The Movie Thread

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Mystical_Titan

Re: The Movie Thread

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Stuart wrote:I watched Winnie the Pooh and still managed to get my vote in.
Sounds like the tagline for a superhero. :lol:

What is Priest about?
Molean

Post by Molean »

Priest involves our world where Vampires and Humans have been in a constant war with each other for ages, until we develop a human weapon, named Priests. The Vampire race is almost wiped out, with the remaining few put into prisons...when one day the vampires try and seek their revenge.
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

//not another vampire movie.....
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

What you mean "not another"?? this is the first vamp movie in a long time...
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Molean

Post by Molean »

Well in this film, don't expect traditional Vampires...this kind are alot more like creatures, with huge fangs...
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

Went to watch Fast Five. VERY good movie, but could not figure out if it's a sequel or part of a trilogy or just a completely new film? :?:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Given that it's Fast FIVE I'm going to go with the theory that it's probably not a trilogy.

It wasn't written by Douglas Adams, was it?
Molean

Post by Molean »

I would say its the second trilogy in the franchise, so it will soon be a Hexalogy...
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

In terms of chronology, it's the fourth movie. It was called Fast Five because it's the fifth movie, but Tokio Drift was a story on its own.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Molean wrote:I would say its the second trilogy in the franchise, so it will soon be a Hexalogy...
:lol:
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Its called Fast Five, because **** was already taken.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Molean

Post by Molean »

Mystical_Titan wrote:
Molean wrote:I would say its the second trilogy in the franchise, so it will soon be a Hexalogy...
:lol:
Whaaat...Number 3 may not be apart of the story, but it's still apart of the franchise, which means the number counts. The way the latest film went, number 6 will be out by the end of next year more than likely...
J4p13

Post by J4p13 »

Me and my girlfriend went to watch the new Pirates Of the Caribbean movie on Friday. I really enjoyed it. Couldn't stop laughing at Jack. He is still just as legendary as always. The story (and Penelope Cruz:)) Weren't bad either. But without Jack Sparrow the series isn't worth watching.
Spoiler (show)
CoreI7-860
Biostar T55HD
4Gb DDR3 1066mhz
HIS 5770HD IceQ Turbo
1Tb Western Digital Caviar Green
550W Amacrox PSU
Acer 24" G245H
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Molean wrote:Well in this film, don't expect traditional Vampires...this kind are alot more like creatures, with huge fangs...
Can't wait to see this
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

J4p13 wrote:Me and my girlfriend went to watch the new Pirates Of the Caribbean movie on Friday. I really enjoyed it. Couldn't stop laughing at Jack. He is still just as legendary as always. The story (and Penelope Cruz:)) Weren't bad either. But without Jack Sparrow the series isn't worth watching.
That's why they could still make the movie without Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley. As long as Johnny's in it.
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

Hey guys....

I was just looking for a trailer I watched about 3/4 months ago if not more. I think it was some guy acting as an Anime character or like he was from Japan and going to Hollywood. Been searching but can't find anything? You guys know what I am talking about ?

Thanks
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Going to watch the new Pirates tomorrow!
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

Watched Pirates last night, movie was pretty good and 3D is cool although not really necessary... Captain Jack is awesome as usual!!!!
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...
J4p13

Post by J4p13 »

Tiza wrote:Watched Pirates last night, movie was pretty good and 3D is cool although not really necessary... Captain Jack is awesome as usual!!!!
I absolutely agree. I actually feel like going to watch it again.
Spoiler (show)
CoreI7-860
Biostar T55HD
4Gb DDR3 1066mhz
HIS 5770HD IceQ Turbo
1Tb Western Digital Caviar Green
550W Amacrox PSU
Acer 24" G245H
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Wanted to watch it, but it was sold-out, so watched Unknown with Liam Neeson instead. Turned out to be rather good!
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Next Bond film to be set in Cape Town
But, she said, readers could expect “some changes” to established Bond tropes.

“For starters he won’t be driving an Aston Martin while he’s in Cape Town,” she explained. “Mainly because driving an Aston Martin in Cape Town advertises the fact that you have a microscopic penis and weren’t hugged enough when you were a baby.”

Instead, she said, he would be driving an iconic Cape Town car: a 1996 Toyota Conquest with mags, spoiler, air-intake, blue LED lights under the doors, and the legend “GESKUD MA’ NIE GEWURRIE” painted down the side.
:mrgreen:
americantsm1
Queen of the Damned

Post by americantsm1 »

okay so here is something that I thought about after doing some research on an actress that I didn't know but had seen in a movie, this is not a post about a specific movie (although it was the film "My Soul to Keep" if anyone is interested).

Has anyone else noticed that you can see someone in a film that you are watching and find them totally awesome but when you look at them outside the film they are not that great? It could be how they were 'done up' for that particular film or of course you could have just been caught up in the character that they portrayed in that particular film.

In this case I loved the character "Fang" but outside the film and that character I had that "meh" reaction.

So basically what I am saying after all of this is share characters that you liked or maybe even an actor or actress you BEGAN to like BECAUSE of a film or something you saw them in. Kind of like me with my Sarah Michelle Gellar 'obsession'. If I had seen her in the soap opera "All my Children" perhaps when she played Buffy Summers I would not have liked her so much.

Or just ignore this post as the insane rantings of an odd woman who has too much time to ponder such strange things
There comes a time for every vampire when the idea of eternity becomes momentarily unbearable. Living in the shadows, feeding in the darkness with only your own company to keep, rots into a solitary, hollow existence.
capanno

Post by capanno »

Pirates 4, funny, but mediocre and borderline drivel.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

capanno wrote:Pirates 4, funny, but mediocre and borderline drivel.
QFT, after the first hour, I had this sense I'd seen this before. I then napped through the next 45 minutes, with a brief 3/4 way-through hiatus and then a final nap until the end of the film.

I vowed after the last two epic failures I wouldn't watch another one, but in the absence of Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly I decided to give it a go. Should have rather opted for Hangover 2
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Jonboy wrote:Hangover 2
I am going to watch it this weekend.

Fully expecting an unoriginal cash-in with the same jokes rehashed in old and unimaginative ways...

Hopefully I will be proven wrong and pleasantly surprised.