Wizardofid's misadventures and other stories

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Wizardofid's misadventures and other stories

Post by wizardofid »

Well perhaps this thread is not for those who can't read between the lines, or fail to understand my incomprehensible dry humor ramblings.Perhaps the adventure of the gardening gnomes should continue in it's attempt to once and for all rid middle earth of spam.

I will come here with my posts deemed not suitable for the thread of course with links so that I can keep both my sanity and continual power to browse these epic pages of awesomeness.

These posts will be generic in the sense that it will not be directed at any one and to keep flaming at bay.I still expect the odd sod to miss read the ramblings and go medieval on me.

But as a warning perhaps that would not be a good idea, as I continually seek new material for the continuation of the adventure of the gardening gnomes.

But there will also be more serious topics as I come across them in my day to day experience of the depressing world we find our self in.

Well this post is with regards to the gardening thread, and the spammers that found a new save haven.
Popping up? Surely you mean sprouting, I think the board has been over run by klingons, in a attempt garner the force of metro geeks.

But it is save to say that numerous pointless threads have taken over, the spam thread was sufficient to contain the damnation found with in its pages.But there seem to be a loop hole with in PHP to contain the evil of spam.The blue one has been slipping up, that or people have found ingenious ways to spread the....er... spam.

But not too worry I am sure the new sprouts will continue to thrive for a few weeks where by the second page of death will take over and the eventual adventurous lost spammer seeking torment and excitement to dismay of many will magically resurrect Darth second page of death's evil Hench men, to do his evil bidding.So the necromancer will once again rise because some ignorant lost spammer sod decided it would be fun to poke it with a spam stick to see if it will come alive.

From the mountains of the fair cape there will be a blue one, that will cry freedom.He will gather around a round table with the clans of the bringer of death administrators.They will decide on the death grip that the tyranny of spam holds on these pages.They will race forth to the servers of the two towers and gather the gunslingers to moderate their evil plans.And slowly but surely they will draw their plans against us.

The mist will engulf the spam with great vengeance upon those who appose the rule of the blue one.The gunslingers will go forth with the rage that is Carrie.

As the river runs wild with the blood of fallen comrades, a call of duty will embark those brave souls to prepare a onslaught of modern warfare.There will be a need for speed as the souls are on hot pursuit by the blue one and his band of brothers.Those who fall into the traps set by the blue one will be banished to solitude in the cell.There will be a knight rider and his root kit will help destroy the evil blue one, the bringers of death and the gunslingers.

Then the threads of pointlessness will reign supreme, and finally peace will reign in middle earth.

And so my friends spam will once again sprout and choke the beautiful forest that is the first page...

the end.
And this how I feel about the day of tomorrow.
It consumes and swallows indiscriminately.It creeps at you with a steady pace, never rushed.
It fills every crevice and is unforgiving to those who seek shelter in the open.
With it, it brings forth evil, for it hides in it. It brings forth fear, for fear it harbors.It offers no solace, for it is cold and bitter.

For those are his army of horsemen.It's onslaught is relentless,with dawn the battle is lost,the darkness within cease
crits and comments always welcome...

again this is really just about poking fun...no meaning attached to some posts...
Last edited by wizardofid on 27 Jan 2011, 18:26, edited 2 times in total.
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
lancelot

Re: Wizardofid's pun intended thread (Sensitive pansy warnin

Post by lancelot »

Is there any meaning ever attached to your mostly, rambling posts? :twisted: While the poet in you is attempting to claw its way out of the quagmire of your mind, I do wonder if the society is not perhaps dead :?:
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

Get over it.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

^^ Now that is a meaningful post :!: :roll:
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

http://forums.pcformat.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=39190

Perhaps the gardening gnomes have under estimate the power of the mouse and bikes.Perhaps the sheer brilliance of it has not perhaps settled in it.The gnomes have for a few years been enjoying the underground mouse riding races.

However it would seem the gnomes illegal activities have been unearthed, and have been discredited by bike racing.The propaganda of bike racing has been spread by those who feel that mouse racing should best be left to compulsive adults who better appreciate the benefit of it's usage.The gnomes wonders if there is any plausibility to said propaganda.

In retaliation the gnomes have spread their own propaganda, in a attempt to point out the benefits of mouse racing.The gnomes hidden agenda is nothing short of growing another generation of well entertained beings.It is said that their mouse racing is most enjoyable to those that accept it for what it is a great tool to recruit a new generation of IT and leet young beings.

Perhaps the gnomes will have a new weapon of mass destruction that will finally defeat the propaganda of the lords of knowledge and the angels of playing outside.

Perhaps future endeavors of the lords of knowledge will finally succeed in defeating the gnomes with truth and justice to those who fall prey to the gnomes.

