Walk in her shoes

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
jee

Walk in her shoes

Post by jee »

A group of men in San Diego are collectively putting their best foot forward -- and into high heels.

It's part of a Sept. 30 event called "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes," which, true to its name, will feature hundreds of guys strutting their stuff in a mile-long walk through the city's downtown in an effort to raise money for the local YWCA's domestic-violence programs.

There are similar events all over the country, but this is the third year that San Diego men have risked bunions, twisted ankles, hammertoes, blisters and all the things that women go through just for the "joy" of wearing stylish shoes.
watch the vid
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
RuadRauFlessa

Re: Walk in her shoes

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Epic find jee. Let them appreciate how you kill yourself every day for the sake of fashion.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
jee

Post by jee »

nope, i kill myself so that the guy sitting opposite me can have an appreciative day every ;)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

jee wrote:nope, i kill myself so that the guy sitting opposite me can have an appreciative day every ;)
Hence the reason for the fashion. But alas why is it not me sitting opposite you <sigh class='DrawnOutSigh'/>

Ons second thought don't answer that. But seriously - Not a bad joke this. These are people, afaik, aimed at raising funds they just chose to do it in a way that will actually pull some attention. I wholeheartedly support their cause. Stop the violence. If I find a guy lifting a hand against a woman I just go bonkers. I get so mad I just want to bash his head in. Happened once while I was still in school and the guy did in fact end up in the hospital. I got into big problems cause of it but to tell the truth it was worth it.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Doesn't Jacaranda already have something like this going a few years already? Goes by the name Sisters with Blisters.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

SykomantiS wrote:Doesn't Jacaranda already have something like this going a few years already? Goes by the name Sisters with Blisters.
That only applies if you actually listen to Boom 94.7
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH