Coffee Machine Question: For Rusty or anyone else

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
beerman

Coffee Machine Question: For Rusty or anyone else

Post by beerman »

I've recently looked at the Nespresso coffee/espresso/cuppacino machines and while I will concede that at R5,75 a cup of espresso or cuppacino it is rather expensive, I made an amazingly good cup of 'home made cuppacino' on one of these machines (which means I have top spend R16 less frequently at Woolworths for a cuppacino). At R3850 they're also significantly cheaper than the R10k stuff I've seen elsewhere ...

If anyone has some good points or bad points to share on these or similar machines, I'd appreciate!

Regards,

beerman
My 2c ...
UrBaN

Re: Coffee Machine Question: For Rusty or anyone else

Post by UrBaN »

Are you referring to the Nescafe Cube, by any chance?

That was one of the gifts on my wedding list, because that thing is great.

I think the only potential limitation is a difficulty finding the pods for the machine.

I tasted it though, and it was fantastic, so I think you'd be making a good decision in getting one.
to ápeiro anima
beerman

Post by beerman »

Hey urban,

Its' the pods I'm referring to , but I guess they probably just changed the names at some stage. The pods are expensive, but damn, the coffee is soooooo good. The key is guess is to limit intake of 'premium nespresso' coffee to esnure you don't spend R500/month on the pods ...

You can order online and there is a place on Malibongwe where you can get them and a store is opening in Sandton City in June.

I'm just trying to think whether it really is a good buy or whether I'm caught up in the nice cuppacino I had ..
My 2c ...
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

Well, lets be real. It's coffee, so no, it isn't a good buy.

That said, IT'S COFFEE, what the hell are you waiting for?
Coffee is one of the 5 main food groups, and GOOD coffee is hard to come by. Maybe.

Seems like you're hooked - if you don't get it, you'll be pining after it for years to come.
This will lead to a dwindling spiral in your own life, whereby you will come to hate your kids and come home to find your wife in bed with another woman.
You'll lose your job and end up on the street, looking at Ricoffy tins with revolt whilst pining after jus one last Nescafe Gold.

I don't want you to go out like this man. Your dog loves you. You deserve better.

Do the right thing.

Get the coffee.

Hugs.
to ápeiro anima
beerman

Post by beerman »

Finding the wife in bed with another woman ... well ... no you just made up my mind for me! I will NOT buy the Nespresso machine ... THAT opportunity is too good to miss! ;)
My 2c ...
Prime

Post by Prime »

Spend R300 -R500 and buy a decent coffee grinder.
Depending on your tastes in coffee, spend 30-80 for R250 grams of beans, or you could find a source that sells them in bigger quantities.
Get a reasonable quality espresso machine for a few k.

Depending on how much you imbibe, 250G of beans will last you between 1 week and a month. Keep it well sealed if it lasts that long.

Most espresso machines now come with a milk wand thingamajig.

Danessi > Segafredo Zanetti > Cafe One's Weiner Blend >= Illy. :wink:

:lol: