Culture Diversity With Respect.(Sensitive Pansy Warning)

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Culture Diversity With Respect.(Sensitive Pansy Warning)

Post by wizardofid »

So I usually open my shop at around 8am every morning, I open 8am sharply not before or after as I am up since 5am every morning doing the preparations for the day.The school kids do come and knock on the doors from 7am to get their vetkoek and mince for school break which I do not mind as that is the arrangement I made with them.

As most their parents are alcoholics it is very seldom that they are sober to provide proper food.So I arrange special discount just for the school kids so that they have at least some thing proper to eat in the mornings and not the a packet of crisps or cookies what they usually do.

Not that vetkoek and mince is a balanced meal but least I add veggies to the mince to make sure that at least they get some.I do that with respect and concern, officially it is not my problem, but since I rely on them for business, I have to get involve or else clause.

So my clientele is important and have to put up with a lot of stuff.However music is not one of those things I am willing to put up with.I simply can not stand annoying kwaito or any cat-strangling-repeative-beat-I-wish-my-ear-drums-burst, music I just can't handle it, I want to go postal.....

With the invention of portable speakers to plug into your cellphone, I wish the designer that made them gets a cramp where it really really hurts.

That now means me avoiding the music is well nearly impossible.If Mr Price or OK bazaar or any damn furniture store with big speakers outside their store plays any music either remotely above my audible level or annoying enough to want to poke holes in my ear drums...I use the handy tube of super glue I always keep with me and empty the tube in each offending speaker....

However concerning my shop I do play music but very soft barely audible and the tracks are mostly classics.But usually switch off the music completely during the busy times over lunch ect...When I do special orders for large functions ect I enjoy listening to music since I am the only one in the shop I have to close for that period till the large order has been done.Then I pump the volume on my custom set of creatives.

Some clientele with their cellphone speakers storm into the shop make an order and promptly sits down to listen to their god awful music in my shop.So I kindly ask them to switch off their music and most comply.Every now and then I have some one that ignores me and there is one specific spiteful person that comes in every now and then.

Now due to a recent upgrade to my Postal Agency I am required to have burglar bars in front of all windows which have and a gate in front of the door, which I didn't so over the weekend
I installed a remote electric gate which allow me a bit more freedom if need to use the loo ect...

This morning enter Mr spiteful with his cat-strangling-repeative-beat-I-wish-my-ear-drums-burst music and I buzz him in and he closes the gate.Makes his order, pays and sits down.I kindly ask him to turn it down or off he refuses...

So I go on in the kitchen preparing his order that is when it struck me he had paid and he is effectively trapped until I buzz him out.

In comes my custom set of creative speakers.A few years back I build my self a custom box with two jensen speakers.This isn't just and ordinary box, I build it using 40mm thick MDF board 500mm x 500mm x 500mm.The box it self weights about 20 kg's.Used a wood slot system and glue and additional support beams inside to improve sound clarity and little to none vibration.I think a speaker is about 1800watts each connected to a respective channel.

So imagine now I have my tormentor trapped and nowhere to go.So out goes the old play list and in comes the new play list...first song klipwerf boere orkes volume at about 80%.

Much to my surprise the cat-strangling-repeative-beat-I-wish-my-ear-drums-burst music was no longer audible,I kinda jived of klipwerf while making his order.About a minute into the song I hear a lot of swearing and shouting.I promptly looked out the serving window and notice the tormentor stood up holding up his hands to his ears and shouting some thing about music.

I shout back to him cool music...and point to my hand that his order will be ready in about 5 mins.

Then I decided enough of kilpwerf some Rob Zombie might sooth the soul.I added the final touches to his order and handed it to him and he left without saying a single word.

I think this is a rather effective method of getting the message across of respect.
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Re: Culture Diversity With Respect.(Sensitive Pansy Warning)

Post by Tribble »

Bwahahahahahhahahaha you just made my day
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Tribble wrote:Bwahahahahahhahahaha you just made my day
Glad I did, you should have seen the evil grin on my face..... :wink:
Last edited by wizardofid on 19 Oct 2010, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I can only imagine. Well technically - he did get what he deserved. I am interested to know how he acts the next time he comes into your shop. Do let us know. Perhaps you will never see him again :lol:

Oh and :thumbup: for how you help the kids. That is awesome. There are so many kids whose parents don't give a damn about them - the wold needs more people like you that do.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

this is one way of doing it... a non-war way, just to let them know how we feel....

:laughing1:
good for you!!
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

:lol:

good man... but wouldn't enya/SOAD/celine dion have been a better choice?.. (ok, SOAD may qualify as cruel and unusual punishment, but i would happily endure it in favour of teaching a dimbulb a lesson... )
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

:lol: Dude, I'd support your shop any day :D

Big-up on both counts :thumbup:
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

rustypup wrote::lol:

good man... but wouldn't enya/SOAD/celine dion have been a better choice?.. (ok, SOAD may qualify as cruel and unusual punishment, but i would happily endure it in favour of teaching a dimbulb a lesson... )
I listen to enya every now and then when I do 3d modeling :oops:
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

why the :oops: face.... a lot of us listen to enya....
and its not un-cool for a guy to listen to her... her music is soothing
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

bust! :twisted:

<OT>you may also enjoy: </OT>
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

rustypup wrote:bust! :twisted:

<OT>you may also enjoy: </OT>
Thanks I will stick to enya the general Idea is to inflict damage on others.... :wink:
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Nice, you just made my day. Even nicer helping the kids out. Good thing I don't visit your shop :-|
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Excellent counter troll dear boy!
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

jamin_za wrote:Excellent counter troll dear boy!
I was almost certain you would have some witty troll about wizard's dislike of kwaito / hip hop.

Son, I am disappoint!
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

I was almost certain you would have some witty troll about wizard's dislike of kwaito / hip hop.
Actually hip hop outside of South Africa isn't too bad some artists still make my ears bleed...but any thing related to being tone death and whistling to a beat, I hate, dislike is a "weak" word to be using in a situation like this. :wink:

*edit*
Come to think about the music is usually so distorted on those small speaker any music being played will give me an headache
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

:lol: :notworthy: excellent
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"