But for now the self aware gnomes are still safe with their mouse racing.
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

My own knowledge of gnomes, the garden variety that is, is somewhat limited, I do however know that they procreate behind the bird bath on moonless nights, I have this on good authority.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Jou kop raas.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

lancelot wrote:Is there any meaning ever attached to your mostly, rambling posts? :twisted: While the poet in you is attempting to claw its way out of the quagmire of your mind, I do wonder if the society is not perhaps dead :?:
Poetry is meaningless without understanding meaning and expressionism behind it. :wink:
Jou kop raas.
Perhaps it does, but I have the better understanding of how it works.... :P
My own knowledge of gnomes, the garden variety that is, is somewhat limited, I do however know that they procreate behind the bird bath on moonless nights, I have this on good authority.
Perhaps that is another agenda altogether. :P
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

In light of a complaint received about this thread, I am locking it until we've discussed it in the Lounge. Final verdict will be rendered later.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Hy raas hard! However if Mozart could write music at the age of 3 and Swedish children ski before they can walk, riding a bicycle at three is a piece of cake.
While I have great respect for garden gnomes I do feel that they have limited intelligence, I mean why would they spend their lives outside in all conditions, just how do they intend to take over the world?
Suffice to say that at this time the penguin race is leading the take over, a colony of these have moved into Cape Town without anyone even noticing, beware the penguin!
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Lock it, I somehow doubt it, this is a thread for serious nonsensical discussion, an oxymoron of note!
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

wizardofid wrote:
Jou kop raas.
Perhaps it does, but I have the better understanding of how it works.... :P
Yes it works. In the same way that a car's wheels turn when you have to push it... :whistling:

And why haven't you commented in the "Sous Vide Cooking" thread yet? :?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

^^ Do not spam this thread with rubbish.
Johnny Fairplay

Post by Johnny Fairplay »

Well this is the pun thread so here goes:

Why have PCFormat never published an article on how to properly format a PC?
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

And where is the pun in that? As it happens they have indeed, some time ago.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Yeah they did the whole FDisk thing as well. But that was eons ago.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Johnny Fairplay

lancelot wrote:And where is the pun in that? As it happens they have indeed, some time ago.
The pun is that one can only format a hard drive, not the PC itself
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Oh dear, you caught me with that one!
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

I am not sure what seem the be funnier the failed attempt to understand it or trying gather the hidden agenda behind, I assure you there is none.I have the brilliant idea of instead entering a debate with the usual malarkey attached to it, express it in humor and a read between the lines attempt on expressing my own personal opinion of said topic.

If you take the last post into account and mouse and bikes it simply points out that perhaps we should not throw the warnings signs out the door.That we have really have become so dependent electronic entertainment that we have pushed our children onto it, to keep them occupied as time has really become irrelevant. The extra few minutes of quiet time that can be achieved by doing so, has it's immediate benefits, but little consider the long term effects that may result from that behavior.

Perhaps the first post was even harder to understand or I was perhaps pointing out the likely hood that the new members that have joined have different forum usage in mind to what we are use to.It may seem like spam but we are not use to the amount of new threads being created.The eventual result will be clogging of the first page of new posts being cluttered by senseless threads that have no useful information in it much like my thread here.Eventually ron will have to step in.

Which points out the irony of the whole matter.

Now if I had posted that instead of what I did post, how much fun would my forum life have been, simply doing it my way, the chance of offending any one is little to none.

But since I am getting responses of minor annoyance just tells me there is approval of sticking to my own little world, and ideas.

Either that or I am left with the impression I am setting my self up for a fail or perhaps people with come to accept my indifference and actually see nothing behind the curtain other than a person enjoying his insanity.

the end
Last edited by wizardofid on 24 Jan 2011, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Oh you are seriously insane. And that is not to say that I agree with your insanity. To the contrary.....
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Oh you are seriously insane. And that is not to say that I agree with your insanity. To the contrary.....
The amount of :lol:s I could post would perhaps prove your point.But the point is being different.

the gnomes in my head have more devious plans that could perhaps be seen as a attempt to reach out... but who knows.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

I wonder: if the multiple personalities in a skizo's head are telepathically united with each other into a hive mind, is he still a skizo?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Johnny Fairplay

KALSTER wrote:I wonder: if the multiple personalities in a skizo's head are telepathically united with each other into a hive mind, is he still a skizo?
Not sure but his head must be buzzing
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

I’m curious as to who actually found something here to complain about and secondly it is not buzzing it is a democracy unless they disagree with me and thirdly I find the wizards way of stating things more interesting as opposed to just saying what you mean
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Hmm Wizz speaks like the id10t's in parliament. Talk about an issue by completely evading the point and thus not have an argument to make as there is no point to make an argument about.

Pretty standard stuff for the Wizard.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932