buy the whole boxset. So many stuff I wanna get... Can't believe I've been sleeping all this time...

Anyways I'm still sitting on 137Mb of my 1st torrent. :cry: Don't recomend downloading eps on 56k... Telkom had better wake-up & install ADSL here where I stay like they said they will next mth!

Any1 here like anime music vids? I found this last night : www.animemusicvideos.org

@ dBss : Give us links 2 your news bits so we can bookmark iot check for more please.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Just read this mth's LO Mag. See a live Neon Genesis Evangelion movie is in the works. Hmmm, should be interesting 2 see what the Eva vs Angel battles looks like, they are huge afterall. Kids will be playing the pilots, understandably so, although none has yet been casted. I'll keep an eye on this 1...

James Cameron's busy with a live Battle Angel Alita movie 2. Main character will apparantly be fully CGI, like I-Robot. His a brilliant diretor, so it sounds promising.
jee

Post by jee »

Rayne, just been to Exclusive in the Pav... and got a magic book on anime and manga... and about R1000 worth of manga... they are starting to stock fairly nice manga (not just the Batman Graphical comics). Even found some more Mecha :) There are also some great books on teaching how to draw the Manga. :D
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
daBoss

Post by daBoss »

Rayne sorry pal i would love to do that but certain things u just gonna have to trust me on.
Intel 2.13 Ghz Core 2 Duo
MSI P35 Neo 3
2Gig Transcent DDR2 800
320gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Maxtor
512MB 8800GT XFX
Asus SATA DvDWriter
600w PSU
Coolermaster Cavalier
Dual Display 22\\\" & 17\\\"
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

wow, i first heard of Ghost In The Shell when i played it on playstation many many years ago, you got to pilot one of the AI robots, tachikoma or something, pretty cool.

is there a place in Ct that sells Anime? preferable legit, i'd like to show it off to my friends ;)

if not, will anime worx mail the stuff to CT?

@ Rayne, GIT:SAC has been dubbed!? sweet breath of saint mary, i really have to get it! i have the season after SAC, havent watched it yet, also have Innocence but it's subtitled. watching GITS with subtitles can be really confusing and you miss a lot of the story, no offence but some of the translators arent that good. some eps have subtitles missing so i have to use SKILL and hear what they are saying.

i'd like to get GITS:SAC and Hellsing on dubbed, i'd stretch my pocket to get those to series!

Full Metal Panic isn't high on my agenda, it's ok but i prefer macross way more.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

I also heard they're making an Eva PS2 game. That also will be interesting.

And also does anyone know where I can download the final episode for Evangelion. I have the First part "Air" but need the second part. Even if its in subtitles.
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

if you are in Ct then it shouldn't be that hard to find at a lan, havent watched evangelion in a long time. there are 2 alternative ending episodes, both are english. i'm not sure where you can download them but i'll find out for you.

i'm not certain how the episodes are arranged, are you speaking of where the city is invaded by the human forces after the EVA defeat the final Angel?
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

Moses_Reloaded wrote: And also does anyone know where I can download the final episode for Evangelion. I have the First part "Air" but need the second part. Even if its in subtitles.
try this for evangelion, apparently the quality isn't so good but its the only place i could find, they should have all the alternative endings, in case not i'm sorry.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

You cannot pull Evangelion guys. It's licensed! It's not supposed 2 be on Torrent site's! & if you can you shouldn't. Download unlicensed stuff.

@ Moses_Reloaded : The ending is a bit of a twister mate, not really what you'd expect. I got both Death & Rebirth & The End Of Evangelion in bundle from AnimeWorx, closing the series.

@ Kher-za : Yep that's the 1. They came 2 end not by Angels, but by Eva's. Asuka defeated the 9 Eva 2's within a minute yet could not kill them, no cord so she ran out of power. She died after she was speared by the Lance, a sad & really amazing battle. Ray returned 2 Lilith & well, the rest you just gonna have 2 watch guys. Oh & ja GITS: SAC should be dubbed completed soon. AnimeWorx doesn't have it listed yet, so it's not done, but they said soon.
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

Rayne wrote:Oh & ja GITS: SAC should be dubbed completed soon. AnimeWorx doesn't have it listed yet, so it's not done, but they said soon.
GITS - SAC is one of the best anime I have seen in a long time, I also have the OST. I can't wait to put my GITS boxset next to my S-CRY-ED boxset. Also I can't wait for the rest of GITS - SAC 2 to be fully released so far only a few subbed eps have come out...
In The Name Of God,Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation,Amen
SoulErazor

Post by SoulErazor »

Oh yeah, a few boxsets I've got to order still are Hellsing (next), Full Metal Panic, GITS - SAC (obviously) & one of my all time favs is VanDread.
In The Name Of God,Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation,Amen
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Yeah I still need 2 get s-CRY-ed. Didn't buy anything new yet.

PS : If any1 here didn't watch Neon Genesis Evangelion yet this brilliantly fan-made music video may just speed things up a bit. It feats character profiles for Ikari Shinji & Souryu Asuka Langley. It's quite dramatic & the song Numb / Linkin Park suits Shinji just right. Definately a must see:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=33427

You can safely join here iot download guys, it's safe & spam-free. Check it out.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Hey SoulErazor isn't that Alucard from Hellsing in your Avie?
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

Any one know what Bleach is about. My freind has just got it and says it's quite good.
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

it's about people fighting dead souls, i've only watched a few episodes, it looked pretty cool.

there are certain friendly spirits/people that can summon a sword that can harm evil or tainted souls, it's their mission to send lost souls to heaven. i think it's a good watch but i didn't see all the episodes.
Futs

Post by Futs »

Its awesome what are you guys on about, hear by the 20th episode upwards things get really interesting.

Its so cool when he has to go after Rukia *sigh* please come ep25
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

i guess it's time to get some new anime, recently freed up about 40gb of space, anime beckons...
dammod

Post by dammod »

wot do u guys do with anime???? just....look at it?!
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

some of us collect it, some of us watch it and seek inspiration, some of us relate to certain characters...all in all i have to say that i find it hard to delete my anime, so it just stacks up and up...

i'm looking to buy a dvd collection soon, but if there is any series i want then it's VanDread...man oh man...still looking for the final 11 episodes of season 2.
simmy

Post by simmy »

dammod wrote:wot do u guys do with anime???? just....look at it?!
We watch it! :roll: Then we bake. :oops:
Futs

Post by Futs »

Kher-za wrote:some of us collect it, some of us watch it and seek inspiration, some of us relate to certain characters...all in all i have to say that i find it hard to delete my anime, so it just stacks up and up...

i'm looking to buy a dvd collection soon, but if there is any series i want then it's VanDread...man oh man...still looking for the final 11 episodes of season 2.
hehe Kher-za I remember my one friend copying over 90gigs of new anime, ones he didn't allready have. Since he got the DVD-WR its been going alot better
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

one of my friends own a dvd writer, trying to get him to come visit me for a while :wink:

a dvd-wr is definately on the shoppinglist.
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

Who has seen the new titles that take2 is gonna get in?

Ne1 know a local site to dl anime episodes?
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G