Bates VS ...

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Bates VS ...

Post by Anakha56 »

What a dream I was having...

It was about cars and it makes sense because I had watched the F1 Quali Saturday morning after 3 hours of sleep and played F1 2011 for the good part of the day. It was a good day...

Then my dream came to a crashing end and I woke up to having a cat on my chest. So my immediate thought was that the other cat was doing his rounds elsewhere in the house then I heard glass tinker...

Crept out of bed with the stealthiness of a drunk ninja, walked down the passage, put one foot in the dining room and ... Swore like a little girl! Something flew off the counter at a great speed and hid behind the rolling kitchen tray. I stealthily crept up switching lights on as I went and as I put the kitchen light on it, it ran past me and into the bedroom causing even more swearing and still not knowing what it was. Damn this thing is fast!

My swearing alerted the other half, she switched the light on and screamed "Monkey!!!". No it was not a monkey, it was to small and to fast because as she screamed it ran past me again and into the lounge behind my couch. Already having the lights on I opened the front door, barricaded the path to the out of the lounge, his only exit the front door. I crept up to the couch and gently but firmly pulled it toward myself, then the monster ran out toward the door and ... veered off behind the TV wall unit. This was not going to be a easy task...

So I then tried creating a tunnel to lead him out from behind the TV wall unit and out the front door. Positioned myself on a smaller seat and had the other half prod it with a curtain rail till it came out and I would get a picture. Two things happened at this point one I got the photo two it beelined toward my couch and I moved faster than Lewis Hamiltons Mclaren. It climbed up the other couch and hid behind it. This thing is good...

Rearranged the furniture to make yet another funnel toward the door and it was at this point I realized it had deployed its secret weapon at the first couch, a steamy pile of mess... Taking a deep breath I moved the final piece of barricade out and it ran right ... behind the TV unit again. That barricade failed...

This time I blocked every nook and cranny and made myself stand on the couch so he would not run up it. The only escape was the door. The other half prodded it again with curtain rail and this time it ran out the house hopefully never to be seen again.

Ladies and Gentleman I present to you: Steamy! Wanted to call it something else but then it would have been racist and Stiggy would frothing at the mouth... :whistling:

So who would win Bates or Steamy?

/If the ramblings do not make sense its because a couple of beers helped in the making of this story...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Re: Bates VS ...

Post by KatrynKat »

hehehe... :)

he's cute... but fast... like a Ferrari... :P
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
Prime

Post by Prime »

I'm more concerned that Steamy is semi transparent in the photo :shock:
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Thats how fast the bugger moves. Could not get a proper shot of him in motion... :shock:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Oh that is brilliant. Not for you of course - but what a laugh to read. Strange that he came in to your house. Must have been hungry
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

:lol:.... home invasion dassie! (also very strange that it actually came indoors... probably rabid... :twisted: )

those things have one of the creepiest screams...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Love the reference to Lewis Hamilton's McLaren - as the dassie broke a lot of stuff and left a mess behind... :lol:
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

:lol:
I'm no lover of animal cruelty, but after the third failed attempt to get this animal out of the house, I would have switched from a rescue mission to search and destroy.
Trust me - once it realises you mean it grievous bodily harm it will find that open door chop-chop ;)
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

Anakha56 wrote:Ladies and Gentleman I present to you: Steamy! Wanted to call it something else but then it would have been racist and Stiggy would frothing at the mouth... :whistling:
I bet the name you wanted to give it had something to do with a McLaren driver :|
Ron2K wrote:Love the reference to Lewis Hamilton's McLaren - as the dassie broke a lot of stuff and left a mess behind... :lol:
But Hamilton made no mess this weekend :)
KatrynKat wrote:hehehe... :)

he's cute... but fast... like a Ferrari... :P
You mean fast like a Red Bull :lol:
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Bates would own it. Hands down.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Sojourn wrote:Bates would own it. Hands down.
That is if they don't De-Bates it.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.