English Spam Thread and General Rubbish

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: English Spam Thread and General Rubbish

Post by Stuart »

Chocolate volcano cakes . . .
americantsm1
Queen of the Damned

Post by americantsm1 »

indeed

There comes a time for every vampire when the idea of eternity becomes momentarily unbearable. Living in the shadows, feeding in the darkness with only your own company to keep, rots into a solitary, hollow existence.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

So it's like a squishy Rolo?
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

So I have come up with a dastardly way to stop my brother from hogging the internet that I'm paying for.

I'm turning it off on Friday at midnight, and if he asks why, I tell him that I cancelled it.

Seriously, though, I'm sick and tired of him always downloading, and always playing either DotA 2, or LoL or some other silly little game when all I want to do is use the internet I pay for when I get home from work.
(To put things in perspective: he is at home all day, and never leaves the house and is unemployed. I work two jobs, 7 days a week, just to make sure I have enough food for the the month. He is also 4 years older than me.)

I've had enough of his k@k and I'm not letting him hog MY internet anymore.
Plus, I have access at work and I can just go to a friend's house for access, too.
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

americantsm1 wrote:@ d3 they were addictive I think it was a limited thing for winter
I'll ask if they have 'em anyway. Come to think of it, I think I saw them advertise...
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

@ Darkstar: Get 3G and carry your nets in your pocket?

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

DarkStar wrote:So I have come up with a dastardly way to stop my brother from hogging the internet that I'm paying for.

I'm turning it off on Friday at midnight, and if he asks why, I tell him that I cancelled it.

Seriously, though, I'm sick and tired of him always downloading, and always playing either DotA 2, or LoL or some other silly little game when all I want to do is use the internet I pay for when I get home from work.
(To put things in perspective: he is at home all day, and never leaves the house and is unemployed. I work two jobs, 7 days a week, just to make sure I have enough food for the the month. He is also 4 years older than me.)

I've had enough of his k@k and I'm not letting him hog MY internet anymore.
Plus, I have access at work and I can just go to a friend's house for access, too.
So are you actually cancelling it, or only switching it on when you need it? Does he connect via WiFi or cable?
americantsm1
Queen of the Damned

Post by americantsm1 »

@ darkstar That really does suck ... I am sorry to hear it

@ mousie um well it is kind of I guess, it is a small cake (made in ramekin dishes usually) that you bake at a very high temperature for a very short time. This way the outside bakes 100% but the middle stays gooey (however the hot oven makes sure that you do not get salmonella poisoning from the not-fully cooked gooey bit)
There comes a time for every vampire when the idea of eternity becomes momentarily unbearable. Living in the shadows, feeding in the darkness with only your own company to keep, rots into a solitary, hollow existence.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

3G isn't viable, as I use too much bandwidth when browsing. (Hence why I'm with Mweb uncapped)

We connect via ADSL, through a LAN cable to the modem (Both our PCs). I'm not cancelling, I'm just changing the user details on the ADSL router so that it can't connect to the internet anymore. I'll leave it like that for a few days to send him in a flat panic as he misses out on his precious DotA and LoL times.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

americantsm1 wrote:@ mousie um well it is kind of I guess, it is a small cake (made in ramekin dishes usually) that you bake at a very high temperature for a very short time. This way the outside bakes 100% but the middle stays gooey (however the hot oven makes sure that you do not get salmonella poisoning from the not-fully cooked gooey bit)
I was eating a naartjie last night that felt a little gooey and when I looked down to see what I was holding it had these nice little white wormies crawling round the middle.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

DarkStar wrote:3G isn't viable, as I use too much bandwidth when browsing. (Hence why I'm with Mweb uncapped)
Aside from the pure irritation factor, what's the big deal if you're uncapped?
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Stuart wrote:
americantsm1 wrote:@ mousie um well it is kind of I guess, it is a small cake (made in ramekin dishes usually) that you bake at a very high temperature for a very short time. This way the outside bakes 100% but the middle stays gooey (however the hot oven makes sure that you do not get salmonella poisoning from the not-fully cooked gooey bit)
I was eating a naartjie last night that felt a little gooey and when I looked down to see what I was holding it had these nice little white wormies crawling round the middle.
:puke:

Thanks for sharing.

- Elon Musk
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Eeeeeewwwwe
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

The irritation that I'm not allowed to browse or download whenever he plays games (Which is ALWAYS when I'm home). I so much as open more than 2 pages (or even 1) at a time, he yells at me from downstairs at how I 'killed him' in his stupid games.

I can't even look up Youtube videos without him complaining. We've had this fight before, but it's made no different to his behaviour or attitude. He acts as if he has full rights to the internet, when in fact he doesn't. He's got ZERO right to it and will continue to have zero rights until he starts paying rent and contributes to the upkeep of the house.
americantsm1
Queen of the Damned

Post by americantsm1 »

@ Mousie are you serious?!
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Fruit and meat. A well-balanced diet.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Double eeeeewwwwww
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

DarkStar wrote:The irritation that I'm not allowed to browse or download whenever he plays games (Which is ALWAYS when I'm home). I so much as open more than 2 pages (or even 1) at a time, he yells at me from downstairs at how I 'killed him' in his stupid games.

I can't even look up Youtube videos without him complaining. We've had this fight before, but it's made no different to his behaviour or attitude. He acts as if he has full rights to the internet, when in fact he doesn't. He's got ZERO right to it and will continue to have zero rights until he starts paying rent and contributes to the upkeep of the house.
Ah, I see. I trust you don't let it stop you from watching full 1080p clips on YouTube while he's LoLing?
americantsm1 wrote:@ Mousie are you serious?!
Unfortunately, yes. Good oranges and naartjies have been rough to come by in Alberton recently. I even bought some naartjies from Woolies a couple of weeks back that were browner and crustier in the middle than any naartjie has the right to be.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

I try not to, Stuart, I really do, but he has this annoying factor that either makes you want to panel his face with a shovel, or just do whatever it takes to make him shut up.

Sadly, the only legal option is to just make him shut up.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

DarkStar wrote:I try not to, Stuart, I really do, but he has this annoying factor that either makes you want to panel his face with a shovel, or just do whatever it takes to make him shut up.
I've met people like that.
americantsm1
Queen of the Damned

Post by americantsm1 »

@ Mousie ... BLEGH
americantsm1
Queen of the Damned

Post by americantsm1 »

OMG seriously ... every 5 mins the land-line here rings ... someone is trying to send a fax. Instead of realizing hey we keep trying and it keeps failing let me CALL the number and find out why they just keep trying. And I have no idea who it is so I cannot call them and make them stop
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Pull the wire?
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

Oh, did I mention that my brother is four years older than me? (He's 25)

Jeeze, that fax issue must be annoying. Try leaving your phone off the hook for 15 or so minutes. Maybe they'll get the idea this is the wrong number.
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

So pull his wire and tell him it's telkom
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"