Is There Life After Death?

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.

Is there life after death?

Yes
35%
No
25%
I don't know
15%
I don't intend to die
25%

Total votes: 40

StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Re: Is There Life After Death?

Post by StarPhoenix »

From what I have read, "ghosts" are a product of the way our brains process information.

You may want to read the followinghere and here.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

@Birdie
I have just glanced at the articles and will give them more thought once this pain subsides. Just to let you know - I am not referring to things I saw or thought I saw - these were physical interactions. Is the brain able to interact with actual objects and affect them = without you consciously making the decision for them to be interacted with? What I am saying is, for example, can the brain get you to move something on a regular basis and ensure that you have no knowledge of having moved it? Can it unlock doors? Even ones where they were observed after other people had confirmed that they were indeed locked? It worries me that my brain may be able to play these sorts of tricks.

@Kalster

My brain is convinced that they do exist - because of what I have experienced. Your telling me that they cannot possibly exist would be a waste of our time. You would get nowhere.

So - you say that just as real noises and events can permeate dreams, so too can dreams intrude on our normal waking lives? How so if it affects more than just the "daydreamer"? If say 4 people are witness to the same series of events - would this be akin to mass hysteria (without prompting or preconditioning)? Is there a way for one person's mind to affect the reality of others in the vicinity? Frankly - that scares me more than a few particles floating around, calling itself a ghost.
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Put your hands up where I can see them and step away from the catnip. Slowly.

Physical interactions, you say? Please describe what happened, where and when it happened and whether anyone else observed this.
How frequently have you experienced events such as these?

Do you have any video or photographic evidence that something out of the ordinary happened?

To borrow a phrase from Kalster, I don't have any real reason to think that this is much more than an instance of your mind messing wit' ya.

I'll concede that I am one of *those* atheists....cannot provide arguments against the existence of the supernatural that will satisfy even me.
It's more of a hunch, really....

You'd best be asking the likes of Kalster, jamin or Rusty if you want fancy and plausible explanations. :P
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I am off to meet Maxxis for the Ronny mission - but will explain later