Let the tricking begin :twisted:

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Well I suck at excersizing.... I cant even touch my toes :oops:
Also out of shape but not that much.
And is not easy to find people to train with.
And how do you train for it because if u land on your head pretty much stops right there. :roll:

Oh and Free running is when a guy runs around and jumps non stop.
They leap buildings, Jump walls, and pretty much jump.

But the main thing is balance because you need a lot of stength to do it.
as in they will jump on to stair rails then to a wall.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Here's a link to my favorite video at present :) (It's about 15megs but is really worth it I think.

http://67.18.198.26/bilang.com/sampler/ ... isMark.mpg

The next video here was from last December. It was a meeting of most of the South African trickers(or whatever the term is) in JHB. It's about 4meg. These guys are really quite good, the guy who's teaching me and was in the last video I posted is also in this one.

http://www.teamrage.de/hostedvidz/anti- ... 0grass.wmv
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

someidiotsa wrote: Well I suck at excersizing.... I cant even touch my toes icon_redface.gif
Also out of shape but not that much.
And is not easy to find people to train with.
And how do you train for it because if u land on your head pretty much stops right there. icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh and Free running is when a guy runs around and jumps non stop.
They leap buildings, Jump walls, and pretty much jump.

But the main thing is balance because you need a lot of stength to do it.
as in they will jump on to stair rails then to a wall.
I can't touch my toes either, what does that mean? Believe me the best way to get fit to do tricks and stuff is just to practise them. I've been working out at gym for the last 6 months and after just 2 hours of tricking last weekend my muslces were score, which hasn't happened really since I first start gym.

Get some friends interested in it and then train together, that's what I'm doing. Believe me it looks like you could really hurt yourself but if I do it basically like you're supposed to then there's little chance of you getting seriously hurt. This guy I'm training with now said he's fallen straight on his head in the sand where we practise and didn't get hurt. It's just about fear really. Make you know exactly how to do a trick before attempting it, oh yes, and ALWAYS stretch first :)

Oh ok, I know what Free Running is then, haven't seen it for a long time. That is also cool though.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

I do not have any nice sand at my home no-big yard nothing...nil
Only rockhard cement :roll:
And i cant even do a samasault. nor do a full jump in the air where you turn (forgot the name)

I dont do any excersize really. Maybe run around a bit but pretty much stops there.
Unless if you consider the dancing game that you see at arcades excersize.
Do you know where i could get that game in SA coz cant seem to find it anywhere in Durbs. ( I have the PS2 mats.)

*EDIT* Okay if you wanna see a type of free running look in Cammies
collection of last month. titled Young Love. Its not really the full type but
just in the real one it is faster.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Find a park or somewhere to go where they have soft grass and maybe some beach sand if you lucky. My garden is also mainly concrete :(

I couldn't do a somersault until I tried last night, remember, tuck in your head, that was my problem.

As for the kicks in the air I haven't gotten any of them yet. It's best to try start with a Handstand, Cartwheel, Front Handspring then Front Flip. Maybe try get a kip up right also. These are all basics and most aren't even considered to be basics by people who trick.

You mean the collection the PCF disc? I don't buy PCF anymore so haven't got it to look at. I'll find some videos sometime and take a look.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Why dont you buy PCF.

Maybe I will try it out one day while i do PE at skool.
Or i could try jump then land in the pool :bigups:
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

someidiotsa wrote:Why dont you buy PCF.

Maybe I will try it out one day while i do PE at skool.
Or i could try jump then land in the pool Big Ups
Don't buy PCF cause I don't have money usually. It's an excellent magazine, when I have money I do buy it though :)

For all those interested. Below is a link to the video of our training session last Saturday. Ultima recorded with his cam and added music and names and etc..

http://myweb.absamail.co.za/yestinj/newrecruits.wmv
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Well all my moves are coming along slowly. Working on a Tornado Kick and 540 now. They're not that hard but like everything they require practise.

I tried a backflip with a spotter yesterday 8O I think I only got over once with my friends help. It will take me a while to loose my fear of jumping backwards. :(

Has anyone had a look at the video in the last post I made? Any comments?

Does anyone know of any gyms around JHB that are made for tumbling and gymnastics. Like they have crashmats and maybe foam pits, that kinda stuff. Cause it is so much harder practising on beach sand and unfortunately none of us have enough matresses lying around.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Well i downloaded the file last week but forgot to post....
Not bad jumping by the way.... still i am too scared to do one of those jumps that you did...

Isn't it better to use the sand than Gym mats... :roll: coz sand should be softer unless if it is a foam pit.... :arrow:
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Thanks, I can't do much compared to Ultima and Sean though.

I'm much better now than I was in that video though, maybe Ultima will record some more of what I can do tomorrow then I'll post a link to it.

You still have a lot of fear on the sand, believe me you can hurt yourself, I landed wrong once last weekend on my back and head and was dizzy and score for quite a while after. With a good gym that has a lot of crash mats and foam pits and stuff it will really help with the fear.

One of my friends who just started last week can almost do a front flip, he keeps landing on his back, but he's not scared to do it. Ok his cartwheel is useless though, but his hand stand is also good.

someidiotsa have you tried anything yet? What you able to do? I'm talking basic stuff here, cartwheels, hand stands, that kinds stuff.
PHR33K

Post by PHR33K »

wel....it is....um...interesting looking to say the least
PHR33K

Post by PHR33K »

i think i will stick to skateboards and halfpipes
tho.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Haha me do a cart wheel.... probably break my neck....
last time i tried and did a running handstand flip ( whatever it is called)
like four years ago... landed flat on my back.... lucky me there was grass...

Well maybe i will try it out later, once i overcome the fear of hurting myself :roll:
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

What's your definition of "interesting looking" PHR33K? :)

What we did in that is still quite basic, only started three weeks ago so I got time to learn more still :)
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

PHR33K wrote: i think i will stick to skateboards and halfpipes
tho.
Skateboards... way too scary for me, I prefer what I do :)
someidiotsa wrote: Haha me do a cart wheel.... probably break my neck....
last time i tried and did a running handstand flip ( whatever it is called)
like four years ago... landed flat on my back.... lucky me there was grass...

Well maybe i will try it out later, once i overcome the fear of hurting myself Rolling Eyes
My cartwheels aren't too good, my legs don't go up enough cause I'm afraid I'm gonna push to hard and land on my head :( But hasn't happened yet at least.

That's called a front handspring I believe. I can do that from standing and running, I don't go completely over though. When I first did it I kept landing on my back, was a bit discouraging, just remember if you try to use your hands to push off and jump quite hard.

I still have lots of fear with back flips and front flips and even a one handed carthwheel, it just takes practise and time to get over. Or get drunk and give it a try, I must still try that :)
PHR33K

Post by PHR33K »

well i dont think its something i am likely to get into, but hey. I prefer the skating.

I seem to recall there is a gym in the sandton-hydepark area that has got big pits filled with foam thingys.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Do you know the name of that gym PHR33K?
PHR33K

Post by PHR33K »

nah, sorry. I only remember it vagely. I dont know why i would of gone there. Me and gyms dont mix
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Even worse for me is back flip everytime i try (on a bed...broken about two coz of jumping) I land on my back but i guess it is coz of fear :(
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

That's cool PHR33k, no problem. I love gyms :) Lots of nice girls

Wow someidiotsa 8O If you actually got the guts to try it then you're not so scared. Get someone to spot you. Even with a gut spotting me I get so scared I just flop and fall back, or don't jump high, or do something dumb.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

haha me have guts i landed flat on my back...feet in the air....
I couldnt even do a flip. :roll:

and dont forget i was probably high when i was doing it...
i was on cloud nine (jokes)
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Well that's still more than I managed.

But anyway, you should keep trying. Thats the only way you'll learn anything :) Have lots of matresses though.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Well for those who don't know about free running :wink:
I found out a show which talks about it called Jump London
will be on at 10pm.... :)

Very interesting :wink:
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

someidiotsa wrote:Well for those who don't know about free running Wink
I found out a show which talks about it called Jump London
will be on at 10pm.... Smile

Very interesting Wink
What channel is it on someidiotsa?

Oh and I've been meaning to update here with my progress since the last time I posted, well here goes :)

My carthwheels are much better, hand stands kinda messed up at the moment for some reason, maybe I was just too tired when I tried today.

I managed to land a one handed cartwheel once today :) :) :) :)
I tried more but I had to put out my to stop myself falling when I landed.

Last weekend was really good though :)

I went to a friends house where he has some really nice matresses that we use. I got quite a few front hand springs perfect, meaning I landed on my feet with my legs straight, although in one I went a bit fast and went flying into the grass after the matress. Lucky I have good reflexes :)
We also tried front flips and I can do them but usually land on my back, once of twice I've landed on my feet and hands.

As soon as I've got some more footage I'll put a link to it here :)
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

I knew i forgot to write it down well this only counts for DSTV boys and girls...
On channel 65 (Discovery)

Good show but the French guys don't speak english and no translations :(

*EDIT* oh congrads on the jumping... me still too scared to try
currently exhausted coz played cricket earlier...
and it was raining, we also lost and i only made 2 runs :(