A thread not for the easily offended

A place to talk about more serious topics such as politics, society and current events.
Forum rules
Please read the discussion section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Re: A thread not for the easily offended

Post by GreyWolf »

jamin_za wrote:You cant find pics of my 'nads on Google (someone keeps reporting them and getting them taken down)
2 pixels do not a picture make.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

:D :D :lol: :lol: Good one Grey :!:
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Bookmarked for the end-of-the-year forum awards! :lol:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

Epic win haha. Get's my vote for quote of the year.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

... I meant for this to happen
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

jamin_za wrote:... I meant for this to happen
You are moving into "fail" territory with this less than mediocre response.
Bland would describe it. So would unimaginative.

You disappoint. :|
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Yes, well coming from the master of witty comebacks that really hurts...

What would the typical Sojourn retort be to something like that, I wonder :?:
Probably a big tantrum in all caps with toys thrown out of cots culminating in a ban.

Damn, why couldn't I be more like you.

The Cheetah's are gay, BTW :P
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

jamin_za wrote:Yes, well coming from the master of witty comebacks that really hurts...

What would the typical Sojourn retort be to something like that, I wonder :?:
Probably a big tantrum in all caps with toys thrown out of cots culminating in a ban.

Damn, why couldn't I be more like you.

The Cheetah's are gay, BTW :P
yeah, that is because you have more sheep on your hands then what you can handle :wink:
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

Oooh. Bitchy. *Grabs popcorn* P.S. religion sucks (which was the original topic).

My GF goes to church and her parents are anal Christians who I'm sure will spray 'holy' water on me when I go round for dinner sometime.
Luckily my GF is a naughty Christian.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
Moses

Post by Moses »

I'm right here.
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Moses wrote:I'm right here.
Well don't just sit there: entertain us. :twisted:
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Give jamin some advice Moses!
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

Ask for some wine Jamin. I got 2 bottles yesterday.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I am so glad that I popped into this thread - so entertaining :D
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Right so to bring the whole debate about life being sacred at any given time frame how does one deal with this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teratoma
A teratoma is an encapsulated tumor with tissue or organ components resembling normal derivatives of all three germ layers. There are rare occasions when not all three germ layers are identifiable. The tissues of a teratoma, although normal in themselves, may be quite different from surrounding tissues, and may be highly disparate; teratomas have been reported to contain hair, teeth, bone and, very rarely, more complex organs such as eye,[1][2] torso,[3][4] and hands, feet, or other limbs.[5]

Usually, however, a teratoma will contain no organs but rather one or more tissues normally found in organs such as the brain, thyroid, liver, and lung. Sometimes, the teratoma has within its capsule one or more fluid-filled cysts; when a large cyst occurs, there is a potential for the teratoma to produce a structure within the cyst that resembles a fetus. Because they are encapsulated, teratomas are usually benign, although several forms of malignant teratoma are known, and some of these are common forms of teratoma. A mature teratoma is typically benign and found more commonly in females, while an immature teratoma is typically malignant and is more often found in males.

Teratomas are thought to be present at birth (congenital), but small ones often are not discovered until much later in life.

Definitive medical diagnosis of a teratoma is based on its histology; this diagnosis is made by a pathologist.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... C5E.d01t02
Abstract
BACKGROUND

Mature ovarian cystic teratomas, which are commonly observed benign ovarian tumors, consist of ectodermal, mesodermal, and endodermal components that are generally disorganized. In this report, we document a case in which the solid portion of an ovarian teratoma demonstrated considerable differentiation, forming a doll-like structure.
CASE

A 25-year-old virginal Japanese woman underwent surgery for an ovarian tumor that was diagnosed as a mature teratoma. A solid mass within the tumor was found to have a head, trunk, and extremities. Consequently, this mass was diagnosed as a mature fetiform teratoma (homunculus). Brain, eye, spinal nerve, ear, teeth, thyroid gland, bone, bone marrow, gut, trachea, blood vessels, and phallic cavernous tissue were confirmed microscopically. Distinctive features were the clear anterior-posterior, ventral-dorsal, and left-right axes, with a spatially well-organized arrangement of the organs. An eye was located on the front of the head, a spinal nerve lay dorsal to the spinal bones, the thyroid gland was anterior to the trachea, and the gut was deep inside the trunk.
CONCLUSIONS

These findings indicate that the information necessary for organization of the body plan may be conserved and transmitted, even with parthenogenesis. Mature cystic teratomas of the ovary are mostly benign and do not always attract detailed attention. However, precise analyses of such tumors may significantly enhance our understanding of both parthenogenetic and normal human development. Birth Defects Research (Part A), 2003. © 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Tumor+in+ ... 1611746206
Tumor in Colorado newborn's brain contained foot

Link to this page
A pediatric neurosurgeon says a tumor he removed from the brain of a Colorado Springs infant contained a tiny foot and other partially formed body parts.

Dr. Paul Grabb said he operated on Sam Esquibel at Memorial Hospital for Children after an MRI showed a microscopic tumor on the newborn's brain. Sam was 3 days old and otherwise healthy.

Grabb said that while removing the growth, he discovered it contained a nearly perfect foot and the formation of another foot, a hand and a thigh.

"It looked like the breach delivery of a baby, coming out of the brain," Grabb said. "To find a perfectly formed structure (like this) is extremely unique, unusual, borderline unheard of."

Grabb isn't sure what caused the growth but says it may have been a type of congenital brain tumor. However, such tumors usually are less complex than a foot or hand, he said.

The growth may also have been a case of "fetus in fetu" — in which a fetal twin begins to form within another — but such cases very rarely occur in the brain, Grabb said.

Sam's parents, Tiffnie and Manuel Esquibel, said their son is at home now but faces monthly blood tests to check for signs of cancer or regrowth, along with physical therapy to improve the use of his neck. But they say he has mostly recovered from the Oct. 3 surgery.

"You'd never know if he didn't have a scar there," Tiffnie Esquibel said.
:shock:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Anakha56 wrote:A 25-year-old virginal Japanese woman
25 year old virgin - in this day and age... and in JAPAN of all places, the sexual deviant capitol of the world...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

:lol: Why did I have a feeling you would find that? BTW you should visit cracked.com they have a top 5 list of Japanese music videos. Just up your alley to... :P
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Don't use the words "up your alley" in this thread please
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

KALSTER wrote:...
Thank you, Kalster. I really don't mind long posts, I need to see the reasoning behind beliefs in order to understand them. You mostly take the time to make yours clear which is why I asked you specifically, I appreciate the effort.

I will read through your post carefully and respond early next week.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Tribble wrote:Don't use the words "up your alley" in this thread please
That should have told you the possible content in them and your primal self will have known to steer clear. Its not like you went and watched them with the kids did you? :P
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I do not let my kids watch stuff like that :lol:
jee

Post by jee »

"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

I was afraid that this would happen, veggies have been downtrodden since the days of Cain.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Poor Tribble will go hungry
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Maybe in 200 years the Vegetarians will be a new race capable of photosynthesis and absorbing nutrients from soil. Guess we animal eaters will probably use them in soups by then.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W