Whats your recogniseable frame rate?

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Whats your recogniseable frame rate?

Post by StarBound »

So over on the playstation forums (now the sagamer forums) there was this picture:

The question was, can you make out the difference between 25 frames and 50 frames? I've tried it on 2 monitors. The work monitor had a hard time distinguishing between the 25fps and 50fps but it was noticeable every few seconds. On my home monitor, running at 120hz, the difference was as clear as night and day. Someone decided to take it to the next level and post this link:

http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

You are able to choose the skin of the objects, add motion blur and set the frame rate to render most of the standard rendering rates like 120fps, 90fps, 60fps ect. Give it a try.

Personally after 60fps I find it hard to distinguish between the frame rates. Oddly enough I can see the difference between the 90fps and 60/120fps.

Whats the highest you can go before you can't see a difference? Maybe Ron or the mods can add a poll for it.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Re: Whats your recogniseable frame rate?

Post by D3PART3D »

90fps. I didn't know my monitor could handle that... thanks StarBound, I'll think differently about settings from now on...
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk