Things that don't make sense...

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Good ol triple FFF.....
No other way for guys to learn. 2 of my friends married outa school. Their now both divorsed & alas practising it once again. :lol:

(Guys we had better hide this topic now before the girls browse over it. Expecting to be flamed for that comment any minute now. C'mon, make alota posts in other threads.)
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

LOL, I remember that now, one of my friends told me it once.

Although that doesn't really seem moraly correct, I wish I could just do that. I think too much about everything, before anything has happened I've worked out all possible scenarios and outcomes and everything, and I usually focus on the bad outcomes
GrimStoner

Post by GrimStoner »

Oi, Azgard mate...

Being of the silent and shy type meself, you have to consider Newton's third... cause and effect.

Cause : Not talking, effect : No response.

So, rather than looking down on yourself for not being a Superguy under the ladies, just realise that you do not need them. Realise that you are superior... nerdiness may constitute a lack of female attention, but it is morefold repaid when telling a joke, only for someone to realise how funny it was days later, and then recognising your artistic genius. And anyways... if you're a believer of the "The One" theory, you (contrary to Newton's second) don't have to do anything for Lady Luck to provide you with Dream Lady.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Your solution lies in 2 simple words : STOP NOW!

Chicks sense insecurity much like predators smells blood. They want to feel comfortable with you knowing you feel comfortable with them. :twisted:
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

GrimStoner wrote: Oi, Azgard mate...

Being of the silent and shy type meself, you have to consider Newton's third... cause and effect.

Cause : Not talking, effect : No response.

So, rather than looking down on yourself for not being a Superguy under the ladies, just realise that you do not need them. Realise that you are superior... nerdiness may constitute a lack of female attention, but it is morefold repaid when telling a joke, only for someone to realise how funny it was days later, and then recognising your artistic genius. And anyways... if you're a believer of the "The One" theory, you (contrary to Newton's second) don't have to do anything for Lady Luck to provide you with Dream Lady.
I don't think Newton Three was meant to be applied in this situation. But it really does make sense, thats something I've never though of before.

One of my friends told me the same thing a few weeks ago. It's really easier said than done unfortunately. I'm not so sure about the "The One" theory, but I do think there is someone for everyone.

I do have my moments of brilliance :)

Btw I like your nick, reminds me of one of the guys I know at school.
Rayne wrote:Your solution lies in 2 simple words : STOP NOW!

Chicks sense insecurity much like predators smells blood. They want to feel comfortable with you knowing you feel comfortable with them.
Stop what now? :?:

I'll keep that in mind. I must remember all these things, they just fly out of my mind when I'm around girls.
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Damn Azgard, these people you call friends should be shot! Man both the girl and ur "friend" should be the last ppl you hang out with, seriously you should try and discern amongst ur friends, keep the ones worth keeping close to you, the others consider them acquaintances!

As for the age-gap, as Rayne said, you two will most likely drift apart because of differing interests, most probably when you're at a stage for a more meaningful and mature relationship, she'll be at the messing around stage!

I say you forget about her, wait for the university chicks, trust me you'll be far better off, firstly you'll have girls with a mature outlook, they'll also be far more interesting, being able to understand you fully from an intellectual point of view! You say ur not fun, thats BS, everyones fun, just in different ways, if ur idea of fun is sitting around talking, then you get girls who appreciate that. IMO now, FUN is not getting so drunk you don't know why ur messing around. So live life ur way man, screw those "pals" of urs!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
GrimStoner

Post by GrimStoner »

[quote="Azgard]
One of my friends told me the same thing a few weeks ago. It's really easier said than done unfortunately.
[/quote]

It's easier said than done? Then... don't do it. Chill a couple of millenia until your feel comfortable talking to strange girls, whom you never met, and most probably are of the Delilah-kind.

My advice... Leave it altogether man. Chicks are funny things... some are cute, but very few will understand your Matrix addiction and your ability to spend countless nights in front of the computer.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Wise words Fishzn. :wink:
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

My advice... Leave it altogether man. Chicks are funny things... some are cute, but very few will understand your Matrix addiction and your ability to spend countless nights in front of the computer.
Wrong. Bad advise. Don't take it Azgard. :!:
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Fishzn wrote: Damn Azgard, these people you call friends should be shot! Man both the girl and ur "friend" should be the last ppl you hang out with, seriously you should try and discern amongst ur friends, keep the ones worth keeping close to you, the others consider them acquaintances!

