The Series Thread

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
ADT

Re: The Series Thread

Post by ADT »

So i finally started with Dexter S6 this weekend :D , and man it's so much win.

Especially loved the bit of humour they put into it, like in episode 1 - "Those Kinds of Things", where dexter refers to hammer time before he uses the hammer on his victim :lol:
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
Molean

Post by Molean »

ADT wrote:So i finally started with Dexter S6 this weekend :D , and man it's so much win.

Especially loved the bit of humour they put into it, like in episode 1 - "Those Kinds of Things", where dexter refers to hammer time before he uses the hammer on his victim :lol:
Woop Woop! Glad you started watching it! I LOL'ed so hard at that...but wait! It gets even better!
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
ADT

Post by ADT »

Molean wrote:
ADT wrote:So i finally started with Dexter S6 this weekend :D , and man it's so much win.

Woop Woop! Glad you started watching it! I LOL'ed so hard at that...but wait! It gets even better!

Same here bro, i lol'd heavy as well, now to just get that true blood somewhere :|
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
Molean

Post by Molean »

Just finished watching the finale of Dexter...ZOMG...that is all...
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
ADT

Post by ADT »

Molean wrote:Just finished watching the finale of Dexter...ZOMG...that is all...

SPOILER ALERT :P

haha dude i watched till episode 11 this weekend, cannot wait to see the season finale :D
Spoiler (show)
ADT

Post by ADT »

watched the season finale of Dexter on firday, and man it was epic, especially the way it ended - sigh the wait begins now
Spoiler (show)
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Enjoying Supernatural, as always, and will probably start watching The Event this week.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

American Horror story - in two minds about it ..
Temporary Absence
senile

Post by senile »

ADT wrote:watched the season finale of Dexter on firday, and man it was epic, especially the way it ended - sigh the wait begins now
I was a little disappointed with season 6 generally. I think the series peaked 2 seasons ago and now they are heading towards a CSI:Miami storyline where the perp ends up in plastic bags instead of jail.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

senile wrote:I was a little disappointed with season 6 generally. I think the series peaked 2 seasons ago and now they are heading towards a CSI:Miami storyline where the perp ends up in plastic bags instead of jail.
Hey, we're all entitled to our opinions... but are you really saying the series peaked with Jimmy Smits as the protagonist :?: :lol:

This season of Dexter followed the formula of the previous seasons almost perfectly. They have a winning formula and they don't need to 'head towards' anything... I don't watch CSI so maybe I don't get that reference...
Also, unless you are trolling and have never actually watched Dexter - all the perps end up in bags. Tiny little bags at the bottom of Miami harbour.
senile

Post by senile »

jamin_za wrote:Hey, we're all entitled to our opinions... but are you really saying the series peaked with Jimmy Smits as the protagonist :?: :lol:
No, it was John Lithgow. Jimmy Smits was the worst and that was 3 seasons ago you troller.
jamin_za wrote: This season of Dexter followed the formula of the previous seasons almost perfectly.
Really :?:
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

After three episodes of The Event, I can say it's fairly entertaining. It's not going to blow your socks off, but will keep you engaged enough. The constant time jumps are fairly annoying though.
Molean

Post by Molean »

I am happy Californication has started back up, Hank Moody, you are an awesome character!

I know I might be a bit late in watching it, but just finished up Spartacus Season 1 and the prequel mini series and my gawsh what an awesome program it is! It's sad that the lead passed away to cancer, he did a good job of portraying Spartacus...looking forward to season 2 which supposedly starts on the 27th of Jan...

Going to start American Horror Story tonight...looks interesting, but time will tell...
Last edited by Molean on 30 Dec 2011, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

senile wrote:No, it was John Lithgow. Jimmy Smits was the worst and that was 3 seasons ago you troller.
Right you are, sorry about that.
I'd now have to concur that that was the best season. Cant blame the show tho, it's hard to top John Lithgow, but Seasons 5 and 6 were still very enjoyable. And I look forward to season 7
jamin_za wrote:
senile wrote:This season of Dexter followed the formula of the previous seasons almost perfectly.
Ya really

In between killing random miscreants Dexter discovers the presence of another serial killer. In his efforts to hunt this killer down he finds an unlikely ally who may or may not turn out to be an enemy in the end. Add some family drama in the mix and a few near escapes from having his secret revealed. Then end it all off with someone Dexter loves in mortal danger, a just-in-time rescue and the death of the antagonist and voilà!
A season of Dexter in the bag.
Molean

