car sound

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
geraldhum

car sound

Post by geraldhum »

Hi guys,

I am looking in adding sound to my car. It's an old opal astra estate 94 model. I have plenty of space in my boot which in future I'm going to put in 4 * 3500 watts pionner 12 inch subs. At the moment I just have coaxle speakers in my front doors and in the boot door. I am looking at putting in 6.5 components in the front and back doors not boot door. I have read every where that it is a bad idea to put speakers in the rears as if you going to have a sub that will create the fill of the car BUT once I get my subs there will be a switch in the fron to turn off the amps for the rear subs. My question is I'm looking for some great qaulity compont speakers. Budget is about 3 to 4k per pair. I'm also looking for loudness and bass as well. I love playing music loud and also love quality.

Anyone have any suggestions. Polk, pioneer ? I do like my music loud and when I don't have my subs connected the 6.5 must have the bass. I did by a set of pioneer 3 inch tweaters which I mounted on my dash and sounds really great.