The non-PCF Fail/Win Thread

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Re: The non-PCF Fail/Win Thread

Post by KatrynKat »

Bladerunner wrote:
THE_STIG wrote:My whole gr12 computer class for being to stupid to know how to log in.......they wasted 15 minutes trying to log in :x :x
That's nothing. Wait till you get to university level.
+100000
and wait till you get to 3rd year level and they don't know how to do simple equations or general use of Excel and Word....
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

They have no clue when it comes to excel equations. Now this was truly a Fail "my pc wont work, I have restarted it 3 times and I still cant see anything on the screen" so the teacher walks over and says "your screen is not on". Really how stupid can you get not to notice that the screen is turned off.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

Get connected to a great deal!
Look no further than MTN for great deals and packages to get you online! It means savings and a whole
lot of added value, such as the Dell mini 10 Netbook with MTN F@stLink 75MB @ R209 per month!
MTN Deal and Price Fail?
EDIT: This thread needs some sticky glue. :)
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Sticky \o/
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

DeathStrike wrote:
Get connected to a great deal!
Look no further than MTN for great deals and packages to get you online! It means savings and a whole
lot of added value, such as the Dell mini 10 Netbook with MTN F@stLink 75MB @ R209 per month!
MTN Deal and Price Fail?
EDIT: This thread needs some sticky glue. :)
R209 x 24 months = R5016.00

75mb data bundle 49 X 24 =1176

So you are paying for the modem and netbook = R3840
+ additional data bundles
Very possible.....if they got the netbooks on the cheap, rather sneaky 75 MB catch. :wink: :P

You sir just acquired a fail in a Non-PCF fail thread. !
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

So this one is dedicated to the tool that lives in my complex. After spending a lovely day out with my wife and returning home at 11pm on a Sunday evening, there in my clearly marked parking space is a black merc, registration "MD 01 GP" (grr). Nothing to stress about right, I'll just inform security who will kindly request the gentleman to remove his obviously misplaced vehicle. Well, 3 phone calls and a visit from the security team later and this knob refuses to move. I have never in my life being that close to flying off the handle, if my wife wasn't there there would have been a Jon sized hole in the door of their apartment and me inside laughing maniacally beside a scene from Dexter. Body corporate received a wonderfully descriptive email this morning.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

:lol: I would have considered paying for a tow truck if it was me
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

This is the most annoying thing though - security have no access to a tow-service or even something as simple as a wheel clamp, so if the owner refuses then we politely get told, "Sorry, he won't move". I mean really, I almost tried my hand at some impromptu German re-engineering of the tyre spanner variety.
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

@ Jonboy: There are other ways to convince people...

Edit: language warning, sorry, didn't see that
Spoiler (show)
:lol:
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

Jonboy wrote:So this one is dedicated to the tool that lives in my complex. After spending a lovely day out with my wife and returning home at 11pm on a Sunday evening, there in my clearly marked parking space is a black merc, registration "MD 01 GP" (grr). Nothing to stress about right, I'll just inform security who will kindly request the gentleman to remove his obviously misplaced vehicle. Well, 3 phone calls and a visit from the security team later and this knob refuses to move. I have never in my life being that close to flying off the handle, if my wife wasn't there there would have been a Jon sized hole in the door of their apartment and me inside laughing maniacally beside a scene from Dexter. Body corporate received a wonderfully descriptive email this morning.
These days people have no consideration for others.

Why did you waste your time calling security? I would have walked over there to his house and asked him if he valued that POS in YOUR driveway and he needs to move it ASAP!

If he still refused, then I would have dragged him out by his hair to his car and MADE him move it!

Shees! IDJIT!
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Jonboy wrote:This is the most annoying thing though - security have no access to a tow-service or even something as simple as a wheel clamp, so if the owner refuses then we politely get told, "Sorry, he won't move". I mean really, I almost tried my hand at some impromptu German re-engineering of the tyre spanner variety.
/engage promotion mode

I can supply you a wheel clamp at a really good price...

But seriously.
The poor sods from security have a bit of a liability issue - so they can't have the car towed or clamped. If the owner of the vehicle later claims that the vehicle was damaged in any way the whole matter will become even uglier.

Fitting one of these will help but it is a schlep to get out of the car every time and who's willing to spend upwards of R2k to safeguard their parking space? :?
I think you did the right thing contacting your body corporate - now pee on his windscreen tonight! ;)
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

That last bit sounds good to me. Go for it.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

While I generally do not condone vandalism or malicious destruction of property - but when told you are using somebody else's property or otherwise wrongly inconveniencing them you move.
Failure to do so makes you a bad person and somewhat deserving of whatever petty crime comes your way.
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

The thing that got to me is the arrogance of the individual involved. While I don't condone what he did, if he came running down, moved his car and said sorry, the issue would have been done and sorted. But to blatantly defy orders that are substantiated by the code of conduct for the complex is just pathetic. While the petty vandalism does seem like the way-forward, it's really easy for the degenerate to notice that it's my car that belongs to that parking and then I wake up one morning to smashed windscreen. Temper aside, that's why we pay the body corporate.
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

We had these insanely difficult to remove big red stickers at my previous employer... one or two on a windshield is the biggest pain in the back-side ever (this used to be normal practice if anyone stopped on the wrong parking spot at work)...
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
fallen_angel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by fallen_angel »

Go for breaking the wiper blades or brake fluid on the hood (write the first word that comes to mind)... works magic but you didn't get this from me :wink:

Watashi no ikari wa anata no tamashī wa heiwa o fukushū to eien no o mitsukeru.
TROPICAL AQUARIUMS <---My hobby
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

The Body Corporate is under obligation to sort this out. When I was a member of one of these, we simply fined the owner R500, this was then added to his levy. If he refused to pay it was raised to R1000 including interest. If this guy is renting he will be in for a shock when the owner adds the amount to his rent.
We never had a situation that could not be resolved.
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

The non-PCF Fail/Win Thread

Post by Stuart »

Lol, nice.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

That wheel clamp thing would have been nice for my work on Thursday. some guy/gal decided that it was after hours and it would be ok to block our driveway. this prevented a few of us from leaving as we were working late.
Eventually i decided to drive over the pavement and then into the road. someone else said they would be calling a tow company but not sure what happened. i had this urge to deflate all their tires.... feel i should have done it.
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

Put sugar in the petrol tank.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

This goes to a friend of mine. So today we are sitting in the canteen and it is almost the end of the day so everybody is a bit tired. Now the person in question is sitting reading a magazine when all of a sudden the chair just disintegrates and he ends up on the floor on top of what was one the chair. It was really random which only made it more funny :lol:
senile

Post by senile »

Siemens wrote:Put sugar in the petrol tank.
Assuming that they leave the petrol flap open and the cap unlocked?

Many years ago when I was a student I had the same problem, some idiot parked on my space once or twice a week. So one day I got some sticker paper and printed a really vulgar image on it and some obscure message to scare him away. I stuck it on the windscreen and decided to hide by the stairs to see what happens. To my shock and old lady unlocked the car! She got in, paused for a while, and started screaming and ran back where she came from :lol: Needless to say I had to disappear because angry people found their way to my flat! :lol:
Last edited by senile on 12 Apr 2011, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Which is unlikely, but if it is a Mazda then any other Mazda's key will work
senile

Post by senile »

THE_STIG wrote:Which is unlikely, but if it is a Mazda then any other Mazda's key will work
Leave my Mazda alone!