As for the age-gap, as Rayne said, you two will most likely drift apart because of differing interests, most probably when you're at a stage for a more meaningful and mature relationship, she'll be at the messing around stage!

I say you forget about her, wait for the university chicks, trust me you'll be far better off, firstly you'll have girls with a mature outlook, they'll also be far more interesting, being able to understand you fully from an intellectual point of view! You say ur not fun, thats BS, everyones fun, just in different ways, if ur idea of fun is sitting around talking, then you get girls who appreciate that. IMO now, FUN is not getting so drunk you don't know why ur messing around. So live life ur way man, screw those "pals" of urs!
At least there was one good thing about last night, I found out who my real friends are. Almost the whole night there were a few of my friends who stuck with me and were helping me and on my side, and all the rest were with my other "friend".

There was almost a fight last night here at my place, between my so called friend, and another one of my friends who was getting pissed off with him because of what he was doing with that girl. I've never wanted to hit someone so badly in my life, luckily I didn't do anything. It would have been a free for all last night if someone through a punch. Luckily my friend who'se teaching me tricks was there, that guy could put a dent in a concrete wall I'm sure 8O

I know that will probably happen because of the age gap, but it doesn't really matter to me. I've decided to just try and have fun now, even if I know it's not gonna work out.

Ya fun is relative I suppose, I'd be perfectly happy to sit at my PC all day and read and play Zero Hour :)

At least I'm planning for next year, gonna be ready for anything when I get there. Have more than 2 months to prepare.
GrimStoner wrote: My advice... Leave it altogether man. Chicks are funny things... some are cute, but very few will understand your Matrix addiction and your ability to spend countless nights in front of the computer.
I've been told by everyone to leave it, but I'll see what happens. Why does everyone think I like the Matrix so much? My av is matrix style because it's the best pic I could find, and Syba decided to make my new av and sig around the matrix theme. But ya most girls won't understand why I can sit in from of my computer for hours, and then go outside and do cartwheels and flips that can seriously injure me.
Last edited by Azgard on 15 Nov 2004, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
GrimStoner

Post by GrimStoner »

Bad advice? Bad ... advice?

Deprive women of the charm and dry humor only nerds and geeks possess? Quote Matchbox 20 : "Somethings you don't need until they leave you, they're the things that you miss..."

Bad advice? I think not little puppy...
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Woah! But this thread got serious. :)

Hey Azgard, sorry to hear about your situration. Is this the same girl you made that flash thingie about?

I think what fishy suggested was probably the best advice. I'm writing exam on my 20th birthday. :(

Anyway, hope things get better for ya.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Bad advice? Bad ... advice?

Deprive women of the charm and dry humor only nerds and geeks possess? Quote Matchbox 20 : "Somethings you don't need until they leave you, they're the things that you miss..."

Bad advice? I think not little puppy...
Coming from a oke that's probably gonna slide into bed with his teddybear tonight. :roll:

Don't be calling me names either mate. :evil: I stated my opinion over yours without diverting to same. Please return the favor.
GrimStoner

Post by GrimStoner »

Humblest of apologies... it be hard to use movie quotes without actually hearing them, "I think not little puppy" originating from Cats & Dogs...

Anyways, as stated, views differ... my view : Drop it. If it not be good, ok.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

neon_chameleon wrote: Woah! But this thread got serious.

Hey Azgard, sorry to hear about your situration. Is this the same girl you made that flash thingie about?

I think what fishy suggested was probably the best advice. I'm writing exam on my 20th birthday.

I think it would have been better for me to make a new thread in the Ward instead of "taking over" this thread :oops:

No, this girl I've only know for a few weeks. The girl I made the flash vid about hates me now for some reason, and I made the flash vid. about 3 or 4 years ago so ya.