Post by Molean »

jamin_za wrote:
senile wrote:No, it was John Lithgow. Jimmy Smits was the worst and that was 3 seasons ago you troller.
Right you are, sorry about that.
I'd now have to concur that that was the best season. Cant blame the show tho, it's hard to top John Lithgow, but Seasons 5 and 6 were still very enjoyable. And I look forward to season 7
jamin_za wrote:
senile wrote:This season of Dexter followed the formula of the previous seasons almost perfectly.
Ya really

In between killing random miscreants Dexter discovers the presence of another serial killer. In his efforts to hunt this killer down he finds an unlikely ally who may or may not turn out to be an enemy in the end. Add some family drama in the mix and a few near escapes from having his secret revealed. Then end it all off with someone Dexter loves in mortal danger, a just-in-time rescue and the death of the antagonist and voilà!
A season of Dexter in the bag.
Well said...at the end of the day Dexter > all...
senile

Post by senile »

Molean wrote: Well said...at the end of the day Dexter > all...
Indeed. Can't wait for Doake's return in season 7...
jamin_za wrote:Right you are, sorry about that.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Mystical_Titan wrote:After three episodes of The Event, I can say it's fairly entertaining. It's not going to blow your socks off, but will keep you engaged enough. The constant time jumps are fairly annoying though.

Don't get too excited though - they cancelled it. Enjoyed what they did have though. Just hate it when series aren't concluded as they were planned
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Tribble wrote:Just hate it when series aren't concluded as they were planned
One word. Firefly.

I heard that another network wanted to buy the rights and resurrect the show.
They'd have to retcon the Serenity movie, but I would probably jizz in my pants if they did.
Even almost 10 years later.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I heard similar rumours. Would definitely watch it if they did, though I see Nathan Fillian in a slightly different light after Castle.
ADT

Post by ADT »

Molean wrote:I am happy Californication has started back up, Frank Moody, you are an awesome character!

I know I might be a bit late in watching it, but just finished up Spartacus Season 1 and the prequel mini series and my gawsh what an awesome program it is! It's sad that the lead passed away to cancer, he did a good job of portraying Spartacus...looking forward to season 2 which supposedly starts on the 27th of Jan...

Going to start American Horror Story tonight...looks interesting, but time will tell...
Ah spartacus, loved the first season :D , the blood, the gore, the woman :lol: , and yeah it was kinda sad that the lead character passed away, watched a few episodes of S2, but it's meh :| , it's missing the oke that passed away.

Yeah gotta do some catching up on californication, old moody is a legend.

Looking fwd to a weekend of vampire diaries, finally acquired the missing S1 episodes and the whole S2
Spoiler (show)
ADT

Post by ADT »

senile wrote:

LoL, what :shock: didn't he like DIE :?
Spoiler (show)
Molean

Post by Molean »

ADT wrote:
senile wrote:

Die he did...I can only imagine him coming back as an imaginary...
ADT wrote:
Molean wrote:I am happy Californication has started back up, Frank Moody, you are an awesome character!

Ah spartacus, loved the first season :D , the blood, the gore, the woman :lol: , and yeah it was kinda sad that the lead character passed away, watched a few episodes of S2, but it's meh :| , it's missing the oke that passed away.

Yeah gotta do some catching up on californication, old moody is a legend.

Looking fwd to a weekend of vampire diaries, finally acquired the missing S1 episodes and the whole S2
How far did you watch the Spartacus prequel, as I almost didn't watch it for the same reason...but believe you me, they explain alot as to how certain characters come to be for Blood and Sand...it's really good...so push through the first epi and carry on watching...you will not be disappointed...and after all...it's only 6 episodes...
ADT

Post by ADT »

Molean wrote: Die he did...I can only imagine him coming back as an imaginary...

How far did you watch the Spartacus prequel, as I almost didn't watch it for the same reason...but believe you me, they explain alot as to how certain characters come to be for Blood and Sand...it's really good...so push through the first epi and carry on watching...you will not be disappointed...and after all...it's only 6 episodes...
Ya he'll probably come back like his deceased brother did this season - to haunt him :lol:

I watched till episode 2 of spartacus S2, ya will try and push through, but vampire diaries and true blood is more important at this stage :)
Spoiler (show)
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Just watched the two part final of Merlin. Loved it. Can't wait for next season
senile

Post by senile »

ADT wrote:
senile wrote:

Debra re-opens the case for the Bay harbour butcher due to copycat murders by Louis Greene. In that sense Doakes returns to haunt Dexter.