Red Arrows jet crashes during air show

A place to talk about more serious topics such as politics, society and current events.
Forum rules
Please read the discussion section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Red Arrows jet crashes during air show

Post by THE_STIG »

London - A plane belonging to the British military's Red Arrows aerobatics display team crashed on Saturday while taking part in an air show in southern England, the military and media reports said.

The ministry of defence said it was aware of an incident involving the Red Arrows and was investigating. It gave no further details.

The BBC and Sky News said the Royal Air Force jet came down near Bournemouth, where an air show is being held. There was no immediate word on the pilot.

Witnesses said nine planes took off from Bournemouth Airport to perform a display, but only eight landed.

The Bournemouth Air Festival said events were continuing as scheduled.

The Red Arrows are famous for their airborne stunts, multicoloured vapour trails, dramatic flypasts and trademark diamond formation.

Formed in 1965, the Arrows have flown more than 4 000 displays in 53 countries. Their red single-engine jet trainers are a familiar sight at air shows and military events.

The nine-pilot stunt team last had an accident in March 2010, when two jets crashed in training in Crete. Neither pilot was seriously injured in that incident.

- AP
Sorce

What is it with air shows and crashes lately :shock:
Parabuthus

Re: Red Arrows jet crashes during air show

Post by Parabuthus »

There have not been any crashes in a long time at British air shows so it was bound to happen. I saw them at Farnborough about a year ago. They were amazing to see and I still regularly use the photos I took as wallpapers. Probably the only thing that got the crowd as excited was to see the Avro Vulcan back in the air. There was a lot said about the safety to both the crowd and the aircraft that happens at British air shows.