Kosmosdal - The area..

A place to talk about more serious topics such as politics, society and current events.
Forum rules
Please read the discussion section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
zimmer-frame

Kosmosdal - The area..

Post by zimmer-frame »

Hey guys

Never used the general discussion, always just posted weird work-logs. Now I need help.

We're moving to Gauteng, and the offices are in Midrand. Is Kosmosdal a decent area to live in Centurion? It's close to some of those hellish onramps on to the N1, but apart from that? The house we want to rent is in a security complex with guards etc.. (though I suspect the guards will just help carry stuff away :lol: :lol: )

Cheers
Zimmer
Intel i-7 950 (4Ghz with HT on) / 3 X 2Gb Kingston Hyper-X (1600MHz) / MSI X58A-GD / 2 x EVGA Nvidia 1Gb 460GTX SuperClocked External Exhaust / 320gb Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid HDD + 2 x Seagate 1TB SATA 6Gb/s/ Corsair H70 Hydro Water Cooling / Corsair TX 850W PSU / CoolerMaster HAF-922 / 2 x 22" Fujitsu LCD Wide
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Re: Kosmosdal - The area..

Post by Tribble »

No - there are huge electricity pylons running right through it. I would not live there if you paid me. I live a little way away from that area and drive through it often. The houses are lovely and not too tiny but really - why risk it? I know that it hasn't been conclusively proven to cause cancer and other diseases but we have had two family murders in that very area this year. The husband strangled his little boys and then bashed his wife's head in. A granny killed her son and his new wife and baby.

The Reeds extensions and Rooihuiskraal are not far from there and the houses are reasonably priced - for both renting and buying. Amberfield is a little higher market but the properties are cute and small.

You could also look at Vorna Valley and Kyalami - those are the other side of Midrand. Sunninghill is not too far away either.