You're writing on a Saturday, that's not cool :(

Ya fishys advice was good, eveyone elses also helps though :) Thanks for all the help btw guys.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Dont take such offence when some1 disagrees with you then. If you dont know how to debate then refrain from it.

Sorry Azgard. Hate to ruin your topic man. :( Sticking to it from now on.
GrimStoner

Post by GrimStoner »

May I suggest a song?

Listen Phillmore - The Fishy song... Made for you mate
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

No problem Rayne, don't worry about.

Never heard of that song before, I'll have to try find it.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Azgard wrote:
neon_chameleon wrote: Woah! But this thread got serious.

I think what fishy suggested was probably the best advice. I'm writing exam on my 20th birthday.

I think it would have been better for me to make a new thread in the Ward instead of "taking over" this thread :oops:

No, this girl I've only know for a few weeks. The girl I made the flash vid about hates me now for some reason, and I made the flash vid. about 3 or 4 years ago so ya.

You're writing on a Saturday, that's not cool :(

Ya fishys advice was good, eveyone elses also helps though :) Thanks for all the help btw guys.
Don't worry about changing the topic a bit. SybraGrey and I were just talking nonsense about cats in microwaves. Much to jee's disapproval. (is there something wrong with that?) :)

Oh a different girl to the flash movie one. Does this 14 year old girl that you like, like you back? Well before last night, I mean? 14 is a bit young, unless she's like uber hot.

As for exam, nope it's on the 22nd, I'm turning the big 2 0. I want an iPod for my birthday. It looks like I won't be getting Jessica Alba or Ana Beatriz Barros after all. Pity!

As for fishy, yeah he's know the way to get all the stekkies. :) (please note the last word in that sentence is not condescending in any way to the female species, Fishy will understand)
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

May I suggest a song?

Listen Phillmore - The Fishy song... Made for you mate
Confused now. :? Never heard of it. Pretty much don't wanna look it up either. Why don't you just elaborate on that comment. Stop speaking in riddles. Should I be taking offence to it or not?

By posting this you are enticing me to contradict myself once replying to it. Which I now had to do because of you. :evil:

Azgard, your a mod, maybe you should put in a word here. I tried to end this matter in my 2 posts prior yet this oke still persists. :!:
Last edited by Rayne on 15 Nov 2004, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

neon_chameleon wrote:Oh a different girl to the flash movie one. Does this 14 year old girl that you like, like you back? Well before last night, I mean? 14 is a bit young, unless she's like uber hot.

As for exam, nope it's on the 22nd, I'm turning the big 2 0. I want an iPod for my birthday. It looks like I won't be getting Jessica Alba or Ana Beatriz Barros after all. Pity!
Well she says she just wants to be friends with be, but she seems willing to do some stuff, without me even mentioning anything.

That's not too bad, for the last 4 years I've written an exam on my birthday every year, not really bad.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Azgard wrote: Well she says she just wants to be friends with be, but she seems willing to do some stuff, without me even mentioning anything.
Does that mean what I think it means?
That's not too bad, for the last 4 years I've written an exam on my birthday every year, not really bad
Yep, me too, well except for last year. But my whole high school career.
GrimStoner

Post by GrimStoner »

Phillmore - The Fishy song

Sometimes I wonder
If I'll ever find her
The one that God's chosen for meeeeee

But what if I find her
And she doesn't like me
I guess that disproves destinyyyyy

But I should know better
The sea is much wetter
With plenty of fishies to seeee (for you and me)

And I know my Father
Has scoped out the water
And picked out a fishy for me

etc, yada yada, yackity schmackity
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Hehe, i see a few things happened while i was away! Hope things work out for the better Azgard!

Grimstoner: is the song fo me? If so, i will get it soon just to have a laf!

Anyway Neon, damn man thats has gotta be the lowlight of the year man! What exam you writing? I feel ur pain Bro, but at least you can celebrate after that! You can celebrate after that right? I hope the big 20 is nice man, i will be writing at OM on the 22nd, you too? THat way i can wish you in person!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

*on topic* :)
Things that don't make sense...
Why do they use sterilised needles for death by lethal injection?

If you send someone 'Styrofoam', how do you pack it?