A hearty Symtex Hello to Standard Bank

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
RuadRauFlessa

A hearty Symtex Hello to Standard Bank

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Have you ever gone to a bank and found it closed... only to see all the other banks around it is open :?:

I Say WTF Standard Bank... It is 15h00 catch a damn wake up and look at the other banks around you.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Re: A hearty Symtex Hello to Standard Bank

Post by Hman »

You do realise that banks in South Africa only opens for business if they feel like it. If you don't like it they don't care to hear it.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Ye it sucks... but one would start getting the idea that they don't want to do business.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

In zastron close to me standard bank closes between 1 and 2 for lunch....
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

RuadRauFlessa wrote: I Say WTF Standard Bank... It is 15h00 catch a damn wake up and look at the other banks around you.
It closes at 15h00; it's always been like that. Honestly I'm more than willing to live with it, their overall service and quality internet banking makes up for it.
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Ye blade it is though the only thing in the 20 odd years I have been banking with them I would want changed. Problem being I need a bank statement for a credit app. Now my next chance to go get one will probably only be in about 3 weeks time. During that time I have to keep trying to play on-line games with 3G over my phone. Which truth be told is not too great. Thing is having bank doors locked in front of your nose is not a great experience especially if you really need them open.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Bladerunner wrote:
RuadRauFlessa wrote: I Say WTF Standard Bank... It is 15h00 catch a damn wake up and look at the other banks around you.
It closes at 15h00; it's always been like that. Honestly I'm more than willing to live with it, their overall service and quality internet banking makes up for it.
Excuse me, what!?

Really??

So here's a story: 5th of April I closed my student achiever account and got a cheque account. Now said account has a cheque card linked to it, since ALL the 'perks' and functionality of the account is only available with the use of the cheque card (and NOT the debit card also linked to the account), one would think that it would be a priority to issue the client with said card. Or at the very least that the client should receive this card. S.O.P is 7 - 10 business days. I got my cheque card around the 20th of May- 5th of April to 20 May... for a card (the primary card) of the account I opened. Do you want to know the bank charges I was billed with because I had to use the debit card, having no other choice? :|

That's after I maxed out my cellphone account trying to get them off their arses and doing their job. 6 different people promised to call me back once they figured out what's up with the card. I'm STILL waiting to hear from them... All 6- no exceptions. I have the card now, only after I repeatedly had to drive to the branch and find out from enquiries if the card has arrived. That's after they had to re-issue it <---- Why the hell was the card destroyed in the first place? It was never even issued, and never delivered to the branch, never giving me the opportunity to not collect it so they can destroy it. According to several different people, that never even happened. You know what's their excuse? "We need your SARS details in order to issue the card." SARS details to issue a cheque card, for an account already active and in use for over a month? Really? So why do I now have my card, when I still haven't given them said SARS details?

Isolated incident? NO. Same story for my credit card. 5th of April - around the 12th of May, I got it a bit earlier than the other one. Also, after had to make repeated enquiries after a couple more people promised to trace the card and call me. I'm also still waiting for them, btw.

So, tell me again, what quality service :?:

[/Rant]
Prime

Post by Prime »

The Banking hours are ***** if you work weekdays and weekends. That's been my problem. I only get off from varsity at 16:00 most days which leaves saturday morning for everything.

Syko, you realise you can ask them to send it to a post office by registered mail. And you can lodge a complaint if you know the peoples names... hellopeter.com
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Prime, kinda difficult sending a card via registered mail the was never issued...

Sadly I don't know the names, I never thought of it at the time. I just wanted them to sort the s*** out and be done with. The less time I have to spend at a branch, the better.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Syko... I got my cheque card 7 days after applying... Applied the saturday... got it the next saturday... had no issues at all...
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Lucky you then. I had to fight for mine :|
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Oh and to boot I fetched it on the next Saturday only because I couldn't find time in the week to do it. It was ready for collection on the Wednesday already.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
senile

Post by senile »

I've been with Absa and Standard for many years, their service can't get worse than it already is... I've stood in queues more than an hour at a time at these banks. And I've become tired that you need to pay to use your own money, how does that make sense? Buy a bread with your card, that's R6 bank costs thank you very much. Admin fees, monthly management fees. Total rip off. I guarantee you no employee at these banks put in manual labour to "manage/administrate" my account on a monthly basis.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Senile... then you are on the wrong account for you. I pay a monthly fixed fee of like R60. I don't pay extra for internet banking and I make daily payments with my card in shops and such. Only time I ever see extra costs on my account is if I draw money through other ATMs
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
senile

Post by senile »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Senile... then you are on the wrong account for you. I pay a monthly fixed fee of like R60. I don't pay extra for internet banking and I make daily payments with my card in shops and such. Only time I ever see extra costs on my account is if I draw money through other ATMs
I'm on a savings account and Internet banking costs like R30 per month. I take it that the "Achiever" is the cheque account?
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

@ senile
yes. I think so
@ RRF
Well, now that I have the cheque card I can swipe and the eft's and stuff are all fine- but bloody hell. I shouldn't have had so much difficulty in getting the damn card :x
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Well tbh... I think all banks are complacent. They know they will get business regardless of service rendered.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

SykomantiS wrote: I got my cheque card around the 20th of May- 5th of April to 20 May...
I also applied for a cheque card. They opened a drawer, took it out of an envelope, and activated it. No issues. Credit cards take about 2 weeks I think? Not sure how long I waited for the one my dad took out for me.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Blade, the cheque account has 2 cards. (the DEBIT card, which they can take out of the drawer and give you then and there) and the cheque card (the one with a smart chip on that looks like a credit card). That has to be ordered. They can't just take it out of a drawer. At least that's what they keep telling me.
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

SykomantiS wrote:Blade, the cheque account has 2 cards. (the DEBIT card, which they can take out of the drawer and give you then and there) and the cheque card (the one with a smart chip on that looks like a credit card). That has to be ordered. They can't just take it out of a drawer. At least that's what they keep telling me.
I could be wrong... Mine has the chip though. And it's a Mastercard cheque card.

Yes, maybe I'm mistaken. But then I couldn't have waited more than a week. They were really quick.

EDIT: And I only have one card...
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

That's funny. (Sub)Standard Bank? I have more plastic in my wallet than Pamela has you-know-where :lol: :facepalm:
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

SykomantiS wrote:That's funny. (Sub)Standard Bank? I have more plastic in my wallet than Pamela has you-know-where :lol: :facepalm:
Well obviously I don't carry the Stop-card around :P

And then I also have the credit and garage cards, but they're linked to my dad's account, not mine. I have to go and apply for my own still.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

I wasn't talking about the stop-card :wink:
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

SykomantiS wrote:That's funny. (Sub)Standard Bank? I have more plastic in my wallet than Pamela has you-know-where :lol: :facepalm:
Sigh, it was removed a long time ago and replaced with smaller ones, Britney got the old ones.

Capitec FTW !
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

:lol: :lol: :lol: